• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

The more you play a game, the more you can play the general cast. Jigglypuff was pretty easy for me to pick up.

I can agree to this. Although Zelda is easily my best char, when playing against my friends I can still dominate them with the rest of the cast mainly due to fundamentals and character knowledge. First time playing Lucas ever and I was spiking my friends with his bair like crazy.

Cronox

Banned
Met the best player with a roll habit I've ever played on for glory tonight, frustrating to say the least. The worst part about playing someone who rolls way too much is how my own play suffers and drops in quality. Should have left after the first few battles.

Edit: also, bad news, a Ganondorf got through my jabs today with a side B. So I'm going to say side b is ~70% covered with jabs. It always comes down to Ganondorf, I'm going to make it a policy to leave once my opponent picks him. At that point I know I've exhausted any entertainment they can give me.

Met the best player with a roll habit I've ever played on for glory tonight, frustrating to say the least. The worst part about playing someone who rolls way too much is how my own play suffers and drops in quality. Should have left after the first few battles.

Edit: also, bad news, a Ganondorf got through my jabs today with a side B. So I'm going to say side b is ~70% covered with jabs. It always comes down to Ganondorf, I'm going to make it a policy to leave once my opponent picks him. At that point I know I've exhausted any entertainment they can give me.

Punish them rolls

Brqan

Jesus lately all I find on Roll Glory these days are flow chart high tier users that always just switch to Rosalina after I beat their Shiek, Diddy, or Luigi with my Ness, shit is annoying.

Cronox

Banned
Punish them rolls

These weren't defensive rolls, they were offensive ones using characters with good roll frame data. I've gotten away from relying on fortress as much as I used to and the guy was good at shielding multi-hit moves. He was incredibly slippery, and because he would roll through my moves and into me, moves would whiff because his character was inside Bowser (jabs/ftilt/utilt all whiff if a character is too close). If I miss a grab, there's enough time for a character to roll behind me and grab during the recovery frames.

Anyway, I know what I could have done and I did a lot of it, but as matches went on with that player he got more and more slippery. And of course when it comes to roll battles, if he rolled into me and I rolled away defensively I'd already lost, as he would follow my roll with his own. It's a certain kind of degenerate playstyle that makes matches a slog even if you play them right. My main problem was that I played him for too long.

Ryce

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/17/sakuraibrawlquestions/#more-1959

It was pretty obvious, but Jigglypuff, Toon Link and Wolf really were lucky they made it into Brawl. I'm extremely glad Toon Link made it, but it also shows that Jigglypuff really isn't as high priority as most people think it is.
Source Gaming said:
Sakurai: In the beginning, we had a system where swords would break, or equipment would be destroyed. After you lost your stock and respawned, your equipment would be repaired, but people who survived, so basically the better, more skilled players, would be at a disadvantage, and I wanted to include a system like that. This game is a game of accidents, so I wanted to include things that would change the situation around.
0PJlw2g.png

What the hell is with for Fun mode? I am the only one trying to play so they all gang up on me, and then they go to sudden death and one of them just SDs.

Now I am being trolled on FG!

Clefargle

I've been having trouble uploading my clips to YouTube. Anyone else having this issue? I tried updating the Wii U but every time I try I get a black screen after the playback before the miiverse step. Any advice?

Fandangox

I've been having trouble uploading my clips to YouTube. Anyone else having this issue? I tried updating the Wii U but every time I try I get a black screen after the playback before the miiverse step. Any advice?

Are you using your gamepad as the screen, but using a different controller?

Went from rank 42 to like rank 85 on Anther's today. I really should take a break from this game. It doesn't help that I was playing in the heat and got frustrated very easily.

Fandangox

When you use another controller, the upload commands appear on the TV, so if you only have your gamepad as screen, you won't see anything. The same happened to me, you have to to start and finish the upload using the gamepad so the commands appear on it's screen.

Went from rank 42 to like rank 85 on Anther's today. I really should take a break from this game. It doesn't help that I was playing in the heat and got frustrated very easily.
I've been playing less recently after Smash Con to catch up on games that I've missed from playing Smash. Has been really nice.

Oidisco

I'm gonna take a break from Smash for a month or so. Its been distracting me from speedrunning and learning Tropical Freeze 100%, and I really need to get on that before I go back to college.
I've also started to build some bad habits from playing so much For Glory recently, so I think a break will do me good.

Clefargle

When you use another controller, the upload commands appear on the TV, so if you only have your gamepad as screen, you won't see anything. The same happened to me, you have to to start and finish the upload using the gamepad so the commands appear on it's screen.

Thank you so much

I've been playing less recently after Smash Con to catch up on games that I've missed from playing Smash. Has been really nice.

I want to do this. I have played Splatoon a bit, but it still had been mostly Smash for the past while.

That Mewtwo video is just a For Glory combo video. Not very hard to make.

Top Bottom