• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Tipster, questions:
1) What is your control setup?
2) What is your set of finger motions to perfectly time your jumps into Metal Blade and Crash Bomber?
3) How do you handle characters with good reflectors, like Fox?

Edit: You know who is cool? Kat from PSABR. I wish Smash had someone like her.

Boney, I got to play against our best (and only) local Samus in bracket on stream. Its a really good set watch, especially GFs when you have some free time. He makes me think otherwise of the character. :p I love how the GFs last set ended. Never taking Samus to Duck Hunt again.
WFs
GFs

Cronox

Banned
Tested out the upload to Youtube feature last night, uploaded some sets of me beating people up on for glory. Nothing to learn, not meant for criticism, just the zen of for glory beatings. Though I guess the Shulk gave me a little trouble. I recommend the Roy one (though if you watch that you should skip to the 20 second mark).

JulianImp

Last one show is about to start

Okay then. Good games! I felt like your custom DHD was a bit too happy camping behind the gunners, which isn't that much of a good thing since they prolong my hitboxes and the key goes through them anyway. It looks like I'm still way off of the game, since I kept stuttering and messing up as I tried to approach your MM.

I'm so rusty right now... guess I'll have to play a lot more in preparation for next Sunday's tourney to get back into shape.

@thecoolFNF: Sure. Have we added each other already?

Okay then. Good games! I felt like your custom DHD was a bit too happy camping behind the gunners, which isn't that much of a good thing since they prolong my hitboxes and the key goes through them anyway. It looks like I'm still way off of the game, since I kept stuttering and messing up as I tried to approach your MM.

I'm so rusty right now... guess I'll have to play a lot more in preparation for next Sunday's tourney to get back into shape.

@thecoolFNF: Sure. Have we added each other already?

Hmm not sure. Is your NNID same as your username?
Edit: yea it looks like I got you added

JulianImp

Dem rage shoryus... da-yum!

Edit: What the heck was that weird dthrow gimp KO? I guess I should research it further since it seems like a very valid tactic in this stage... I also remember you hitting the ground immediately after a dthrow and teching in Dream Land...

JulianImp

Lol what the hell happened?

It looked like the dthrow forced Ryu into the ground and he ended up clipping into the lower lip of the platform, taking the knockback and bouncing against the bottom of the stage for a stage gimp KO... that was weird as hell.

Pac-Man's the king of ghosting... first his hydrants clipped through the stage (it still happened to me yesterday on WiiU Resort Omega), then his trampolines clipped opponents through the stage for weird KOs, and now it looks like his dthrow also clips opponents through the stage when done in specific places and stages (and it might be character-dependant as well)...

Edit: Okay, last game for me.

It looked like the dthrow forced Ryu into the ground and he ended up clipping into the lower lip of the platform, taking the knockback and bouncing against the bottom of the stage for a stage gimp KO... that was weird as hell.

Pac-Man's the king of ghosting... first his hydrants clipped through the stage (it still happened to me yesterday on WiiU Resort Omega), then his trampolines clipped opponents through the stage for weird KOs, and now it looks like his dthrow also clips opponents through the stage when done in specific places and stages (and it might be character-dependant as well)...

Edit: Okay, last game for me.

GGs Julian. solid pacman there

JulianImp

It's the first time I've ever played a Ryu who can consistently pull off weak tilts into shoryus, and I'm really surprised at how dangerous that combo can be even at relatively low percents; Pac having to rack up lots of damage before he gets kill options means that Ryu's combos get way more scary pretty quickly. A misread move that you punish with a FA means I'm practically dead if I get hit by it while above 60-70%.

Crazy fruits are still solid, but I can't argue with the KO power of regular fruits. The only reason I'd see myself running crazy fruits now would be against characters that always want to be on my face and wouldn't give me enough time to charge up otherwise, but then again I often charged up after knocking you offstage or while I was recovering.

Tipster, questions:
1) What is your control setup?
2) What is your set of finger motions to perfectly time your jumps into Metal Blade and Crash Bomber?
3) How do you handle characters with good reflectors, like Fox?

1) I use a GCN controller with default settings, and tap jump off. I'm not crazy about the post-Melee feel if the triggers though, so I've bought a pro controller but haven't acclimated to it yet. I almost exclusively use shield grabs for grabbing. I only use the z button for a planned out pivot grab or z dropping blades.

2) Thumb starts out on the X button and I quickly slide it to the B. Nothing special, really.

3) I lose, haha. Nah, my style changes up in that I use far less Metal blade and more lemons. My bread and butter of course being Metal blade into grab really doesn't help in these match ups, so it's more trying to force them into a punishable move or favorable placement. These match ups I consider my most difficult personally.

Thinking about getting into some Mega Man? I hope you find him as enjoyable to play as I do!

Nabster! I see you're for glorying right now, any interest in playing?

Edit: you signed off as I was writing this haha

Brqan

Naw its cool I need to work on my item grabs with chrizard.Fun games though your a really slippery player it was good practice.

1) I use a GCN controller with default settings, and tap jump off. I'm not crazy about the post-Melee feel if the triggers though, so I've bought a pro controller but haven't acclimated to it yet. I almost exclusively use shield grabs for grabbing. I only use the z button for a planned out pivot grab or z dropping blades.

2) Thumb starts out on the X button and I quickly slide it to the B. Nothing special, really.

3) I lose, haha. Nah, my style changes up in that I use far less Metal blade and more lemons. My bread and butter of course being Metal blade into grab really doesn't help in these match ups, so it's more trying to force them into a punishable move or favorable placement. These match ups I consider my most difficult personally.

Thinking about getting into some Mega Man? I hope you find him as enjoyable to play as I do!

Nabster! I see you're for glorying right now, any interest in playing?

Edit: you signed off as I was writing this haha
Thanks for all the info. I figure I might give him a shot. I loved using him in the demo. Why are lemons more effective against Fox?

Thanks!

Mega Man is the best character in the game and totally cool until you play against Captain Falcon and then you question every decision you've ever made.

The matchup doesn't even feel free when playing as Captain Falcon or anything, it's just so awkward as Mega Man.

Yeah, it had been a while since I've gone against your Mega Man.

Of course it had to go to 4-4 until the last match, heh. That was a close one; GGs.

Haha I guess I miscounted, since I thought we were done the one before. Good stuff though, you've been practicing WFT!

Thanks for all the info. I figure I might give him a shot. I loved using him in the demo. Why are lemons more effective against Fox?

Thanks!

They let you keep your spacing and when reflected you can cancel them with another as needed. Metal blade can bite you back too quickly depending and locks you in place a little longer.

Still looking TWILT?

FluxWaveZ

Haha I guess I miscounted, since I thought we were done the one before. Good stuff though, you've been practicing WFT!

Yeah, I was keeping track on paper, so I kind of left myself the freedom to test some stuff out in previous matches. It was 4-2, until you caught up to 4-4 leading to the FD match. A lot of them were really close; figuring out when to charge up Sun Salutation is necessary since it swallows anything Mega Man throws out.

Yeah, I guess she's my main now or something. I dunno. She's fun to play, so I guess I she became my second most played character because of that.

Yeah, I was keeping track on paper, so I kind of left myself the freedom to test some stuff out in previous matches. It was 4-2, until you caught up to 4-4 leading to the FD match. A lot of them were really close; figuring out when to charge up Sun Salutation is necessary since it swallows anything Mega Man throws out.

Yeah, I guess she's my main now or something. I dunno. She's fun to play, so I guess I she became my second most played character because of that.

Nice! I look forward to playing more! Any reason you switched from Sonic?

FluxWaveZ

Nice! I look forward to playing more! Any reason you switched from Sonic?

Not particularly. When I started playing the game, the first two I chose were Sonic and WFT: I used to play the former in Brawl, while the latter was the character I was the most fascinated by since they were announced at E3. I took to playing random at some point, but I always stuck to playing those two, and at some point I realized I had a lot of fun playing as WFT and, since aesthetic is a huge thing for me when it comes to who I play, I loved the idea of becoming good with WFT.

IIRC, Flux still plays Sonic when he needs to win, but finds him boring otherwise.

Nah, both of those are wrong. Right now, my WFT is better than my Sonic. I feel way more confident playing as her than I ever did with Sonic, actually. But I never found playing as Sonic boring.

Top Bottom