• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Hearts R |OT| With Our Vitas Combined

namDa65

So Eb Games in Waterloo only had preorders shipped to them. I said eff it and just bought a digital copy just to support #jrpgvita

Maybe the first tutorial battle is different for some reason, but it seems like the US version of the game does not work with custom soundtracks. Definitely disappointing, can anyone who is further verify with me? Otherwise the game looks promising from the start.

nampad

November is already killing my wallet but I just got some balance on my account for the EU release. Got to support #JRPGVITA

Edit: (accidentally posted my reply inside of the quote up top, heh)

Really, all I can do is laugh. I'm glad there is nothing of real value being lost by not buying it, but who is this even for? Why call it a season pass and sell it for nearly the game's price? I'm glad it is very easy to ignore. Selling costumes 15$ per pack is a little bit more annoying though. At least this game has some costumes unlockable in the game proper or so I've heard. I don't mind the pre-order bonus costume, since I hope it gives people enough incentive to support the game proper, but I hope Namco measure this game in terms of the actual game's commercial success, not the additional DLC.

Wow, controls are pretty smooth and the subtitles are timed, very happy!

Yeah, it seems great! I want to play it more, but I really have too much work to do (amusingly most of it is homework for my college Japanese class). I can't decide whether I'd like to stick to the traditional Tales of controls or use the D-pad for 2D movement. It seemed difficult to get used to, but with more time I might acclimate.

Bladenic

Finished up the first dungeon and town, onward I go. So far so good. I will say back and front stepping feel incredibly sluggish, maybe some skills later on will make it better.

Preordered online but when I went to gamestop to pickup advanced warfare I asked the cashier if he had any in stock and he didn't even know what the hell the game was. Why does kunzite look like he has a second transformation frieza head?

I really do not want to be pushy, but could anyone who has music on their Vita verify that the game doesn't have support for custom soundtracks? I tried it out in the first battle, but I'm not sure whether that means the game just doesn't have support for the feature, or whether it unlocks it behind the scenes at some point. I've heard the Japanese version has custom soundtracks, so I don't know why the US version wouldn't, which is why I want to be absolutely sure. I can't test right now, so could someone help me out please?

Edit:
Preordered online but when I went to gamestop to pickup advanced warfare I asked the cashier if he had any in stock and he didn't even know what the hell the game was. Why does kunzite look like he has a second transformation frieza head?

The employee I talked to seemed to know what it was, but in a way that made it clear he was just keeping up on his job. As for the character design of Kunzite, they might be there to show something that I won't say because it might be considered a character spoiler.

nikos

Think I'm done with GameStop.

Had the game preordered and got the open box special. What's the point of preordering if I'm going to be given a shelf copy? I would understand if I hadn't preordered my own copy, even though this practice is still ridiculous. The case wasn't even on the shelf, it was in the back. Why open it to put it in the back? Ugh.

I really do not want to be pushy, but could anyone who has music on their Vita verify that the game doesn't have support for custom soundtracks? I tried it out in the first battle, but I'm not sure whether that means the game just doesn't have support for the feature, or whether it unlocks it behind the scenes at some point. I've heard the Japanese version has custom soundtracks, so I don't know why the US version wouldn't, which is why I want to be absolutely sure. I can't test right now, so could someone help me out please?
I couldn't get it to work it just pauses the music when I go back to the game and there isn't a option in the game opinions.

Edit:

The employee I talked to seemed to know what it was, but in a way that made it clear he was just keeping up on his job. As for the character design of Kunzite, they might be there to show something that I won't say because it might be considered a character spoiler.
Thanks for addressing that. I just find that sort of thing funny and some of the employees are just there to cash a check and know nothing about gaming. Can't wait for my copy to come.

Preordered online for in-store pickup, guy gave me the open box special. What's the point of preordering if I'm going to be given a shelf copy. I would understand if I hadn't preordered my own copy, even though this practice is still ridiculous. The case wasn't even on the shelf, it was in the back. Why open it to put it in the back? Ugh.

Yeah that's messed up. I can understand if you didn't preorder it but since you preordered the game, it should still be wrapped up.I haven't shopped at a gamestop store since I got the gamers card from best buy and if it's a game that I can only get at gamestop, I'll just order it online and have it shipped to me.

Anyways I wont get mines till tomorrow :(

I couldn't get it to work it just pauses the music when I go back to the game and there isn't a option in the game opinions.

Thanks. That sucks, considering apparently the Japanese version allows it. I'm not too broken up about it, but I just don't see why it isn't included. I bet someone just forgot to flip a switch on the new US build. *sigh*

nikos

Yeah that's messed up. I can understand if you didn't preorder it but since you preordered the game, it should still be wrapped up.I haven't shopped at a gamestop store since I got the gamers card from best buy and if it's a game that I can only get at gamestop, I'll just order it online and have it shipped to me.

Anyways I wont get mines till tomorrow :(

I thought the same thing. Online only for exclusive/niche titles now. Everything else, GCU at Best Buy.

I think Ill pick this up with Targets buy one get one, assuming they actually have it in stock.

It's GameStop exclusive. :/

Datschge

Probably couldn't even get the rights to that.
Yeah, that's why they put that track on a CG version pre-order DVD of the DS game. /s
Then again they managed to forget the orchestral versions of Symphonia and Dawn of the new World in the HD release as well. It's obvious nobody cares. :(

Hugstable

Banned
How's the game and battle system so far? Trying to decide right now whether I'm gonna buy and play Valkyria Chronicles on PC (even though I have played it before long ago) or Tales Of Hearts. How's the story im this compared to other Tales games?

Ryuukan

Had the game preordered and got the open box special. What's the point of preordering if I'm going to be given a shelf copy? I would understand if I hadn't preordered my own copy, even though this practice is still ridiculous. The case wasn't even on the shelf, it was in the back. Why open it to put it in the back? Ugh.

I had this happen once a few years ago and I told the guy off that it was used since it was open and they at least gave me the used price

How's the game and battle system so far? Trying to decide right now whether I'm gonna buy and play Valkyria Chronicles on PC (even though I have played it before long ago) or Tales Of Hearts. How's the story im this compared to other Tales games?
Game and battle system seem smooth and fun so far. Can't say much about the story yet personally. People who have played the JPN release seemed to say it's pretty good.

Just got my copy! :D

I'm still playing Fantasy Life and will be for quite a while, so I don't know how soon I'll be playing this, but I'm very happy to see it released in NA and I hope more portable Tales games will follow suit.

Eusis

Probably couldn't even get the rights to that.
Yeah, sometimes the blame falls fully on the rights holders, not the publisher. Though it could still have been a bum deal that they could've worked out better in advance, but hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

Just picked up my copy, may or may not get to play it tonight! I really want to get rid of my Vita, but I keep buying games for it.

Even after that weird last sentence, I am super psyched for this.

flohen95

Will get the game once it's out in stores on Friday. If I find it in stores that is. I was originally planning on buying Freedom Wars first, but after not having been able to find it in any of the stores nearby throught the week after it's release (stores that had stuff like Hyperdimension Neptunia PP, Akiba's Trip and Danganronpa in stock, mind you), I'm skipping it in favour of Tales. Looking forward to it.

Cornbread78

Will get the game once it's out in stores on Friday. If I find it in stores that is. I was originally planning on buying Freedom Wars first, but after not having been able to find it in any of the stores nearby throught the week after it's release (stores that had stuff like Hyperdimension Neptunia PP, Akiba's Trip and Danganronpa in stock, mind you), I'm skipping it in favour of Tales. Looking forward to it.

Welcome to the party brotha, enjoy it!

Well, decided to ditch the Bamco store order and just got it digitally, got about an hour to kill now before it finishes downloading. Glad I have tomorrow off work so I can get a good ways into this.

Ogawa-san

I wouldn't mind a season pass for costumes and that nonsense, but the gald/boosts are so useless.

$16 for the beach outfits is honestly more irritating. Look at Buzz Lightyear in the back! I need him!
$3 for a swimsuit doesn't piss me off as much, after all they know where the cash cows are. What does however is how it's probably like Xillia, with a costume option ingame that's pretty much just for DLC since you can barely get any otherwise.

Protag

Banned
Man the menu interfaces and designs please my eyes.

Love the Soma design

And i really like the mechanic as well, and the sub mechanic that lets us create new Soma instead of buying new weapons from a shop.

oni_saru

This is why i ordered from Bamco. I was worried GS would pull that shit on me.

Picked up my copy on lunch break. They had at least 1 other copy, but I'm not entirely sure if they had more than that. Oh well got my physical copy.

I hope that whatever metric that Namco and Sony have assigned it gets reached.

I really wish there was a separate volume control for voices in battle and story. I wanted the voices off during the story but it's kind of odd not having them in battle too :\

Top Bottom