• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Hylian7

I've never played anyone on GAF. Not even on 3DS, for some reason.

By the time Wii U launched I wasn't really interested in the game much anymore. Corrin pulled me back in.

Edit: Why is Bayonetta's D-Air risk-free, why does it grant a huge, easy spike, and how come Corrin doesn't get the same treatment.

That landing lag though, especially if you are coming off of a combo.

I don't think I have, either. Playing against a Peach would be nice since I can't even remember the last time I was up against a decent one.

Don't worry I won't change how long it's been. :x

I've never played anyone on GAF. Not even on 3DS, for some reason.

By the time Wii U launched I wasn't really interested in the game much anymore. Corrin pulled me back in.

Edit: Why is Bayonetta's D-Air risk-free, why does it grant a huge, easy spike, and how come Corrin doesn't get the same treatment.

Her Dair is NOT risk free haha.

Juni_

The giant demon foot is her down smash. You are talking about this right?

27426b0c7110f802eea1947fb001e9f8cf7c19fb96e4d600d82766532a547f5b.jpg.cf.jpg

The giant demon foot is her down smash. You are talking about this right?

27426b0c7110f802eea1947fb001e9f8cf7c19fb96e4d600d82766532a547f5b.jpg.cf.jpg

Yeah, I think so. It looks a little different on 3DS (I don't have a Wii U).

I did some testing to find out why Corrin sometimes does a follow-up attack with her side-B and I think it does it if you activate the move when you are really close to the ground.

ChrisD

That landing lag though, especially if you are coming off of a combo.

Don't worry I won't change how long it's been. :x

Her Dair is NOT risk free haha.

When I say risk-free I was more talking about how quickly she can cancel it, making it super safe to use off-stage (in comparison to most everyone else's). D-Airs always have crazy landing lag, I'm talking strictly for off-stage spiking.

JulianImp

Yeah, I think so. It looks a little different on 3DS (I don't have a Wii U).

I did some testing to find out why Corrin sometimes does a follow-up attack with her side-B and I think it does it if you activate the move when you are really close to the ground.

Yeah. If Corrin hits the ground with the lance, she stalls there and can do three different actions: a flying kick to the left/right, a jump or nothing. Enemis hit by the lance get stuck in place if the lance sticks to the ground, making it impossible to avoid the follow-up attack. Either way, it's fairly easy to punish merely by shielding, and you should be aware that they can use it to do a quick get-up from the edges of the stage.

Yeah. If Corrin hits the ground with the lance, she stalls there and can do three different actions: a flying kick to the left/right, a jump or nothing. Enemis hit by the lance get stuck in place if the lance sticks to the ground, making it impossible to avoid the follow-up attack. Either way, it's fairly easy to punish merely by shielding, and you should be aware that they can use it to do a quick get-up from the edges of the stage.

I'm not sure what you mean by the bolded.

I played a few matches with Bayonetta today and I am getting much better with her. I bodied this guy 10-1 at one point. He beats me once because I make a stupid mistake. He leaves saying I suck and hahahah u suck with a happy face. The salt was real. I meteored him so many times with down air. I don't consider myself good with Bayonetta by any means yet but I found some new stuff at least. I think people get so salty when fighting her on FG because they don't know how to approach her. Or the taunt... it has to be the taunt.

I still need tips against corrin if anybody has any. Corrin eats her alive in my experience.

MegaManHardKnuckle.png

This is Mega Man's meteor smash. I've never successfully used it because it's slooow but I've killed myself by falling off the stage when I was trying to spike someone off.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
how much could you do with Bayonetta for recovery?

Can you do Side B -> Up B -> Air Jump -> Side B -> Up B? I know the usual practice is Up B -> Air Jump -> Up B

JulianImp

I'm not sure what you mean by the bolded.

It's something Corrin can do where she's offstage and does side B so that it hits the ledge, allowing her to stall in place before dash kicking back onstage. I think the best course of action for that is just shielding the hit and punishing, but I still haven't played against enough Corrins to get a feel for what the match-up's actually like.

how much could you do with Bayonetta for recovery?

Can you do Side B -> Up B -> Air Jump -> Side B -> Up B? I know the usual practice is Up B -> Air Jump -> Up B

Remember Bayo can cling to walls nearly forever, since she gets to grab onto a wall again only after losing her height's worth of vertical distance. You can easily use this to stall an throw your opponents off, but be careful not to burn your second jump by mistake.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ahh didn't know Side B is only doable once in air if it doesn't hit someone

and yeah I've seen people pretty much make Bayonetta climb up walls lol

i love it when someone calls you a spammer for using to many smash attacks yet its not my fault people do stuff thats easily punishable by a smash attack lol

ChrisD

I beat a rush down Sheik! They weren't very good, but I'm thrilled. ;-;

Then they went Toon Link in the next round. I know the Link/Toon Link shpiel, so I hopped on the ledge as soon as the game started. He threw a futile arrow and bomb before moving in closer. Hit me with one bomb, then tried to spike me. He failed miserably, as he plummeted to a death.

From there I figured he was flustered, so I actually moved in on him trying to stay aggressive. One Neutral B + fully charged Chomp later and he's out.

On a different note, fighting Marth is really fun to me. The swordplay sounds are satisfying. Like The Knee(TM) or The Ness Bat(TM), but much lesser.

I just got destroyed by a fucking Palutena

She was fucking legit and knew exactly what she was doing but it still feels bad, man. Baaaaad. :X

I'm just curious if you have a replay... because I haven't seen any high level Palutena play besides Aerolink. I'm not sure if he still uses her though. If no replay, what did she do and use to approach?

I'm just curious if you have a replay... because I haven't seen any high level Palutena play besides Aerolink. I'm not sure if he still uses her though. If no replay, what did she do and use to approach?
I saved a replay of the first match, it's on 3DS though.

Lots of empty hops, fairs, and jabs (jab -> grab or jab -> jab -> grab, not the default rapid shit). I'm a Zard main so that shit is so annoying. lol

I got lucky and won like 10 for fun team battles in a row on 3DS. It was fun. Then I did a bit of spectating. I like how you can bet on the matches.

105.Will

Some guy changed his name to something along the lines of witch time op. Even though I beat him without using it a single time, than proceeded to body him with DK. Really bugs me how quick people are to blame the character for their loss.

Hylian7

Some guy changed his name to something along the lines of witch time op. Even though I beat him without using it a single time, than proceeded to body him with DK. Really bugs me how quick people are to blame the character for their loss.
Has all the hype about how "OP" Corrin was finally died down now? She was a curveball to deal with for that initial week, but I've figured out her tricks, and it seems like most people have.

Has all the hype about how "OP" Corrin was finally died down now? She was a curveball to deal with for that initial week, but I've figured out her tricks, and it seems like most people have.

I think the same has happened for Bayonetta. She's not nearly as everywhere as she was day 1 and 2.

ChrisD

Probably because she doesn't actually seem to beat Marth past the Counter. Still fun, at least.

Meanwhile, I don't see Bayonetta not making it into the top tiers. I haven't fought one since that initial rush where EVERYONE was her, but I don't see how someone with all of that potential doesn't make it to Top 10.

Edit:

"You've fought 1,000 battles! Positively Smashing!"

I refuse to believe that wasn't a Nigel Thornsberry reference. Especially with "My Body is Ready" being in the game.

iBlue

Hi Everyone

I am posting this on behalf of a good friend of mine and smasher "Munro". He bought a gamecube controller two days ago, it was actually his first controller, always using someones else. We went together to a smash tournament here in Mexico and someone stole his controller pretty much like an hour after getting there. His night (and mine) was ruined. We are both broken players and cant really afford to get him a new one. We tried today asking for support to the local mexican community but all we got was "get reckt" or "you should have". And now i am asking fellow gaffers and smashers for a $1 dollar donation so we can get him a new controller. Controllers here go for $600 pesos which is around $25 i believe US dollars. I believe if people can send $1 dollar each we can sucessfully get him a controller soon. Also we just need the amount for the controller WILL NOT be accepting more than that. Thank you very much in advance.

I dunno if this is against the rules(let me know if its i dont want my gaf account closed) but if you want to help please let me know by just saying you wanna help and i will PM you with his paypal information.

Thank you GAF

leroidys

Hi Everyone

I am posting this on behalf of a good friend of mine and smasher "Munro". He bought a gamecube controller two days ago, it was actually his first controller, always using someones else. We went together to a smash tournament here in Mexico and someone stole his controller pretty much like an hour after getting there. His night (and mine) was ruined. We are both broken players and cant really afford to get him a new one. We tried today asking for support to the local mexican community but all we got was "get reckt" or "you should have". And now i am asking fellow gaffers and smashers for a $1 dollar donation so we can get him a new controller. Controllers here go for $600 pesos which is around $25 i believe US dollars. I believe if people can send $1 dollar each we can sucessfully get him a controller soon. Also we just need the amount for the controller WILL NOT be accepting more than that. Thank you very much in advance.

I dunno if this is against the rules(let me know if its i dont want my gaf account closed) but if you want to help please let me know by just saying you wanna help and i will PM you with his paypal information.

Thank you GAF

That sucks. I'll chip in a dollar or two.

Good luck! Sadly, I don't really have money to spare right now or I would contribute.
but I don't see how someone with all of that potential doesn't make it to Top 10.
Pretty much everybody but the bottom-bottom-bottom tiers in this game has some dumb shit up their sleeves. It takes a special amount of dumb to make top 10. Not too sure if Bayonetta has enough dumb shit to make top 10.

ChrisD

Good luck! Sadly, I don't really have money to spare right now or I would contribute.

Pretty much everybody but the bottom-bottom-bottom tiers in this game has some dumb shit up their sleeves. It takes a special amount of dumb to make top 10. Not too sure if Bayonetta has enough dumb shit to make top 10.

Maybe make it top 15 then, depending on what she's against with the other 14. A 0% kill combo off of one good read is just one thing, true. But it's a crazy thing.

Like, isn't Meta Knight high in the general mind of people now, largely because of his one-trick of his U-Air juggle > stock at low %? Saw a few matches on YouTube with MK while looking for more Ranai play. The character has stuff going for him, but a big play maker is the juggle that can lead to a ridiculously early stock. (Unless I'm sorely mistaken and he has something else)

I think that's what Bayonetta will fall along into. A character without countless stand-outs, but they have that one thing that's huge to go along with a functional, playable kit.

JulianImp

I'm getting the hang of Bayonetta now.

I tend to prefer her side A than neutral A

You mean while grounded, right? I'm inclined to agree, but on the other hand you can do jab resets if you time them right to take your opponent closer to the edge while dealing some extra damage. Still, ftilt moving Bayo forward is nice since it makes her harder to hit and can throw your opponent's shieldgrab timing off.

Choomp

Banned
Hiya guys, I bought Cloud for 3DS and Wii U and I downloaded him on my 3DS, where do I go to get him on my Wii U now? I've looked around and actually found nothing.

Hylian7

Hiya guys, I bought Cloud for 3DS and Wii U and I downloaded him on my 3DS, where do I go to get him on my Wii U now? I've looked around and actually found nothing.

Go to the eShop, and look for the receipt for your purchase. You should see an eShop code to enter on the Wii U eShop to get them.

RomanceDawn

Hi Everyone

Thank you GAF

I'll throw in a buck. Well just so long as either of you aren't inexplicably evil.

Sakurai on DLC

I find the vet discussion more interesting than the comp stuff that will no doubt be taken horribly out of context.

- Mewtwo's original Final Smash animation had to be toned down for CERO.
- But it was always designed to look like a brutal, powerful attack.
- Y was chosen because it would have been an awkward transition from distance, psychic attacker to close range physical attacker of X.
- Binding Blade was entirely ignored for Roy's move set on purpose, because he's more well known as a Melee character than a FE character. Had he been made faithful to his game, he'd be unrecognizable to Melee fans. Only his Final Smash animation is from the game, everything else is Melee or... Tales.
- Roy is designed to be like a "Tales Of" character, due to his (Smash) character designer being from the Tales Of series.
- Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy were the most popular cut vets, and they had decided to only do three vets.
- I actually think the above is a lie, as Snake and Ice Climbers probably were higher than Lucas/Roy, but he wouldn't mention them, obviously.
- This is one of the first times Sakurai has outright confirmed that Mewtwo is a vet. He's been weird about this in the past.
- Lucas (and Ness)'s Final Smashes were changed from Brawl due to the 3DS
- Sakurai had nothing to do with Lucas' alt colors

ChrisD

Interesting stuff. Mewtwo had to be toned down, though? I wonder how much worse it was. Doesn't seem like it should have raised any flags in its current state... We're talking about a game with cartoon violence, it follows that.

Really cool that Roy is based off of Tales! Never would have guessed it myself, but I totally see it now.

Hylian7

That bit about Mewtwo being toned down makes it seem like a miracle Bayonetta got in intact. By the sound of that, I'm surprised stuff like Gomorrah chewing on characters still got in.

Top Bottom