• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

You know. I'd be fine if they just completely redid Samus's entire moveset. I'd also like it if Toon Link referenced the Metal Gear series by pulling out and hiding under a barrel just as a middle finger to Konami.

Charge Shot is not even that great too, the fact that it can't be charged while in the air makes it straight up worse than Shadow Ball or Aurasphere

RomanceDawn

I'd absolutely love to see Geno in Smash. I was never in anyone's face about it like I am with Ridley or Dixie but I still love the character.

When I think about the DLC and how Sakurai wanted new characters that played entirely different from the main cast I can understand why a ton of characters were not added. Guys like K Rool, Geno, Dixie, Ridley, Takamaru, etc are all characters that would most likely play it safe and straight forward, like a new Dedede, Pit, Link, etc. While any one of these could have an outrageous mechanic dedicated to the them it's really easy to see how they would all be base game characters introduced during the initial hypening. All that I mentioned above are unique in their own right but their mechanics don't immediately bring to mind an entirely different way to play a character like Bayonetta or Ryu.

I'm sure lots of arguments can be had against Cloud and such but you get what I mean.

You know. I'd be fine if they just completely redid Samus's entire moveset. I'd also like it if Toon Link referenced the Metal Gear series by pulling out and hiding under a barrel just as a middle finger to Konami.

Samus seriously needs the Mega Man treatment.

Charge Shot is not even that great too, the fact that it can't be charged while in the air makes it straight up worse than Shadow Ball or Aurasphere

I forgot all about that! That is jacked up!

Aside from new characters I'm going to be campaigning for character makeovers for the next game.

RomanceDawn

PtM

Banned
imageepshf.png

It says Mewtwo may not work as advertised. I'm guessing you need to unlock the fighter before using its amiibo?

I was wondering if anyone could pm me a link to the Smash Discord? I'm really rusty and trying to hone my Lucina, but I keep getting blown up in FG. I can get it down to the wire most of the time, but I just can't ever seal the deal. Looking for people who may be able to help.

At this point I can't tell if I'm just bad now or if it's my choice of main.

So I think I broke this guy on For Glory. Won a few matches against him and he decides to start just killing himself over and over and throwing matches. Then he changes his name to LEAVE. Then he switches between LEAVE and 2-MUCH-LAG. Then he starts switching between YOU DONT and GET ANY and POINTS.

He's still going as I type this and I refuse to give him the satisfaction of me dropping. It's too fantastic to let go.

Hylian7

So I think I broke this guy on For Glory. Won a few matches against him and he decides to start just killing himself over and over and throwing matches. Then he changes his name to LEAVE. Then he switches between LEAVE and 2-MUCH-LAG. Then he starts switching between YOU DONT and GET ANY and POINTS.

He's still going as I type this and I refuse to give him the satisfaction of me dropping. It's too fantastic to let go.

For Glory can be a strange place sometimes.

Would love to know the winner of this standoff lol.

I really don't understand why he doesn't just leave instead. It costs him nothing to leave, and it's not like there's any points to gain in FG from this besides your win rate lol.

FG has all kinds I suppose.

RomanceDawn

What's the Mega Man treatment?

To me the Mega Man treatment is being able to run and shoot as well as using different beams as standard attacks. Though thinking about it now, with Samus her projectiles generally shoot straight out while Mega's has all kinds of weird properties.

So um I don't really know. I guess I just wish she used more of her beams and gadgets as opposed to a ton of kicks and punches. Like Mega in Marvel Vs Capcom, he had a lot of kicks and punches right? But in Smash he seems to play more like Mega Man from Mega Man.

I really loved how Other M gave Samus all those really cool Melee attacks because that is exactly how I envisioned her. But with Smash I feel like I could do without most of the areal kicks, and grounded punches.

Specials
Neutral - Dark Beam, it's dark energy blob, when you hold it it's a bigger blob that will suck things in like a black hole.
Side - Missiles, same as before but better I guess.
Up - Screw Attack
Down - Morph Ball - A for little bomb, Hold down B to charge boost ball and ram in to opponents.

Smash Attacks
Side Smash - Charge Shot like Mega Man
Up Smash - Maybe a big wave beam that can go as far as say Palutena's up Smash.
Down Smash - Plasma, Ice, who knows!

Neutral moves can be similar to Mega Man. Running while able to shoot, while some aerials are melee moves, others are projectile like moves. Now Samus never had anything like that Fire Sword looking thing or those claws which basically function as close range melee moves but I'm sure there is something they could pull from. Well I guess her F-Air is already like that now. But the generic fire is so over done on her, that should be one of those weird beams we only see in the Metroid Series, with cool different color and affect.

jnWake

What's the Mega Man treatment?

I guess he means the ability to shoot while running and jumping.

I don't feel Samus is that bad (conceptually) honestly. I would do small changes:
- Charge Shot should be allowed to charge in the air. It could be broken but I'd love if you could direct it like in Super Metroid (like Mega Man's Metal Blade).
- Morph Bomb should return to its Melee self. Also, you should be able to charge it to release a Power Bomb.
- Some way to use Ice Beam would be cool too, but I'm not sure how it could work.

There are many Samus abilities that aren't in Smash but I don't know how they could add stuff like the Shinespark in a game like this.

Boney

Banned
Bombs do insane shield damage and allows for great mobility due to quickly changing momentum and allows you to space yourself against opponents. The active hitbox being out sooner would be better but they're pretty ok.

JulianImp

Yeah, her bombs are my main gripe. They don't do much. Also miss the sex kick, but I will come around.

I don't play her all that often, but I'd say her ridiculously underwhelming missiles, being unable to charge her neutral B while in the air and all those wonky hitboxes of hers (fsmash, jab, ftilt) are more relevant than a minor buff. Like Boney says, they're still a decent tool to mess with your opponents while attempting to land at the very least.

Also, sex kicks make so much of a difference it isn't even funny, giving some characters a 3-frame punish they can mash while being combo-ed while others can only eat the full combo and hope they DI the right way to avoid follow-ups isn't fair at all.

I haven't played Smash for 3ds in about a week. I went online for 1v1s and lost a bunch to someone playing Bowser.

I think I'll just stick to For Fun if I go online again and hopefully I will be entertained by single player still.

PtM

Banned
I haven't played Smash for 3ds in about a week. I went online for 1v1s and lost a bunch to someone playing Bowser.

I think I'll just stick to For Fun if I go online again and hopefully I will be entertained by single player still.
Heh, while going through the 3DS modes, I've gotten stuck on Cruel Miilee, currently trying to optimise Mii Gunner results.

You know, you'd think after Sakurai kept saying over and over that he's done with DLC development that it would mean no new characters yet people continue to hold out hope.

Besides we all know Smash for NX is gonna be Melee HD anyway Kappa

PtM

Banned
You know, you'd think after Sakurai kept saying over and over that he's done with DLC development that it would mean no new characters yet people continue to hold out hope.
He also said Brawl would be his last Smash. If they're not going for cross-platform multiplayer, I wouldn't rule anything out

jnWake

Whats in the patch!?

I just bought all the DLC characters two days ago and I was getting used to everything xD.

http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-5-patch-notes.433162/

It's not complete yet but:

- Minor (?) Cloud nerfs.
- Many % decreases for Corrin but it seems they may increase her combo game.
- Minor buffs for Palutena.
- Minor buffs for Samus and some hitbox corrections too it seems.
- Sheik got some nerfs too. Not sure how big.
- ZSS got % reductions in many moves. Seems like a decent nerf.

Many nerfs it seems. I prefer buffs.

Wow actual Zelda buffs.

Nair damage buff is nice given how much I use it now. Thats 15% is everything hits. A basic D-tilt -> down throw -> nair -> nair can be something like 40% now.

Top Bottom