• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Yep, puff is my main. I just love playing as her, none of my backups have nearly as much time put into them.

All right, coolio. Your Puffs is boss, but I wasn't sure if it was your main, since you played some other characters so well. If we play again I'll use my main as well then.

BTW: Is anybody over from SoFlorida?

To those who have played it, how would you rate my Fox? I feel like I have a whole world of potential to cover with him but I also notice the biggest improvements while using him. :) Any shortcomings I should work on before I go to more tournaments?

To those who have played it, how would you rate my Fox? I feel like I have a whole world of potential to cover with him but I also notice the biggest improvements while using him. :) Any shortcomings I should work on before I go to more tournaments?
I don't recall much. :-/

From CRQ's FGW interview:
Also #BanCustoms.

You should try some PK Freeze. It's pretty safe in some matchups and sometimes the freeze lasts so long you can combo into PKT2 and KO off the top.
I think Shamrock mostly used it on accident. Once he tried to use it with purpose, I think, but he got disabled. POW! ;-D

Even though Mewtwo sucks, I am pretty happy about how mine is coming along.

Does anybody know how the DI system currently works?
I seem to be dying a lot earlier from attacks than before, and I wonder if the DI mechanics have been changed =o

Edit: Oh yeah. Shamrock, I saved that one match where I went to grab you and Mewtwo is literally standing inside of your shield and it whiffs. I'm making a collection of replays that show how bad Mewtwo's hitboxes are. :p

Does anybody know how the DI system currently works?
I seem to be dying a lot earlier from attacks than before, and I wonder if the DI mechanics have been changed =o

Some people have hypothesized that 1.0.8 has increased DI, but that's about all I know of.

Completely not paying attention while playing Lucas.

Going to eat after this one.

Well, good games. I started spacing out after a few games as Greninja, and Lucas mirror matches are too much trouble for me.
Roy's forward smash, though. Pure skill.

Completely not paying attention while playing Lucas.

Going to eat after this one.

Goddamn that Roy smash, lol.

GGs man. I feel like I am connecting moves a lot more seamlessly now

I can understand the spacing out. It seems like with Greninja you have to constantly be jumping and paying attention. That takes a lot out of you after awhile.

GGs Puruzi. Nice Lucas. I am really starting to like mine, I just have to stop SDing so much. It took me awhile to get back into my Ness groove as I kept playing him like Lucas for awhile there.

I think Lucas has a problem against certain projectile characters. I had a lot of trouble the other day, for example, trying to get near Tipster's Mega Man with his wall of blades.

Puruzi

Banned
I think Lucas has a problem against certain projectile characters. I had a lot of trouble the other day, for example, trying to get near Tipster's Mega Man with his wall of blades.

Ah shit, that Megaman made me so upset. I was at a loss, shit just keeps going everywhere

Neki

Ggs. Be glad I only used custom villager once.

I threw like 3 games. Custom villager isn't that much different anyways, I can't really edge guard villager well anyways and I died more to trees + bowling balls than the trip sapling.

Ah shit, that Megaman made me so upset. I was at a loss, shit just keeps going everywhere

Well part of it is Tipsters incredibly safe playstyle. He will not approach unless his blade hits you the way he wants, so if you don't have a character that can get past blade and still be offensive, it's essentially a stalemate, until you get so bored or frustrated you try to force something against mega, lol.

Top Bottom