• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Hearts R |OT| With Our Vitas Combined

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm enjoying the game so far (1 hour in).

The graphic animations are cheap but it feels like an old-school JRPG (world map, random encounters, simpler battle system).

I'm enjoying this more than Xillia 2 though.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
GameStop and the Bandai Namco store are the only ways for Americans to get a retail version.

Or you could order through Play Asia for the Asian English version.

khaaan

This game is so popular that it's causing mass traffic on the PSN servers right? It must be since I've been downloading it for the past hour and a half...and there's about 20% still left. I don't know what gives, Freedom Wars was done downloading in about the time it took me shower.

And of course GS gave my the gutted "new" copy. At least their stupid sticker came off easily enough.

Now to download the pre-order DLC and fire it up tonight.

I got the plat for this a while ago on Vita TV (before they patched out compatibility)

It's definitely very cheap, but for what it is, it's pretty fun.

World map and all that... nice old school feel.

It's a good example of the entire Tales Series: Story is bleh, presentation is bleh, but gameplay is additive and fun.

khaaan

I got the plat for this a while ago on Vita TV (before they patched out compatibility)

It's a good example of the entire Tales Series: Story is bleh, presentation is bleh, but gameplay is additive and fun.

Those are some of the reasons I actually love the Tales games =P
If it's not a generic anime, trope-y adventure then I'm a little disappointed.

Posted this in the portable screenshot thread. Thought I'd post it here.

IBEoVPi.jpg

I wish a reference to this was in this thread's title, but no need, this OT is very well made!

Bladenic

What's the plat time/difficulty like? Any missables I should watch for? Seda mentioned a missable quest in his post.

By the way, be sure to go to the church and walk through the doors on the either side in Hanselar. And do it with every character. Pretty funny lines.

This game is so popular that it's causing mass traffic on the PSN servers right? It must be since I've been downloading it for the past hour and a half...and there's about 20% still left. I don't know what gives, Freedom Wars was done downloading in about the time it took me shower.

Probably a lotta people downloading stuff on PSN today, Assassin's Creed and whatnot

bryt

Whoa, apparently I was so hype for this game I ordered two copies. That was a nice surprise in the mail today.

Bladenic

Classic Tales AI, I set Gall to only use Will Artes AND be on the Defensive, and he still insisted on running up to Melee. Stupid.

Earlier today, I picked up the game. I said to one of the employees, "I am probably the only person at this gamestop who preordered the game." Turns out that four others have preordered the game as well. I know it's anecdotal and all, but it's something! = /

fates

Yeah went to a whole bunch of Gamestops and found nothing so I ordered from Bandai Namco's store now that its through Amazon.

But... the delivery date is next Tuesday with 2nd day delivery? What?

Yeah went to a whole bunch of Gamestops and found nothing so I ordered from Bandai Namco's store now that its through Amazon.

But... the delivery date is next Tuesday with 2nd day delivery? What?
Most of the people on this thread who preordered from Namco early seemed to have their order delayed. So I guess even with 2nd day delivery, if you order later, it'll be delayed. Maybe contact store support? Seems like a jip.

Alucrid

Banned
Most of the people on this thread who preordered from Namco early seemed to have their order delayed. So I guess even with 2nd day delivery, if you order later, it'll be delayed. Maybe contact store support? Seems like a jip.

Nah, that's exactly what my delayed preorder states as the estimated delivery. It's probably two day, it just won't ship until later this week.

Seda

What's the plat time/difficulty like? Any missables I should watch for? Seda mentioned a missable quest in his post.

By the way, be sure to go to the church and walk through the doors on the either side in Hanselar. And do it with every character. Pretty funny lines.

The most significant missable quest leads to one of the 72 Kamcoins. It's the Duck Boat quest in the town before Hanselar (I forget the name). Go back there and talk to a woman behind the waterfall to start it. It's pretty early on.

Bladenic

The most significant missable quest leads to one of the 72 Kamcoins. It's the Duck Boat quest in the town before Hanselar (I forget the name). Go back there and talk to a woman behind the waterfall to start it. It's pretty early on.

Already done, yay.

Unless you're supposed to ask for a reward for the meteor fragment, which I didn't haha.

kewlmyc

I got to get used to the controls compared to other Tales games, but other than that, I'm liking it so far. Kor's kinda generic, but I'm liking Hisui more than I though. Kohaku was fun until that thing happens to her, but I'm interested in how the handle her character from here on out. Can't say much about the combat since I've only beaten the first boss so far.

I'm about 5 hours in and definitely enjoying the gameplay so far, but this is honestly the first Tales game that I haven't gotten that invested in the story from the get-go. Although I suppose that's just because of it being sub only, I can't connect to the characters the same way I did with the other games. Also nothing particularly interesting has happened yet, hopefully that changes when the plot really kicks in later on.

Tuulenpoika

Neo Member

Oh my freaking God. I seriously almost choked on my drink when I saw that. 30 dollars for... that? Bunch of EXP, Grade and money boosts? Are you freaking kidding me?

Guess they really, REALLY need to get even with those production costs, even with all the corner-cutting. I can't think of any other remotely valid reason for such a stupid cash-grab scheme. Jesus Christ.

crmetteer

I'm pretty happy with this so far. This is exactly the type of game I wanted for my vita. I hope this sells enough for Bandai Namco to release Tales of Innocence R...

I was wondering, does ToHR have an Arte Sphere? Gall has all of these awesome moves to use, and I don't want to restrict myself with only 8 artes.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have too much to play so i can't buy this soon(yesterday i bought Danganronpa 2 on sale but i didn't download it because i have many other games to finish :\ ) but did any Italian bro buy it? How is the localization?

Put a good 6 hours into it so far, and I'm liking it more than anticipated- mostly because I didn't expect the battle system to be as fun as it is. It's no Graces, but it feels like I'm playing a new console Tales on a handheld.

"Kor" still bothers me though. It'd be fine with a dub, but as it stands, I wish you could change character names like in Vesperia.

Stardust_Comet

Neo Member
"Kor" still bothers me though. It'd be fine with a dub, but as it stands, I wish you could change character names like in Vesperia.

I get this feeling that when I get the game, every time I see the name Kor I am going to think "who the fuck is Kor?" because everyone has been calling him Shing.

Cornbread78

I'm pretty happy with this so far. This is exactly the type of game I wanted for my vita. I hope this sells enough for Bandai Namco to release Tales of Innocence R...

That is the goal of #jrpgvita

Who knows though, my GS had 4 preorders, and is getting only 2 more next week.

Buy GAF, buy it!

Top Bottom