• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Highwind

Anybody around?

tumblr_n7zzpd30aZ1qzdfwko1_400.gif

Boney

Banned
No, sorry, I had to quit because it took my Wii U pad instead of my GC controller.
Ah ok, was dreading the connection

And lmao at that bouncing ball

And im not sure if it's the cg controller being old (got the white Wii one when brawl launched) or if I'm just too used to the pro controller. Keep flubbing up b oos and I can't pivot well. And god the L button is so stiff it takes a while to block and hurts my finger

I should be doing a montage of the most embarrassing deaths.

FluxWaveZ

Sorry, went AFK at the end of that last one.

I should be doing a montage of the most embarrassing deaths.

Haha, the one that happened just now on Skyloft was probably the worst of them.

Edit: GGs. Glad with where my WFT is at, but I wasn't doing too well with Sheik. Might have to just focus on the former.

JulianImp

I started a tourney game, and in the first round I got to KO a Mewtwo fairly fast, and then he SDed really fast so I'm stuck waiting for the next round...

Edit: Yet again, I ended up winning too fast so I'm stuck waiting for the others to finish their games. Played a really crappy DK that somehow beat a Mario player last round.

Played today, and had a good deal of fun. Got called all the usual names like "spammer" and "coward", yet the highlight was a guy that Ganoncided with 1 stock left while I had 2, and changed his tag to "worth it" - lol. Someone has to tell that guy what the goal of the game is.

I also has the most epic kill in all of Mewtwo history. Threw a Shadow Ball against a Robin player, and Robin shielded. The shield was at maybe 80% strength. Just the feet and the tip of the head exposed. But, I threw Shadow Ball at the perfect height for it to wobble right onto the tip of his head from above, KOing through the shield. Then I forgot to save the replay. ;_;

Really not enjoying Bowser at all anymore. He feels so limited. Jigglypuff is still enjoyable, but I mostly felt like playing Mewtwo today. I wish move decay didn't apply to projectiles, because in one match Shadow Ball got down to 15% at a full charge, and I was pretty sad. :(

Played today, and had a good deal of fun. Got called all the usual names like "spammer" and "coward", yet the highlight was a guy that Ganoncided with 1 stock left while I had 2, and changed his tag to "worth it" - lol. Someone has to tell that guy what the goal of the game is.

I also has the most epic kill in all of Mewtwo history. Threw a Shadow Ball against a Robin player, and Robin shielded. The shield was at maybe 80% strength. Just the feet and the tip of the head exposed. But, I threw Shadow Ball at the perfect height for it to wobble right onto the tip of his head from above, KOing through the shield. Then I forgot to save the replay. ;_;

Really not enjoying Bowser at all anymore. He feels so limited. Jigglypuff is still enjoyable, but I mostly felt like playing Mewtwo today. I wish move decay didn't apply to projectiles, because in one match Shadow Ball got down to 15% at a full charge, and I was pretty sad. :(

I still think you'd make a great Lucario or Lucas

I still think you'd make a great Lucario or Lucas
I actually really like Mewtwo's general playstyle, it just needs to...work. A few more adjustments to his frame data + fixed hitboxes and I would be happy with him. Lucas doesn't excite me. I need the passion above all else. I like all the mindgames Mewtwo has to play in the neutral to keep Shadow Balls going.

I also imagine that Lucas vs. Fox is even more annoying than Mewtwo vs. Fox. Haha.

You know my issue with Lucario. :p And I am just tired of learning new characters. Got a baby coming in two weeks. No time for that. I'll just make do with what I have.

For some reason I find the 1v1 FG tourneys more entertaining even though it's way less fights. The opposition is better from the few tourney I played so that's probably why

I actually really like Mewtwo's general playstyle, it just needs to...work. A few more adjustments to his frame data + fixed hitboxes and I would be happy with him. Lucas doesn't excite me. I need the passion above all else. I like all the mindgames Mewtwo has to play in the neutral to keep Shadow Balls going.

I also imagine that Lucas vs. Fox is even more annoying than Mewtwo vs. Fox. Haha.

You know my issue with Lucario. :p And I am just tired of learning new characters. Got a baby coming in two weeks. No time for that. I'll just make do with what I have.

If you played Mother 3 you'd have the passion to play as Lucas =(

JulianImp

I played a FFA For Fun tourney where I lost to the generic custom Charizard player that spams Flare Blitz over and over.

Honestly, I don't understand why For Glory tournaments that allow customs allow equipment as well... I happened to play against a Yoshi that had some speed-up bonus upon reaching 100%, but I still beat him because he wasn't all that good.

I played a FFA For Fun tourney where I lost to the generic custom Charizard player that spams Flare Blitz over and over.

Honestly, I don't understand why For Glory tournaments that allow customs allow equipment as well... I happened to play against a Yoshi that had some speed-up bonus upon reaching 100%, but I still beat him because he wasn't all that good.

Because they allow custom characters and not custom moves, so you get the whole package. The first tourney I joined was a 1v1 FG custom, and I didn't know there was going to be equipment. I had to fight a Jigglypuff dealing like 20 damage from a throw. I still managed to win the entire thing, though. :)

Anyone know what is happening on this stream? http://www.twitch.tv/rushhoursmash Is this like a money match tournament with no rules between pro players?

Because they allow custom characters and not custom moves, so you get the whole package. The first tourney I joined was a 1v1 FG custom, and I didn't know there was going to be equipment. I had to fight a Jigglypuff dealing like 20 damage from a throw. I still managed to win the entire thing, though. :)

Anyone know what is happening on this stream? http://www.twitch.tv/rushhoursmash Is this like a money match tournament with no rules between pro players?

It looks like it.
Nakat doesn't know any items.

Now why can't we make tourneys like in regular tourney mode? so dumb

edit: lol nm everything is dumb. Just lost a tourney because the 3 minute timer ran out and even though I had an 80% lead I lost because of "most active player" ruling. lol. What a botched idea

So...in the Smash Roster Discussion thread, someone linked the Prof. Layton voice actor saying he did lines for the character in Smash:
https://twitter.com/LaytonSmash/status/635188962257190912

Anybody around?

Freakin luma
That situation is like...exactly what Luma should be there for. Not as a noob shield, not as a way to break her out of shield stun, not as a grab break, and not as a way to punish the recovery on a hit that only tags Rosalina. This is the one time you shouldn't complain about her. :p

Now why can't we make tourneys like in regular tourney mode? so dumb

edit: lol nm everything is dumb. Just lost a tourney because the 3 minute timer ran out and even though I had an 80% lead I lost because of "most active player" ruling. lol. What a botched idea
LOL.

I wonder if I can take the lead in tourney mode, and just jab jab jab thin air on the other side of the stage while camping and get most active

Boney

Banned
I can't even imagine how Layton would work

If you played Mother 3 you'd have the passion to play as Lucas =(
It's my fav game but I can't use the psi boys at all

That situation is like...exactly what Luma should be there for. Not as a noob shield, not as a way to break her out of shield stun, not as a grab break, and not as a way to punish the recovery on a hit that only tags Rosalina. This is the one time you shouldn't complain about her. :p

LOL.
I'm complaining because it gets to get that ko on top of all those things you mentioned about her. But really, just salty I got ko'd by an up air at 60% not close to the ceiling at all, luma's knockback is whack

goldenpp72

anyone wanna join in a match I got going with a friend and myself? We can do whatever, FFA, team, etc. Whatever rules you prefer, nnid is goldenpp72.

At long he have this weapon then I'm consent with his moveset! :p

tumblr_lk1lzr9CJz1qcmrfho1_500.jpg

It was pretty sick seeing him MacGyver that up in a puzzle's worth of time, if Layton was in Smash I'd like to imagine him being a replacement Snake with more fencing and less CQC.

He'd throw explosive puzzles at you and set up hint coin land mines lol. Oh, and when you win a match with him instead of Smash coins you'd get picarats. Fun stuff.

I'd rather have Lip though and give Puzzle League/Panel de Pon some love.

Edit: Nabster or anybody with a competent Rosaluma please hit me up so we can smash some time, I'd like to get that matchup down so I'm not bodied by local Lumalina players around here. Nearly lost to one in a weekly recently who in all other aspects was a weaker player than I simply because I forgot how much Luma can do to bail out Rosa. >.<;;;

If we are getting Snake, it will be before the year is done.

I wonder if I can take the lead in tourney mode, and just jab jab jab thin air on the other side of the stage while camping and get most active
Or play Jigglypuff and keep hopping from ledge side to ledge side.

Because they probably don't lend to your style of play. I specifically mentioned Lucas for Karst because I think he fits his overall play style.
He does. :p

Oidisco

I come back to For Glory and the 1st player calls me cheap amd tells me to fuck off just because I was able to beat his constant roll spamming. 2nd player I fight is a Roy and I win pretty easily, he then tells me that I should cut myself because apparently I suck.

What it wrong with these people

Cronox

Banned
anyone wanna join in a match I got going with a friend and myself? We can do whatever, FFA, team, etc. Whatever rules you prefer, nnid is goldenpp72.

Quoting this just so it isn't forgotten, though I can't play at the moment. Try this thread again sometime if it doesn't work out today, there's often someone around who wants to play.

I come back to For Glory and the 1st player calls me cheap amd tells me to fuck off just because I was able to beat his constant roll spamming. 2nd player I fight is a Roy and I win pretty easily, he then tells me that I should cut myself because apparently I suck.

What it wrong with these people

I specifically went into a match with someone who had the profile "FUCK-OFF" so I could report him in the results screen not long ago. Now I have a profile set up for after that: "Reported:)"

I really don't know what people get out of being so mean-spirited to strangers. I especially don't get the "REKT" and "YOUSUCK" profiles after they win on a last stock final hit situation. Like, you were one hit away from losing, so if I suck, what does that mean for you?

I plan on watching a "Let's Play" - I hear it's short but has aged terribly. I want that small bit of background for Mother 2.

It really has. It plays like a prototype of Mother 2. I am sure you know, but Mother 1 and 2 are not connected, story wise, in any way.

When you are ready to fully play Mother 2, let me know, and I will give you some tips without spoiling or helping so you can enjoy the game at its fullest.

For Glory is full of scrubs and it's never going to change. Smash Bros. is like, the one fighting game that noticeably penalizes you for spamming moves and people still kvetch. There's also no way to respond back, so players who are bad think they got away with the last word when they leave after getting salty. What're you going to do

Does anyone here still play this game though?

Top Bottom