• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Boney

Banned
Fox isn't a dinosaur though.

4 out of 5 of these things are true.

RIP Star Fox Zero 2015 ;__;

Edit: I've registered for the big Chicago monthly for the first time, and also for the first time I've altered my tag so it will say "GAF | Wish" so I can shout out to you guys. :3 I really appreciate all of you for helping me grow! <3
Don't choke this time!

Namikaze you played really well. I was so underwhelmed at some moments that I started to play a little bad, sorry :p .

But anyway cool matches and your Yoshi is cool !

Namikaze you played really well. I was so underwhelmed at some moments that I started to play a little bad, sorry :p .

But anyway cool matches and your Yoshi is cool !

Thanks and ggs. I was playing really poorly at the start, and it took a while for me to get adjusted to your Ike. Your Ike is pretty good, but your main method of approaching was a fair, so it became obvious after a while.

TWILT is here pretty often at night, and you are here throughout the day usually, Flux. But there aren't many others that request to play very often anymore.

Poltergust, I have a question for you. When you do an utilt combo with Yoshi, do you go utilt -> utilt -> uair -> uair, or do you prefer to end with a nair? I have been using nair lately, and it seems to gives some potential follow-ups.

Snacks internet died for out sins.

Also ugh fair to nair... Again

It is actually nair to fair.

Think of it like Fox's nair or dair to usmash.

Good games, Boney. It seems like me using utilt and SHAD today was effective, not just against you but also against Blackquill and FG.

Boney

Banned
It is actually nair to fair.

Think of it like Fox's nair or dair to usmash.
No I mean when you're off stage and since fair has so little cool down and nair so little start up you always get me trying to punish your whiffed fair with a nair into a stage spike. Sucks ballssssss.

Yoshi's air speed is so obnoxious. I think I'm safe but forget how fast he can cover ground. Was super lazy with my shots today so serves me right, gg's

Yeah, up tilt is great for yoshi, surprisingly large range and puts me just where I don't want to be so it's easy damage. SHAD is good for dodging and weaving forward and with your air speed yikes. Didn't notice it that much though.

No I mean when you're off stage and since fair has so little cool down and nair so little start up you always get me trying to punish your whiffed fair with a nair into a stage spike. Sucks ballssssss.

Yoshi's air speed is so obnoxious. I think I'm safe but forget how fast he can cover ground. Was super lazy with my shots today so serves me right, gg's

Oh, I thought you meant the nair near ledge to a fair spike. Fair has long start up but low cool down, so I can go for a nair or uair if you air dodge right near me.

I used SHAD a decent amount to dodge your missile and punish with a nair.

Jawmuncher

Would Shadow Moses work on 3DS? The biggest issue I can think of is the light on the level and the metal gears that pop out. Then again, Sonic has two different levels so who knows. Any sort of rules have been getting broke left and right.

Ricky 7

Yeah, I meant aerials which you're also spacing but not getting anything out of them.
Haven't used zard much so just theory crafting and upon saying it it sounds dumb. Shame his smashes don't do much % to take advantage of the hitstun.

Wonder if we can get doubles going on tonight. I love me some doubles
His retreating F-Air is safe on shield now, not sure about a well spaced sweet spot N-air. Haven't had enough time to practice yet.

I stopped requesting matches here as often because I rarely get a response now :(

I would play you but I don't have access to the Wii U until December :(. I'm at Uni atm so only have access to the 3DS version. Come to think of it I haven't actually played you in more than a year, last time I played you was October 2014 before the Wii U vesrion came out lol.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Would Shadow Moses work on 3DS? The biggest issue I can think of is the light on the level and the metal gears that pop out. Then again, Sonic has two different levels so who knows. Any sort of rules have been getting broke left and right.

Shadow Moses' codec might be removed, like Corneria's conversations did. I don't think Metal Gears pop out and lights shouldn't be that bad because it's almost like WarioWare stage.

This is my best misinput ever

yAE3xW.gif

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving...to uh...Namikaze and Twilt, and any other Canadians I forgot here.

I'm a bit sad that I don't get to play so much anymore. I've been working 2 full time jobs and I'll be doing so until the end of October, but after that I've got a 3 week trip to Japan. I want to try playing some Japanese Smashers, but I have no idea how to go about it.

Anyway, I'll be asking for some games later.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving...to uh...Namikaze and Twilt, and any other Canadians I forgot here.

I'm a bit sad that I don't get to play so much anymore. I've been working 2 full time jobs and I'll be doing so until the end of October, but after that I've got a 3 week trip to Japan. I want to try playing some Japanese Smashers, but I have no idea how to go about it.

Thanks, and back to you!

3 weeks in Japan sounds like fun. The tournaments are free over there, so you can look some up before you go and try and find some you can attend.

TWILT

Banned

Thanks dude and you too! I'm just gonna chillax at home haha.

Hope you have fun in Japan! I always want to go myself, but time and money is always an issue lol.

Thanks, and back to you!

3 weeks in Japan sounds like fun. The tournaments are free over there, so you can look some up before you go and try and find some you can attend.

Sweet, thanks! Do you remember the name of the group who runs these events? There's one YouTube account that always gets linked here, but I can't remember.

Thanks dude and you too! I'm just gonna chillax at home haha.

Hope you have fun in Japan! I always want to go myself, but time and money is always an issue lol.

Thanks! You gotta go, dude! Go while you're still young!

Anyway, anyone want to play?

Top Bottom