• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

jnWake

Layton? Would certainly be interesting. I can imagine him more as an assist trophy though. If they're going for more obscure 3rd party characters then Phoenix Wright should be the one.

goldenpp72

For Glory is full of scrubs and it's never going to change. Smash Bros. is like, the one fighting game that noticeably penalizes you for spamming moves and people still kvetch. There's also no way to respond back, so players who are bad think they got away with the last word when they leave after getting salty. What're you going to do

Does anyone here still play this game though?

I do, wanna play? :p

Layton? Would certainly be interesting. I can imagine him more as an assist trophy though. If they're going for more obscure 3rd party characters then Phoenix Wright should be the one.

I think we've got enough Capcom characters.

Besides, PW fans did enough getting him into his first non-Nintendo game with UMvC3.

Nabster92

It was pretty sick seeing him MacGyver that up in a puzzle's worth of time, if Layton was in Smash I'd like to imagine him being a replacement Snake with more fencing and less CQC.

He'd throw explosive puzzles at you and set up hint coin land mines lol. Oh, and when you win a match with him instead of Smash coins you'd get picarats. Fun stuff.

I'd rather have Lip though and give Puzzle League/Panel de Pon some love.

Edit: Nabster or anybody with a competent Rosaluma please hit me up so we can smash some time, I'd like to get that matchup down so I'm not bodied by local Lumalina players around here. Nearly lost to one in a weekly recently who in all other aspects was a weaker player than I simply because I forgot how much Luma can do to bail out Rosa. >.<;;;

I'm around now if you happen to be.

Nabster92

Yea not sure what that was. Maybe my wife's computer started downloading updates and stuff or something since she just upgraded to windows 10.

SoldnerKei

can't have a moment of peace, stuff comes up out of nowhere, no smash for the moment :c

edit: perhaps it lagged because I jumped in? maybe :v nevertheless, gotta do stuff, have fun

Alright GGs Nabster, thanks for the matches.

Luma can act while you're helpless, Luma can act while you're in hitstun, Luma can act like a real piece of shit because oh my goodness there should only be so much that piece of stardust can do before it begins to annoy me. :T

Other than that though, thanks for staying Rosa. I'm sure it must've got boring for you to beat on me that whole time, but I really do appreciate it. While I don't think I've gotten any closer to getting past that skill wall that lets me fight Rosa, let alone fight you, I feel less rusty in the matchup in general which is great. :)

The only problem is Doc's recovery is so horrible I only attempt up-B when I can't even make it in the hope that the stage's magnetic ledges might grant me pity and decide "yeah sure we'll let you come back" and wonder why they actually nerfed his recovery from Melee.

Why. Why would they do that. Doc's recovery is the complete incarnation of despair, so much that even you SD'd because of how horribly pitiful it is, almost as if despair had taken over you for a few seconds so you'd understand what it's like to barely miss the ledge and say only "well at least I gave it a shot" in deep resignation. As Rosalina plummets to the bottom blast zone, I can only think "
we take those.
"

I know no one here likely would've been able to tech that, but I am sure someone like ZeRo or Nairo would have at least pressed the button, even if they didn't get the timing right. I just wanted to say that, though.

Good games.

Nabster92

Alright GGs Nabster, thanks for the matches.

Luma can act while you're helpless, Luma can act while you're in hitstun, Luma can act like a real piece of shit because oh my goodness there should only be so much that piece of stardust can do before it begins to annoy me. :T

Other than that though, thanks for staying Rosa. I'm sure it must've got boring for you to beat on me that whole time, but I really do appreciate it. While I don't think I've gotten any closer to getting past that skill wall that lets me fight Rosa, let alone fight you, I feel less rusty in the matchup in general which is great. :)

The only problem is Doc's recovery is so horrible I only attempt up-B when I can't even make it in the hope that the stage's magnetic ledges might grant me pity and decide "yeah sure we'll let you come back" and wonder why they actually nerfed his recovery from Melee.

Why. Why would they do that. Doc's recovery is the complete incarnation of despair, so much that even you SD'd because of how horribly pitiful it is, almost as if despair had taken over you for a few seconds so you'd understand what it's like to barely miss the ledge and say only "well at least I gave it a shot" in deep resignation. As Rosalina plummets to the bottom blast zone, I can only think "
we take those.
"

GG's CRQ and Shamrock earlier. I wasn't totally beating on you every game. There were a lot of close ones and you took some with Doc too. That damn freeze from the up B messes with my tech timing every time. And yea I think I SD pretty much without fail any time I fall out of a tornado off stage from Doc or Luigi. I never realize it happens quickly enough to figure out which direction I'm facing and go the wrong way.

What did you guys think about me playing with Luma detethered a bit more often?

GG's CRQ and Shamrock earlier. I wasn't totally beating on you every game. There were a lot of close ones and you took some with Doc too. That damn freeze from the up B messes with my tech timing every time. And yea I think I SD pretty much without fail any time I fall out of a tornado off stage from Doc or Luigi. I never realize it happens quickly enough to figure out which direction I'm facing and go the wrong way.

What did you guys think about me playing with Luma detethered a bit more often?

Sure there were close ones, but it worries me when I do better with Doc than with my high tiers you know? Makes me wonder what I need to focus on to progress competitively. :( Rosalina is my biggest barrier followed by Falcon for some reason, so I need to find a way to tear them down or at least minimize their threat against me.

Up B tho <3

You mean when Luma just spins in place endlessly? I always thought you were doing it to show off or setup for something that never came because most of the time I just ignored it lol. Those moments where you somehow kept Luma from falling to her death even below the stage though, ugh, that's like giving Nana a moonjump. >.<;;;

Why does Doc attack with lightning?

It's his "Defibrillator" Smash attack. He gives his opponent minor cardiac problems by charging an invisible defibrillator powered by Doc's pure strength.

Nabster92

Sure there were close ones, but it worries me when I do better with Doc than with my high tiers you know? Makes me wonder what I need to focus on to progress competitively. :( Rosalina is my biggest barrier followed by Falcon for some reason, so I need to find a way to tear them down or at least minimize their threat against me.

Up B tho <3

You mean when Luma just spins in place endlessly? I always thought you were doing it to show off or setup for something that never came because most of the time I just ignored it lol. Those moments where you somehow kept Luma from falling to her death even below the stage though, ugh, that's like giving Nana a moonjump. >.<;;;

No not the spin jab. Just playing detached in general.

Cronox

Banned
It's his "Defibrillator" Smash attack. He gives his opponent minor cardiac problems by charging an invisible defibrillator powered by Doc's pure strength.

Actually, Doctor Mario is empowered with cosmic hospital powers, packing the energy of an entire hospital under his skinsuit/meatbag exterior. During his fsmash the combined electricity of a hospital is channeled through his hand. #canon
not really

To be fair, the upsmash hitboxes for Lucy are kind of crazy as well, hitting surprisingly far out to the sides (catching people with the extremes of it just to get their reaction is something I like to do :D ), though mewtwo's tail seems to really be a liability in this situation :p

Top Bottom