• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

lucius

How do you guys get early copies, all the mom & pop game stores have shut down in last few years mostly I am guessing from Gamestop domination, is someplaces like Blockbuster selling it early?

mintylurb

lucius said:
How do you guys get early copies, all the mom & pop game stores have shut down in last few years mostly I am guessing from Gamestop domination, is someplaces like Blockbuster selling it early?
Have you tried gamecube hut? Anyway, I think you can get early copies in nyc's chinatown..or prob any chinatown.

TheExodu5

Banned
DevelopmentArrested said:
Got a ps3 and 360 copy. GF and I will be playin at same time so ill try to give impressions later on tonight if anyone cares

Definitely interested in a graphical comparison. I decided to go with the PS3 version, but I'm still curious. It sounds like both versions are extremely comparable, at this point.

Also, to anyone that knows: is there an option to set R1 to shoot instead of R2? It's my only regret with going with the PS3 version at this point.

LProtag

TheExodu5 said:
Definitely interested in a graphical comparison. I decided to go with the PS3 version, but I'm still curious. It sounds like both versions are extremely comparable, at this point.

Also, to anyone that knows: is there an option to set R1 to shoot instead of R2? It's my only regret with going with the PS3 version at this point.

I don't think so, but one person giving impressions of the controls seemed to think it was R1 that shot, but then realized he was wrong, so it probably doesn't feel bad at all.

Just don't worry about it and you'll probably get along just fine rather than going in with the mindset "ugh I have to press this shitty button I don't like to shoot" every time you get into a gunfight.

TheExodu5 said:

Unless Bondi put in customizable controls, Rockstar (and Rockstar associated) games usually don't have changeable control schemes.

Sethos

Banned
TheExodu5 said:

Someone posted the Options many and the sub options a while back, didn't say anything about customizable controls.

MiniDitka

Had the 360 version preordered at Gamestop and canceled it about a week ago but just got an e-mail with the code for the chicago piano gun bonus so I'm giving it to the first person that asks for it.

Sethos

Banned
MiniDitka said:
Had this preordered at Gamestop and canceled it abut a week ago but just got an e-mail with the code for the chicago piano gun bonus so I'm giving it to the first person that asks for it.

Can I have it ^^ ( If it's the PS3 version, if it's the 360, nevermind )

alterno69

Banned
MiniDitka said:
Had this preordered at Gamestop and canceled it about a week ago but just got an e-mail with the code for the chicago piano gun bonus so I'm giving it to the first person that asks for it.
Me

MiniDitka said:
Had this preordered at Gamestop and canceled it about a week ago but just got an e-mail with the code for the chicago piano gun bonus so I'm giving it to the first person that asks for it.

If its for 360 can I have it?

Damn you guys are quick.

Slaylock

MiniDitka said:
I'm asking - too slow :(

Kolgar

OK, this is starting to sound less like a game and more like an EVENT.

I've decided to pick up my preorder at Best Buy's midnight release tonight. Haven't done one of those in a while!

What time do you think I should get out there? Would 10:00 be too late?

JABEE

Does anyone who has used Best Buy In store pick up know what you have to bring in when picking it up if you have someone set up to pick it up?

Montresor

Sex crimes, burglary, fraud, terrorism, gang desks for DLC please. I want them to take as much money from me as possible, and I don't even have the game yet.

Kolgar

JABEE said:
Does anyone who has used Best Buy In store pick up know what you have to bring in when picking it up if you have someone set up to pick it up?

Uh-oh. Here's what my email says:

To pick up your order, you must bring:
Your state-issued photo ID
The credit card used for the purchase: Visa ************8349
Your order number (listed above)
Important: Only the person who placed the order and is named on the purchasing credit card may pick it up.

T Ghost

Sethos said:
They are pretty much identical, 360 version suffers from a bit more noticeable streaming of textures and some FPS hiccups but nothing much major.

Is this result with the game installed on the 360 HDD or running it from the DVD? I'm in the same boat, deciding what version to get.

Any word on loading times on PS3?

DrBo42

T Ghost said:
Is this result with the game installed on the 360 HDD or running it from the DVD? I'm in the same boat, deciding what version to get.

Any word on loading times on PS3?
I don't think it's mentioned but I'd imagine installing it doesn't help much. There have also been complaints about shadows being more "blocky" on the 360. System/controller preference wins the day if you're not too worried about the above.

Plasmid

Gooster said:
If I had a fedora I'd totally wear it while playing L.A. Noire.

rvk8wm.jpg

From the Forever alone flashmob thread.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I think the 3 discs on the 360 gives it its own 1940s feel. I prefer aesthetics than convenience.

T Ghost

DrBo42 said:
I don't think it's mentioned but I'd imagine installing it doesn't help much. There have also been complaints about shadows being more "blocky" on the 360. System/controller preference wins the day if you're not too worried about the above.
Good point. I prefer the 360 controller but the 3 disc thing and slight better visual are pushing me towards the PS3 version.

zlatko

Banned
DevelopmentArrested said:
Got a ps3 and 360 copy. GF and I will be playin at same time so ill try to give impressions later on tonight if anyone cares

Can you change control layout on PS3 to swap R2 from shoot to having R1 as shoot?

Edit: Doh just looked up to the replies to my same question. Disappointing. :( 360 version it is.

Tawpgun

alterno69 said:
Stop posting RDR stuff before i fall sleep, that game is fucking boring, hopefully LA NOIR is actually fun to play instead of putting me to sleep.

LA Noire is going to bore you to hell. It's much slower paced than RDR.

It's all about getting immersed in the world and not MISSION SETPIECE MISSION KILL DUDES MISSION

whitehawk

Banned
So, should I go to the midnight even at the local store GAF? Friend is getting it and I might tag along. Plus if you go the store gives you 10% off your next purchase...

Why am I even asking you guys!!! Aghhh!! cant wait!

Fjordson

Just got the email saying Amazon has shipped my copy. Woo!

And something unexpected. I got the $15 in credit for pre-ordering, but I also got a "$10 Video Games promotional code". Says it'll be applied to my account in addition to the $15. Nice!

Riposte

A27 Tawpgun said:

It's all about getting immersed in the world and not MISSION SETPIECE MISSION KILL DUDES MISSION

You adequately describe RDR, but with inane traveling. I really hope LAN isn't like that.

kaskade

whitehawk said:
So, should I go to the midnight even at the local store GAF? Friend is getting it and I might tag along. Plus if you go the store gives you 10% off your next purchase...

Why am I even asking you guys!!! Aghhh!! cant wait!
I was thinking about it. Work tomorrow though, plus the store is like about half an hour away so no real time to play it.

alterno69

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:

I'll probably love it just like i loved Heavy Rain, i like linear games cause it's a better way to immerse you in the story.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
whitehawk said:
Oh also, besides that the PS3 version is on 1 disc, and the 360 version is on 3, are there any other differences?

360 version has some minor framerate and pop-in issues it seems.

Top Bottom