• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

I toss out smash attacks because I fully expect you to run in at them. Nabster pulled the same shit on me, so I learned I needed to vary approaches or even force him to approach at times rather than constantly run in. I don't know what Yoshi can do about it, but he should have some kind of tool to circumvent it, and I can't toss out smashes with everyone (were I to do it with Fox and whiff, I'm left open for heavy punishment.)

And yeah, incorporating spot dodges would be good if you haven't done so already. See, you now have things you can work on!

I was able to get past it against Nabster the other day. First match on smashville was more like up smashville. It was a lot easier to do new stuff against him because we both stayed with the same characters the entire time.

Really glad that I'm getting the Sheik matchup down really well now compared to before. I'm more scared of facing characters that I don't play against as much now, haha.

The tournament mode sucks ass so nobody is using it.

Bummer. A friend and I (both online not local) are trying to find a way to play some people together without having to enter a bunch of friend codes. We've just been jumping to the same tourney together to try that out. Wish there was a party system :/

So does anyone here have experience playing with or against Peach at a competitive level? Her floatiness and multi-hit attacks threw me off a bunch earlier, and while it's not a very common matchup I'd like to have at least some knowledge of how to fight the character. Knowledge is what helped me fight a Zelda earlier; forcing her approach puts her in a bad spot.

So does anyone here have experience playing with or against Peach at a competitive level? Her floatiness and multi-hit attacks threw me off a bunch earlier, and while it's not a very common matchup I'd like to have at least some knowledge of how to fight the character. Knowledge is what helped me fight a Zelda earlier; forcing her approach puts her in a bad spot.

Can't say much on a competitive level, but I've been running into a lot of peach's recently on FG so I kinda started to get them on read. What I've started noticing alot.

- A lot of Peach players prioritize on floating, so when recovering they very often go high since they can float. I usually get this read and end up hitting them back down or getting the kill.

- Since a lot of Peach player love to float around, it also limits her mobility horizontally. She can't roll, just a weird airdodge. That also means that if she's doing a float above the ground her attack options are quite limited to what she can do in the air.

- Fair and Dair are her reliable aerials. D-smash is annoying, and her dash attack is similar to Zelda.

- She's light, but has a good recovery. But she isn't a problem if you can actually hard land hits. If you want to gimp her recovery, you'll need to understand she's either gonna move horizontal or up-b which means she's very vulnerable from below while she does it. If she is facing the other direction while in Up-B she won't grab it while the umbrella is out.

Lost my first match after 20 win streak in SFV beta. So much fun.
Still waiting on that PC beta :p
Can't say much on a competitive level, but I've been running into a lot of peach's recently on FG so I kinda started to get them on read. What I've started noticing alot.

- A lot of Peach players prioritize on floating, so when recovering they very often go high since they can float. I usually get this read and end up hitting them back down or getting the kill.

- Since a lot of Peach player love to float around, it also limits her mobility horizontally. She can't roll, just a weird airdodge. That also means that if she's doing a float above the ground her attack options are quite limited to what she can do in the air.

- Fair and Dair are her reliable aerials. D-smash is annoying, and her dash attack is similar to Zelda.

- She's light, but has a good recovery. But she isn't a problem if you can actually hard land hits. If you want to gimp her recovery, you'll need to understand she's either gonna move horizontal or up-b which means she's very vulnerable from below while she does it. If she is facing the other direction while in Up-B she won't grab it while the umbrella is out.

All this sounds alright so far. Only issue is my stubbornness makes me stick to using only Doctor Mario on Anther's for this season just because lol, but I'll see if I can't find any local Peaches to smash with. Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it!

Back to rank 50 on Anther's. Over halfway to Gold II and a 6 win streak right now. I won 2-0 against some Marth that beat me 2-1 two months ago, so that must mean something. Good enough for me tonight.

I also got two really good replays from my Luigi tonight. The guy didn't seem to know what to do despite being Mario in one of the matches.

Wait, did Anthers reset?

Fuck, I just went through the trouble to get ranked again. God damn.

It resets like every 3 months. You can see the start and end date on the website in the rankings.

I believe it is 6 matches to get ranked if you have been before, instead of 8. Win them all and you should be at least Silver II.

Yeah that's what I got last time. Just a pain since I did it like two weeks ago.

I wouldn't worry too much, I got my 6 done playing nothing but Doc. You tend to get a lot of Bronze and fellow unranked when you're unranked yourself, and the only one to have actually taken a match off of me was a Peach player, who promptly switched for no reason and got bodied the next two matches.

The only issue is the timesink of playing those 6 matches; it took me a little over an hour but I was playing in the afternoon. Dunno how it'll be for your schedule.

Also I so desperately need Rosa experience, I haven't played that matchup in forever. >.<;;;;

Nabster92

I wouldn't worry too much, I got my 6 done playing nothing but Doc. You tend to get a lot of Bronze and fellow unranked when you're unranked yourself, and the only one to have actually taken a match off of me was a Peach player, who promptly switched for no reason and got bodied the next two matches.

The only issue is the timesink of playing those 6 matches; it took me a little over an hour but I was playing in the afternoon. Dunno how it'll be for your schedule.

Also I so desperately need Rosa experience, I haven't played that matchup in forever. >.<;;;;

Perhaps tomorrow afternoon sometime I can fill that void.

Robiin

Hey guys! I am back, with a new TV and a LAN adapter hooked up to a connection twice as fast as I have ever had (200Mb), and I don´t have to share it with anyone!

Anyone want to join me in testing out this right now? Keep in mind, I´m still in Europe! ;)

Jonke

Neo Member
I was looking to play yesterday but it seems most people appeared during my sleep hours. Welp :T

Hey guys! I am back, with a new TV and a LAN adapter hooked up to a connection twice as fast as I have ever had (200Mb), and I don´t have to share it with anyone!

Anyone want to join me in testing out this right now? Keep in mind, I´m still in Europe! ;)

I would but... need to head out for an errand. Will be back in 1 ½ hour.

Mr Swine

Banned
FFS, Lucas is op. I cannot beat him with any character. Just spams that fire and ice attacks and blocks all my attacks, really frustrating

Mr Swine

Banned
Lucas is the opposite of OP.

Really? I tried with Wario (my main), Bowser, Ganondorf and Marth and I couldn't win over the 20 online matches against the same person. He blocked all my attacks, did the jump kick attack and spammed that ice and fire move.

Brqan

Really? I tried with Wario (my main), Bowser, Ganondorf and Marth and I couldn't win over the 20 online matches against the same person. He blocked all my attacks, did the jump kick attack and spammed that ice and fire move.
Sounds like the guy was just brickwalling.

Lucas's aerials aren't safe, and PK Freeze is a decent move but you definitely shouldn't be getting hit by it very much.

This place isn't very active right now, though. It doesn't help that I can't play.

I'd play but I already had 2 hours of FG practice trying to hammer in my playstyle changes.

And currently uploading all my FG disrespect replays to youtube lol.

Top Bottom