• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Does anyone here honestly believe Doc is low-tier, even before Nairo vs. Esam @ MLG?

Doc, who has the same frame data as Mario for every attack they share?

Doc, whose up-B can kill, comes out on frame 3, has a massive hitbox and is one of the best out-of-shield options in the game?

Doc, whose up-B travels less distance than Mario and therefore he's complete and total garbage?

Please, someone give me an argument beyond "lol mac-tier recovery."

Thanks for the run down on the actual formula karst. I simplified on my mind earlier so high % more shield stun and low % not much change.

With doc? Yes

Sadly.. Yes
Glad to help! Also, I don't know if people have solidified what happened with shields. Remember when you said they were 50HP before? Well, Smashboards seems to think shields have ALWAYS been 40HP, but everyone assumed they were 50HP. Instead, shield damage on all moves was increased in 1.1.1.

Does anyone here honestly believe Doc is low-tier, even before Nairo vs. Esam @ MLG?

Doc, whose up-B can kill, comes out on frame 3, has a massive hitbox and is one of the best out-of-shield options in the game?

Doc, whose up-B travels less distance than Mario and therefore he's complete and total garbage?

I wouldn't even put Doc's up B in the top 10 OoS moves in the game.

Is it just me, or are Doc's pills worse than Mario's fireballs? They bounce way too high.

I don't have an opinion on his tier placement. I hardly ever play against him.

I do think that people have a tendency to rate any character that perceived as a weaker clone as total garbage, though.

Boney

Banned
Yeah about shields I caught that in smashboards as Zap mentioned it. Seems like it always was 42 hp, however nobody knows what different that's causing them to break easier than before.

Fuck Sakurai for hiding everything from players though

I don't think he's low tier but there's two things that distinguish them. Air mobility and knockback. And both of those hurt his combo game which is the established meta. Air mobility then hurts his recovery significantly but the knockback makes up for it with kill power. He's worse than Mario but has the tools to be more effective than him basically but you need to be a me to outplay your opponent and don't get yourself off stage constantly. If you're a better player doc will give better rewards but if you're not, well you're gonna be at a bigger disadvantage.

I wouldn't even put Doc's up B in the top 10 OoS moves in the game.

Is it just me, or are Doc's pills worse than Mario's fireballs? They bounce way too high.

I don't have an opinion on his tier placement. I hardly ever play against him.

I do think that people have a tendency to rate any character that perceived as a weaker clone as total garbage, though.

Regarding the first point, what makes you say that? I think it's pretty good given its properties.

Doc's pills bounce a bit higher and only last for two bounces versus Mario's three. They've got different utilities, but Doc definitely can't go Luigi on people. :(

At least everyone thinks Marth and Lucina are equally bad :^) [this is a joke don't kill me]

Boney

Banned
Doc's up b is god tier. The fact that you can b reverse it and still kill with it makes it a little bit safer. It can only punish bad spacing I suppose but it hits like a truck.

Regarding the first point, what makes you say that? I think it's pretty good given its properties.

Doc's pills bounce a bit higher and only last for two bounces versus Mario's three. They've got different utilities, but Doc definitely can't go Luigi on people. :(

At least everyone thinks Marth and Lucina are equally bad :^) [this is a joke don't kill me]
On a list of up B OoS options, maybe, but when you are competing with all the various Nair and Fair OoS options, it isn't particularly noteworthy. It's really unsafe, the good hitbox is close up, and it has limited angling.

Fandangox

tumblr_nuf6rhwPf31ufadbso1_500.gif

Cronox

Banned
Pshhhh I haven't even bought Wooly World or Mario Maker. After buying Splatoon and getting an hour in before going back to Smash I learned my lesson. There's no hurry, those games will still be there when I finally get fed up with Bowser not being good enough to be truly competitive and finally quit Smash.

Really? That's kinda odd, usually the sibling can measure up to the other one. Bummer I guess.

I'm not home yet so can't challenge him (thank god cause eff Ness :p)

Melee I was better
Brawl we were equal
Smash 4...he went crazy. He hit a new level. It's not that I got any worse, I've always been at the same level (good casually but worst at tournament settings). Maybe because I'm older I don't have the time to put in the commitment needed and my mind is full with other things :(

I'm really excited for Smash the Record this weekend. So many events to participate in!

To add onto that, one of the presenters of the thing is FIEA, which is the graduate program I'm currently in. I find that to be really remarkable.

FG confuses me sometimes.

Opponent 1 : a
Opponent 2: B
Opponent 3: CC
Opponent 4: DDD
Opponent 5: eevee
Opponent 6: FG

I was going through the alphabet...

God, I had the worst night on FG yesterday. I just kept getting matched up with these amazing players who totally dominated me. Smash can be so damn frustrating sometimes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7lPDQrijDw

Honestly, I didn't play super well in this match. I'd been playing this guy on FG for over an hour at this point and had only lost 1 stock so I was pretty much just going on auto-pilot at this point.

But oh my god those 2 kills were sexy!

Last kill was definitely nice. Diagonal teleports throw everyone off cause no one expects Zelda's to ever land them, much less attempt them.

Top Bottom