• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Beats

I like playing Jigglypuff, but I dunno. Pound isn't safe on shield and Rest not always being a star ko if it kills is pretty lame.

For the second time, I was teamed up on by 3 other players in a for fun free for all smash. I blocked them all, but I thought "with anyone" matches were supposed to be random players. Is that not the case, or are online players just assholes?

Boney

Banned
Seems like Robin is pretty good now. Her Levin Sword packs such a heavy punch now makes her a lot scarier. Arcfire works a lot better on shield now as well so it's a useful option. Was pretty negative about her a few months ago, but I'd put her at mid tier now easily. A little less cool down on her grab whiff and on arcfire and she'd be golden.

That up air of her. Yikes

I don't know what it is, but I'm having so much fun playing Samus since the patch.
She's gotten some nice quality of life buffs. Nair is pretty good now and fair having less landing lag is super appreciated.

Samus whole shtick is that she can attack shield very good and all her normals do a lot of damage so they got a lot safer on shield. It's pretty cool.

Boney

Banned
Robin has some problems, but with her KO options and seeing Nairo play her (excluding Big House), you really wouldn't know it.
Right, I don't think she's high tier because -surprise - quick character run circles around her.

Quick question, do you need to mash out of nosferatu? Got hit by it with her at 140 and recovered to 110. Was nuts.

Beats

Right, I don't think she's high tier because -surprise - quick character run circles around her.

Quick question, do you need to mash out of nosferatu? Got hit by it with her at 140 and recovered to 110. Was nuts.

I don't think you can mash out. It heals more depending on how high Robin's percentage is compared to the opponent iirc.

FluxWaveZ

Room's up then!

Ugh, didn't know there had been another update recently. It's going quickly, though, so I should be there in ~2 more minutes.

Edit: GGs. Pikachu really is a lot of trouble for WFT. Gotta figure that MU up. A lot of her attacks miss him and he's way faster than her.

Beats

hmm, if Jigglypuff's dair had no landing lag you could get another rest setup off that move if you drag the opponent down and miss the last hit. You can kinda still do it, but you have to wait a small moment when landing. probably wouldn't work on a good player though.

Crayolan

hmm, if Jigglypuff's dair had no landing lag you could get another rest setup off that move if you drag the opponent down and miss the last hit. You can kinda still do it, but you have to wait a small moment when landing. probably wouldn't work on a good player though.

It's possible to get a guaranteed rest off dair if you use it before you hit the peak of your jump, start the dair while moving away and end it while moving towards your opponent then jump into them and rest immediately.

Possible being the key word. It's extremely specific and I've never actually had it happen in a real match.

Cronox

Banned
I'm always surprised how shit my gameplay becomes when I take even a small break from the game. Gone for a week and I come back playing like garbage. Maybe I'll need to get someone here to get me back in the groove again.

Vena

We had a pretty great night with 1.1.2 Sm4sh at the weekly.

Even some Melee upstarts(!) decided to try and play, and get their asses kicked. The game definitely has a new feel to it and our matches have generally sped up by a significant degree as rolling and shielding in general have gone into much heavier punish territory.

Good times.

Really enjoying post-patch Charizard and Ike, though, personally.

backlot

We had a pretty great night with 1.1.2 Sm4sh at the weekly.

Even some Melee upstarts(!) decided to try and play, and get their asses kicked. The game definitely has a new feel to it and our matches have generally sped up by a significant degree as rolling and shielding in general have gone into much heavier punish territory.

Good times.

Really enjoying post-patch Charizard and Ike, though, personally.

Does Charizard benefit from the shield changes? I haven't played him very much since the patch but he has been one of my favorites since his throw buffs.

Boney

Banned
Charizard's shield game got way worse and he's not the best at spacing attacks. Relatively I think he might be worse off, even if ftilt, dtilt and jab are safer.

Iirc, his dtilt got his hitlag/hitstun modifier changed so it's much safer compared to the previous version.

Vena

Charizard's shield game got way worse and he's not the best at spacing attacks. Relatively I think he might be worse off, even if ftilt, dtilt and jab are safer.

Iirc, his dtilt got his hitlag/hitstun modifier changed so it's much safer compared to the previous version.

Does Charizard benefit from the shield changes? I haven't played him very much since the patch but he has been one of my favorites since his throw buffs.

I've found spacing his nairs into dtilts to have become a solid pressure move, and his ftilt is very fast and mostly lagless (enough so that it can benefit from the stun). You can't go charging shields with fair, but his nair to jab to dtilt or nair to dtilt or nair to nair to nair to..., all were behaving much more safe than usual.

Normally he'd get punished hard out of shield on anything but the most exquisitely spaced moves, I found that I wasn't having that problem this week.

Wow...I don't even...

A sweetspotted teleport with Zelda at 136% can kill a 26% fox close to midstage...like mid between middle and edge.

Didn't realize how fragile fox is.

Wow...I don't even...

A sweetspotted teleport with Zelda at 136% can kill a 26% fox close to midstage...like mid between middle and edge.

Didn't realize how fragile fox is.

Sounds like bad DI.

I've been playing the 3DS version lately as I spend a lot of time on the bus and at university, and the controls are worse than ever. I lose to shitty people online because a Yoshi isn't doing anything I want him to do.

Ricky 7

The new update made Charizard better, Charizard is good at spacing so his attacks became a lot safer.

Dr. Buni

Sounds like bad DI.

I've been playing the 3DS version lately as I spend a lot of time on the bus and at university, and the controls are worse than ever. I lose to shitty people online because a Yoshi isn't doing anything I want him to do.
The controls on the 3DS are pretty good, though. Blaming mistakes on the controls never gets old.

A couple friends gave us a GCube adapter as a housewarming gift, so now me and my roommates can finally play Smash on the regular. I'm also getting a ton of Peach practice because she's infuriating to fight as Villager.

The controls on the 3DS are pretty good, though. Blaming mistakes on the controls never gets old.

Yeah, cause me not being able to do anywhere near the same stuff as I do on the Wii U is me just lying and not actually the 3DS. Sorry for lying to you guys.

Anyone want to play?

Boney

Banned
The new update made Charizard better, Charizard is good at spacing so his attacks became a lot safer.
Yeah, I meant aerials which you're also spacing but not getting anything out of them.
Haven't used zard much so just theory crafting and upon saying it it sounds dumb. Shame his smashes don't do much % to take advantage of the hitstun.

Yeah, cause me not being able to do anywhere near the same stuff as I do on the Wii U is me just lying and not actually the 3DS. Sorry for lying to you guys.

Anyone want to play?
Are you around?

Wonder if we can get doubles going on tonight. I love me some doubles

Vena

Yeah, I meant aerials which you're also spacing but not getting anything out of them.
Haven't used zard much so just theory crafting and upon saying it it sounds dumb. Shame his smashes don't do much % to take advantage of the hitstun.

I don't think I use any of his smashes except his d-smash. Which seems be fairly safe on a spaced shield due to the kb.

Are you around?

Wonder if we can get doubles going on tonight. I love me some doubles

I played FG quite a bit, so I am likely done for the night. I am also playing terribly today. I might be willing to play doubles though.

Might as well just use Fox.
Fox isn't a dinosaur though.
1. Doesn't throw eggs, 2. Doesn't hit things with his nose, 3. Doesn't jump higher by flailing his legs, 4. Doesn't even have a game coming out in 2015, 5. I'm already the best Fox.

4 out of 5 of these things are true.

RIP Star Fox Zero 2015 ;__;

Edit: I've registered for the big Chicago monthly for the first time, and also for the first time I've altered my tag so it will say "GAF | Wish" so I can shout out to you guys. :3 I really appreciate all of you for helping me grow! <3

Top Bottom