• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

I don't think I have you added.

I don't like forcing people to not play a character. You were winning with WFT, but a lot of them were close. But yeah, I would prefer to fight Sonic over Little Mac.

But I see you on my list? You erased me? D: My IGN is "Travisty". If you don't have my NNID, it's AnkiRendan.

Mega Man is SO FREAKING FUN AND REWARDING to play at a high (or at least somewhat high, don't want to make it sound like I'm better than I am) level.

This game, man... this game. It just keeps on giving. Sakurai and his team just nailed the "feel" of every character perfectly. I still can't get over it, almost a year later.

Mega Man is SO FREAKING FUN AND REWARDING to play at a high (or at least somewhat high, don't want to make it sound like I'm better than I am) level.

This game, man... this game. It just keeps on giving. Sakurai and his team just nailed the "feel" of every character perfectly. I still can't get over it, almost a year later.
They did a great job with Megaman, but they definitely failed at nailing the feel of several characters.

It wasn't obvious? I thought the Pac Man match made it pretty clear.

I hate Little Mac. His smashes with armour and being unable to punish them without perfect shielding is annoying. Then even if I am ahead I am not, because the KO punch can decide the whole match.
But you play Yoshi.

I still don't know how I feel about the buff to Zeldas d-tilt. It does more damage and combos into up-air at kill percents, but it no longer combos into up-smash or up-b. Plus at low percents, it doesn't combo into itself for as long.

The little extra damage is nice, but I don't think it was the best change for her.

Actually I use d-tilt into grab a hell lot now. Works wonders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urzVCTnkaJw at 1:20

Oidisco

Oh yea I've been doing d-tilt to grab for a long time and it does still work, don't think it works for as long now though.

A neat little combo you can do at low percents is d-tilt, jab to grab. Then do whatever you want out of the grab

They did a great job with Megaman, but they definitely failed at nailing the feel of several characters.

Like who, would you say? I play like 75% of the whole roster for fun and, regardless of whether they're low- or high-tier, they all at least "feel" fantastic to me.

Like, Samus for example... she's obviously trash in a competitive sense and I myself am awful with her, but she (awesomely) feels like she stepped right out of Super Metroid.

Like who, would you say? I play like 75% of the whole roster for fun and, regardless of whether they're low- or high-tier, they all at least "feel" fantastic to me.

Like, Samus for example... she's obviously trash in a competitive sense and I myself am awful with her, but she (awesomely) feels like she stepped right out of Super Metroid.
Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Palutena, Zelda, Jigglypuff, Dr. Mario, and Lucina are all pretty crap.

Just when I thought my day would be Airbender Kong free...D:

Good games! The gap between us has only gotten bigger. I can definitely see how Anther's ladder has made you even more difficult to win against! It takes a ton of effort just to try to keep up.

Just when I thought my day would be Airbender Kong free...D:

Good games! The gap between us has only gotten bigger. I can definitely see how Anther's ladder has made you even more difficult to win against! It takes a ton of effort just to try to keep up.

I forgot to play him even though customs were on, so I had to. The buffs DK got go along great with customs.

Good games too. I don't feel the same way. You were keeping up well and Yoshi didn't feel much different from my other characters. You have definitely improved with Toon Link. New tricks, and you were very patient usually. If you want to beat me more, focus on Lucina. She is one of Yoshi's worst match ups.

I think I might start playing Falco. He is pretty fun and he will force me to get good with spacing a bair. My only complaints are his laser and his ground speed.

Oidisco

Actually I think they did a pretty poor job of capturing the feel of Samus. Her projectiles don't feel right, like her missiles are slow and very weak. Ground speed is slow. The only beam she has available to her is the Charge beam, whereas she should multiple beams available to her. There's so many abilities and weapons they could take from any game in the Metroid series that would be cool. Hell they could even give her a better dodge with the sense-move thing from Other M rather than the Morph Ball

Honestly I think Samus has never felt right in the Smash series. I'd love if they completely rebuilt her for the next game because I think she really needs it, same goes for all the characters Karst mentioned.

Actually I think they did a pretty poor job of capturing the feel of Samus. Her projectiles don't feel right, like her missiles are slow and very weak. Ground speed is slow. The only beam she has available to her is the Charge beam, whereas she should multiple beams available to her.

Honestly I think Samus has never felt right in the Smash series. I'd love if they completely rebuilt her for the next game because I think she really needs it, same goes for all the characters Karst mentioned.
Yeah, Samus is a pretty bad conversion. So many unused moves, and she was never that floaty in the series. She felt good in Melee, though. She doesn't even have her basic "buster shot".

Many characters have moves and specials that are outdated or worse than other moves would be. Why does Mario still have Fludd? Why is Ganondorf still based off of Captain Falcon? I know the reason. Sakurai doesn't want to disappoint people that like the character as is, but I would rather the characters actually be accurate portrayals of themselves.

Mario has FLUDD because Nintendo doesn't treat games that aren't called Metroid like unwanted children. Super Mario Sunshine is just as legitimate of a Mario game as Super Mario Galaxy or 64.

Ganondorf being a crappy Captain Falcon rip-off still sucks and we've discussed it. People expect him to be that and will complain if they change it even though Ganondorf now has 3-4 different incarnations significantly more interesting than this chunky, powerwalking dork.

>Dr. Mario is crap

Wow okay guys. Like ignoring the top tiers he can hold his own really well, with only his overall speed and shit recovery holding him back.

Then you fight someone like Sheik or ZSS and it all goes to hell because when you're off-stage, it takes as little as a weak hit to take a stock. :(

Yoshi on stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3

>Dr. Mario is crap

Wow okay guys. Like ignoring the top tiers he can hold his own really well, with only his overall speed and shit recovery holding him back.

Then you fight someone like Sheik or ZSS and it all goes to hell because when you're off-stage, it takes as little as a weak hit to take a stock. :(
We're talking about feeling and representation, not tier placement. Dr. Mario is pretty lame.

I prefer characters get new specials from their recent games when a new Smash comes out rather than please the old fans by keeping characters mostly the same from game to game. The people who want Ganondorf the same are just a vocal minority, and Sakurai should'be ignored them when making Smash 4. Yes, it is nice to represent old games in a series for a character, but not changing characters from game to game while saying every character was built from scratch is hypocritical of Sakurai.

Either way, there are multiple characters that don't feel like they came from their original games.

Oidisco

One of the many reasons why I just leave after one match. I don't want to deal with the shenanigans people do online.

I usually only leave after one match if I'm not having fun. Like if I'm playing someone who's really good I'll play them as much as I can. Especially if they're good with a character I use.

Though I do like to play the people who get really salty if they decide to try and play me again. It can be pretty funny

I forgot to play him even though customs were on, so I had to. The buffs DK got go along great with customs.

Good games too. I don't feel the same way. You were keeping up well and Yoshi didn't feel much different from my other characters. You have definitely improved with Toon Link. New tricks, and you were very patient usually. If you want to beat me more, focus on Lucina. She is one of Yoshi's worst match ups.

I think I might start playing Falco. He is pretty fun and he will force me to get good with spacing a bair. My only complaints are his laser and his ground speed.

Thanks! I actually felt Lucina would be better against Yoshi myself since I did play a good Yoshi on For Glory and did well against him, but you were much better than him. I definitely see potential in your Falco myself.

As for the current discussion, I agree that some characters could be represented better. It's too bad that Sakurai is too stubborn to change characters...unless they're Pit. :/ I'd love to see a Great Lord Lucina myself.

But the only request I have for her is to be safer on shield.

Zero's stream is pure entertainment now that all he does on stream is play tourney mode as different chars.

Right now, he's Mac.

edit: And Zero's SD's like a FG mac.

Top Bottom