• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Durden77

Man, using the Gamecube analog for inputs on Ryu is terrible. Wish I could use a arcade stick or the control pad at least.

Yeah it does feel weird as hell. Getting used to it but it's strange.

I guess if you're going to use the motions, you should pretty much always be using the fire ball as your Hadouken right? Doesn't seem like there's any benefit to the regular, and it's actually harder for me to do the regular on a GCN controller anyway for some reason.

People really have a issue inputing ryus moves with the gamecube controller? o_O

Im doing it fine...then again played Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Capcom vs SNK 2.

Good games Flux! I was really enjoying the Ryu mirrors. Amazing how much like SF it actually felt once we got going.

I will say, the number of unintentional dragon punches and hurricane kicks I did in the air with the A button was annoying though. That's going to take some getting used to.

Boney

Banned
Smash is finally a real fighter. I can shoot hadokens against a hadoken for over 10 seconds lmao

I'm surprised at how weak his smashes are, you'd think at least Donkey Kick would be stronger. Up tilt strong hits pretty far though, should ko at around 140

FluxWaveZ

I will say, the number of unintentional dragon punches and hurricane kicks I did in the air with the A button was annoying though. That's going to take some getting used to.

Yep, specials in the wrong direction and the wrong special altogether came out way too often. Definitely something I'll have to adjust for.

JulianImp

wtf just happened

Internet went down, sorry. Good games, even though I think I'm still not entirely used to any of the new characters.

Ryu appears to induce lots of hitstun with most of his moves and has a cool moveset, Roy has a really nice nair and cool dthrow follow-ups (except that knockback scales with damage, unlike Luigi's), and Lucas is okay, even though his kill potential isn't as crazy as Ness'.

Yeah it does feel weird as hell. Getting used to it but it's strange.

I guess if you're going to use the motions, you should pretty much always be using the fire ball as your Hadouken right? Doesn't seem like there's any benefit to the regular, and it's actually harder for me to do the regular on a GCN controller anyway for some reason.
I just like that the "EX" Hadouken does more hits and goes to the same speed as the normal one if I'm not wrong.

Sometimes when I want to anti-air with Shoryuken I get something else because of the analog.

Also, does anybody in bracket 1 want to do Ranbats? I won't be here until Friday after today.

Oidisco

Just did a little testing and Roy has true combos out of down-throw up to 120%. You can't combo into a kill move at that percent, but it's still pretty cool.

Robiin

Finally done with work! Then I remembered girlfriend needs to wake up in three hours for work. Means I can't play since the Wii U is in our bedroom.. maybe I'll go up as early as her (2:30 am) to play! Hope some of you are willing to play tomorrow morning (EU time, means late Sunday night for you guys in US) as well!

Nabster92

I just like that the "EX" Hadouken does more hits and goes to the same speed as the normal one if I'm not wrong.

Sometimes when I want to anti-air with Shoryuken I get something else because of the analog.

Also, does anybody in bracket 1 want to do Ranbats? I won't be here until Friday after today.

I can play. Hopefully masked man shows up tonight as well so we can do doubles

Oidisco

Also, aerial version of Roy's up-b is a lot weaker than on the ground. Grounded up-b kills Marth from around 110% without rage on Omega Battlefield. Aerial Kills around 155%.

Crayolan

Beat Classic with all the new guys, and spent some time learning all Ryu's moves. Anyone wanna play? I'll mostly just be messing around with the new characters.

Oidisco

Beat Classic with all the new guys, and spent some time learning all Ryu's moves. Anyone wanna play? I'll mostly just be messing around with the new characters.

Yea I can play if you want. NNID is Oidisco, not sure if I have you added.

I'll just be using Roy

Quick thoughts on the dlc characters/stages

Lucas: Well he sure is Lucas, hard to tell who's better between him and Ness now as Ness got big buffs from Brawl to Smash 4 while Lucas in my two matches with him felt pretty similar. Ness is still my preferred play style though I do enjoy Lucas's up smash.

Roy: Roy is very much a Luigi/Falco/Wolf/Lucas/Ganondorf he feels and plays very differently from Marth now. His range is a lot shorter then I was expecting but he makes up for it with his better then Ike speed and better the Marth power. This was probably the best way to bring Roy back without him feeling like a waste of time.

Ryu: Its gonna take some time to get used to both holding vs tapping and using standard fighting game specials to input abilities. Is there a way to do his focus attack without hitting down? Really like everything about Ryu though he's gonna take practice to get good with.

Dream Land 64: Sure is dream land 64, still a great stage

Miiverse: Really like the messages that pop up, seems like it'll be a fun stage for parties

Suzaku castle: Feels kind of small and both times I played it the battle seemed to mostly happen on the right side of the stage. This screams to not be a walk off and to have a matching platform on the right would be perfect if it was like that.

Lucas feels a lot stronger than Brawl, especially on the sweetspots he has with his moves. His nair does really disappointing damage for the amount of hits it does though.

I love the new Rope Snake attack. I always love keeping people out with Samus and her grapple beam so now that I can do it with Lucas, I'm real happy!

Is it not like Luigi's up-B where you have to be a specific height away from the ledge to get the snap? I am just used to double jumping and up-Bing with Luigi that I don't have much of a problem with Ryu.

It might snap at the apex of the move, not sure.

Love, love, love that most of his specials can be activated with SF motion + A button. Dash attack seems good, and I've caught a bunch of people with random tatsumakis. Forward air and down air are also pretty great.

TWILT

Banned
Oh damn, Link's Dthrow is legit now. It can combo into UAir for a kill :O WE HOO HAH NOW
GRAB HAS MORE RANGE TOO :O

Top Bottom