• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

SoldnerKei

Ganondork is weak. Ryu is strong.

Don't know why it's lagging, though.

yeah, it was somewhat playable the first match but this is no good :c

other time maybe, thanks for the games Snacks

edit: seems like it was because of a friend that tried to join, oh welp lol, gotta play your Ryu sometime later, need some match-up experience against him

Good games, Tipster. That went on for a bit longer than I was planning. Glad I have Falco to also handle Mega Man, even though he got steamrolled some games.

yeah, it was somewhat playable the first match but this is no good :c

other time maybe, thanks for the games Snacks

edit: seems like it was because of a friend that tried to join, oh welp lol, gotta play your Ryu sometime later, need some match-up experience against him

I can try again if it's working now, but you're probably busy.

Good games, Tipster. That went on for a bit longer than I was planning. Glad I have Falco to also handle Mega Man, even though he got steamrolled some games.

Good games Nami! Falco's one of my least favorite match ups to play, but I was starting to get a better feel for your style in the later games.

Thanks for sticking around to play, particularly the Mega vs Yoshi fights were pretty intense!

Cronox

Banned

I've been pretty happy against FG Ness since reading the DI guide on Smashboards. Ness' dthrow animation lasts long enough for me to remember to DI up and in, and most Ness players have no idea what to do if they can't chain 3 fairs on you after the throw. Now I have to incorporate DI'ing down and away against Falcon's dthrow. Usually I would just DI away, but the "down" part is important too...

RomanceDawn

I haven't been playing for a while but is there any reason why my online connection would be worse? I'm mostly warming back up with for glory but it seems like I can barely get any lagless matches before 9pm.

Anyone with a wired connection want to play to see if its me? RomanceDawn.

Edit: new baby is crying never mind.

Beats

Don't think it was posted here already, but Tourney Locator has been posting a few videos regarding some option selects in the game. This one in particular abuses the generous input buffer and hit lag of a move: https://youtu.be/QqnAIOyhTu4?t=28

The video explains it pretty well and shows some examples. One of them with Link has them doing short hop back-air > land > up-b or forward dash. If the back-air connects then Link will combo into Up-B after landing, but if it whiffs then he'll just forward dash.

Top Bottom