• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Added, Room is up!! Forgot to mention on I'm on Uk, hopefully it will be fine!

Yes, I guess that was not playable! Yes I'm wired !! but this is quite shit internet!! I'm switching as soon as the contract ends!

JulianImp

Realizing that they didn't buff Zelda's aerials, and being able to start getting them to land very consistently in FG makes me realize how much better I am at spacing them compared to before.

Some of these matches are becoming painful to watch just on how often some of these hit sweetspot.

The few times you didn't manage to sweetspot me it mostly was because I had spot dodged through the sweetspot (but then often got hit by the bad hitbox), so I'd say you're amazing at pulling them off.

I really meant it when I said your Zelda has made me realize she wasn't a pushover at all, much in the same way Boney's Samus was quite the rude awakening for me.

That's one of the reasons I like smashing with you guys, since I get to play against all sorts of characters in order to try and slowly get used to what they can and can't do. The moment when things finally start to click and I get a better understanding of how to combat new characters after struggling for a while always feels really rewarding to me.

Thulius

Thank you. There are a few characters that feel really fair but strong to me right now, and Ness is one of them. Going through the roster, I would also list:

Captain Falcon (not a fan of his new nerf)
Mario

Huh...I guess that's it. I think everyone else needs changes in one way or another.

As of 1.08, characters I'd also put on that list (excluding customs):
Greninja
Diddy
Metaknight
Falco
Charizard
Link

Greninja's Ftilt buff was exactly what he needed to have a reasonable ground game and I don't really know what else I'd give him that wouldn't either be pointless or rocket him straight to top tier.

Diddy's Uair nerf is whatever, it's only stupid relative to even stronger characters like Sheik and Luigi who were allowed to keep their Fair and Nair respectively. Having a proper jab combo is also a pretty big deal.

The rest of the list, I think all those characters were underrated before the patch and they got pretty much everything they needed. MK's nair/jab/ftilt buffs give him a much less random neutral game and more tools to get people offstage. Falco's finally a real threat in the air and still has a solid ground game. Charizard getting a proper kill throw means you can't just sit in your shield and live to 150%+ against him. Link getting followups off Dthrow is good and Usmash working properly was necessary.

There are a few other characters I might put there like ZSS, Shulk, Zelda and Duck Hunt but I'm not really familiar enough to say they don't have any major issues.

In the USA, we don't have contracts, so that is a weird situation to me! When does it end?

I mean the internet it's fine! It just doesn't handle smash very well usually against oversea players! For glory usually works pretty well. Not sure what the solution could be!
The contract if I'm not mistaken should end in 3 or 4 months! Does increasing the internet speed makes any difference? I'm with 15MB at the moment!

Anyone feel like 2v2ing? I haven't played in a while so I'm pretty rusty. Even if it's an ass beating, it's still fun with you all. I'm trying to get a better grasp on Mewtwo so this would be great practice for me.

ID is LadySiara.

Definitely! Let's try, can you create the room!?

Sure, I'll go set up a room.

Anyone feel like 2v2ing? I haven't played in a while so I'm pretty rusty. Even if it's an ass beating, it's still fun with you all. I'm trying to get a better grasp on Mewtwo so this would be great practice for me.

ID is LadySiara.

Would be up for 2v2 too but first I want to see if my connection is stable.

Anyone up for a few matches?

Getting tired of FG scrubs now..

edit: especially when a roy loses and called me a spammer for shooting 4 fireballs the whole match

Top Bottom