• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

JulianImp

Good samus =/= no idea what to do haha

The thing is that playing a character you don't know how to fight against is always confusing, mostly because you can't tell what your opponent might be able to do with it. Does it have fast aerials? How punishable are its moves? How's its ground/aerial mobility? Is the character easy or hard to catch when trying to land? How safe is it to go offstage to chase after it? Even if you've got your basics down, playing against a good player with a character you don't have much experience with can be really tough.

Boney

Banned
The thing is that playing a character you don't know how to fight against is always confusing, mostly because you can't tell what your opponent might be able to do with it. Does it have fast aerials? How punishable are its moves? How's its ground/aerial mobility? Is the character easy or hard to catch when trying to land? How safe is it to go offstage to chase after it? Even if you've got your basics down, playing against a good player with a character you don't have much experience with can be really tough.
Oidisco actually uses samus a bit

Oidisco

Back now, yea I'll try hosting the room.

And yea I know Samus pretty well, but this player was on a whole different level from every other Samus I've seen. Great spacing and very good use of Zair, landing up-air and charge beam. Her reads were on point as well. Also i was using Zelda, so it was probably more difficult than it normally would've been

Oidisco

I think this happened last time too. Connection started off ok and then the longer we played it just got worse and worse. Oh well

Good games dude. Your Ryu scares the crap out of me!

I think this happened last time too. Connection started off ok and then the longer we played it just got worse and worse. Oh well

Good games dude. Your Ryu scares the crap out of me!
Haha thanks! As does your Zelda. Learned a bunch about the matchup thanks to you!

Oidisco

Haha thanks! As does your Zelda. Learned a bunch about the matchup thanks to you!

I'm still not really sure what to do against Ryu. I kept waiting for you to do something unsafe, but I have so little experience with Ryu that I don't really know what those unsafe things are. There were a lot of moments where I thought you threw out a move that was super punishable buuuut nope!

Doesn't help that the only DLC character I bought was Roy, so I can't even test these things out with Ryu for myself!

I'm still not really sure what to do against Ryu. I kept waiting for you to do something unsafe, but I have so little experience with Ryu that I don't really know what those unsafe things are. There were a lot of moments where I thought you threw out a move that was super punishable buuuut nope!

Doesn't help that the only DLC character I bought was Roy, so I can't even test these things out with Ryu for myself!

Pretty much all of Ryu's moves are punishable.

If you're playing a high tier character. You are playing a high tier character, aren't you?

alrighty, ggs

I didn't literally mean that, I mean I'm just not feeling up to playing anyone other than like, Mario. We can still play.

Anyone wanna 2v2?

Apparently I was on stream at a tournament I'm at right now. Bad signal so I can't say a lot, I think epeengaming is the name.

Yeah man! They do Smash 4 every other week. I've only made it out once and I've been hear for a while haha. I think the big monthly is this weekend too, but I might be mixing my dates up. There's a big Facebook group for Smash 4 out here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/824606527611160/

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Ness's backthrow isn't a throw, it's a command grab Final Smash.

Well...

zKvp04h.jpg

Top Bottom