• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Nabster92

GG's guys. Gonna be so dead tomorrow. Luckily our work from home Fridays are still in effect, so I can get a little more sleep in the morning.

Cronox

Banned
Good games Tipster and Twilt/Nabster for doubles.

Tipster, the neutral feels like a struggle against you regardless of the character you pick and I can't quite identify why. I always manage some ridiculous SD's (buffered buttons, misjudging distances, I have no idea what happened when I played Ike) but that's just the usual when we play. I always play you in a flustered headspace and am not nearly as consistent at proper spacing as I should be, a typical disappointment of mine. Anyway, til next time!

Good games Tipster and Twilt/Nabster for doubles.

Tipster, the neutral feels like a struggle against you regardless of the character you pick and I can't quite identify why. I always manage some ridiculous SD's (buffered buttons, misjudging distances, I have no idea what happened when I played Ike) but that's just the usual when we play. I always play you in a flustered headspace and am not nearly as consistent at proper spacing as I should be, a typical disappointment of mine. Anyway, til next time!

Good games Cronox! Sorry I had to cut it short, but work tomorrow and all.

Lots of good games, including some straight revenge two stockers by you. I felt like you were SDing more than normal tonight but on the flip side you broke my shield a ton more as well so maybe you were just feeling the bomb tonight? :p

Cronox

Banned
Good games Cronox! Sorry I had to cut it short, but work tomorrow and all.

Lots of good games, including some straight revenge two stockers by you. I felt like you were SDing more than normal tonight but on the flip side you broke my shield a ton more as well so maybe you were just feeling the bomb tonight? :p

I did throw more bombs than usual, probably the doubles play rubbing off on me. I'm still salty about you getting out of the shield break due to the wind on Dream Land. Also learned that Bowser's dair doesn't hit through the platforms there :(

Laughlin

I finally got a Wii U pretty much specifically for this game so I'd love to play with some GAFers! I'll post my ID once I get everything set up.

JulianImp

So next Sunday's the local tourney in my area. I guess I'll have to hop back into the game this weekend to practice a bit to wipe the dust off of my controller.

Also while I plan to take my WiiU pro controller with me, should I also bring a GCN as well? I don't even have a GCN adapter though, so I might have some trouble getting used again to a controller that is quite different from what I've been using ever since I started playing Sm4sh.

I'll have to make sure to charge it up before the day of the event, since it'd suck if I had to switch controllers and it would be even worse if it dies on me while playing.

Nabster92

So next Sunday's the local tourney in my area. I guess I'll have to hop back into the game this weekend to practice a bit to wipe the dust off of my controller.

Also while I plan to take my WiiU pro controller with me, should I also bring a GCN as well? I don't even have a GCN adapter though, so I might have some trouble getting used again to a controller that is quite different from what I've been using ever since I started playing Sm4sh.

I'll have to make sure to charge it up before the day of the event, since it'd suck if I had to switch controllers and it would be even worse if it dies on me while playing.

Might be a good idea to bring the GCN controller if you're not sure if the place bans pro controllers. Also if you do use the pro controller, just make sure you don't cause hold ups by putting your pro controller in your bag or something after a set and having buttons get pressed inside turning it on again and preventing the next people on the setup from removing you and actually using the setup until they find you to remove yourself.

That's probably the bigger reason why pro controllers get banned over any possible wireless interference issues. When people make TO's have to call out people to desync their wireless controllers enough times, they will inevitably get banned.

Boney

Banned

It's gonna be a nightmare to adapt to the cg controller. It's gonna take a few hours at least. But take it anyway.

Might be a good idea to bring the GCN controller if you're not sure if the place bans pro controllers. Also if you do use the pro controller, just make sure you don't cause hold ups by putting your pro controller in your bag or something after a set and having buttons get pressed inside turning it on again and preventing the next people on the setup from removing you and actually using the setup until they find you to remove yourself.

That's probably the bigger reason why pro controllers get banned over any possible wireless interference issues. When people make TO's have to call out people to desync their wireless controllers enough times, they will inevitably get banned.
I don't understand why they don't just press b in these instances and go back to the menu

JulianImp

I can practice with you Julian

Alright, I guess I'll be up for a couple matches once I get back fom work in about two hours.

I've never actually desynched my controller before... how should I do it if they happen to allow me to use it?

It's gonna be a nightmare to adapt to the cg controller. It's gonna take a few hours at least. But take it anyway.

Yeah, that's what I'm fearing. I actually like the pro controller more than the GCN now that the analog shoulder buttons don't even matter, and I don't think I'd be able to adapt fast enough if they forced me to play with a gamecube pad instead.

Definitely; seems pretty cool so far. I'll probably main Pikachu like the dork that I am if Scizor or Greninja aren't in haha.

Scizor better be in. Makes no sense for him to not be in the arcade version, but it would make less sense for him to not be in the console version. Luray would also be nice.

Anyone want to play?

Ok, I sent a request to that NNID. I made a room. Your Mii looks familiar, so I may have deleted it when I cleared out half my friends list not too long ago.

Kamikaze, I'll have to go, ordered some food and they delivered all wrong! =S Have to sort this out!! Thanks for the games!!

Edit: Sorry Man was having fun!

Laughlin

I think I'll play around with some prepatch characters before I connect my Wii U to the Internet. Looking forward to some original Diddy lol

You missed a couple top tiers though :p

Yeah that feels so bad!! I can only play fox I guess! trying to make the switch for sheik as she's a bit closer to fox!! But she totally doesn't feel top tier, so damn hard to get a kill!

I had a stick for Wii, but one of the internal pieces died so I replaced all of the parts and added a USB board, so it's not Wii compatible anymore. Don't know what Pokken will ideally be played with either.

The internet might be getting fixed. Maybe the provider didn't give a damn because barely anyone was living here, and now that people have moved in they can't really get away with that anymore. Who knows. Maybe it will just come right back.

GG's gucci. You'll need to learn when you can safely approach and attack an enemy. Right now a lot of your stuff is very predictable and unsafe. And once you start getting backed into the corner you end up doing the same stuff which becomes very easy to punish.

Try to find ways to bait the enemy into screwing up or giving an opening, like with a lot more non-smash moves.

Cronox

Banned
Eh. I don't think I want to buy a fight stick for the Wii U.

Yeah, one of those is enough for me. Bought a SFIV branded 360 one a while back, which is to say I'll only play fighting games on PC now. Not spending another $150+ for a second one.

Edit: Looked at Pokken, this doesn't strike me as the kind of game suited to an arcade stick anyway. Looks kind of like the DBZ games, with less room to move.

Top Bottom