• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

daedalius

Been playing with my wife quite a bit, both of us hit 20, looking forward to getting into a dungeon finally.

Quite enjoyable, although the story is a bit lacking; although that could be said for most MMOs.

Jumped back into TERA, figure to be playing kind of casually here and there. Lvl 14 lancer, is there any need to enchant or craft items this early or is that really only relevant for closer to end game?

When do the first BAMs and dungeons open up?

Nopren

Jumped back into TERA, figure to be playing kind of casually here and there. Lvl 14 lancer, is there any need to enchant or craft items this early or is that really only relevant for closer to end game?

When do the first BAMs and dungeons open up?

Wait with crafting until lvl 60. Enchant when you start to get blues in the twenties. The first dungeon opens up at lvl 21, but there are some world BAM's a couple of levels before that.

Wait with crafting until lvl 60. Enchant when you start to get blues in the twenties. The first dungeon opens up at lvl 21, but there are some world BAM's a couple of levels before that.

Awesome, thanks for the insight.

PS I sent a request to join the Guild, hopefully there still are some open spots.

Kammie

Awesome, thanks for the insight.

PS I sent a request to join the Guild, hopefully there still are some open spots.
Wasn't able to respond yesterday since GAF was down most of the day, but I accepted your app. So drop on by and say hi. :)

New info came out on the new dungeons coming up this summer on kTERA, which are focused on being casual-friendly and not too tied to class roles. Seems that there will also eventually be a new level cap, and a whole new continent to explore. It was about time something like this was announced.

http://www.believe-tera.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9418086&gid=294331

Kammie

Finally, flying mounts!

2Bmsm5b.jpg

kE4xads.jpg

SmallWind

New PVP sets for ktera!

http://teratoday.com/tera-news/asia/ktera-june-battlegrounds-pvp-gear-update

The Ruthless Conjunct series may be obtain via crafting.

Base Material: Conjunct Set
Misc. Material: Material from Bellacarium Shop
Material from Killing Spree Shop

The Ruthless Visionmaker series is obtained via crafting.

Base Material: Visionmaker Set or Bloodrave Set
Misc. Material: Material from Bellacarium Shop
Material from Killing Spree Shop
Material from Federation Content

How's the guild doing? Is it still alive? I've checked here and the forums and it seems pretty dead, but that could be due to the lack of new content.

I've got a level 60 sorc on another server but thinking about making a new toon to join the NeoGAF guild... just hope I'm not too late :p

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I haven't really played in a long time (not since the end of P2P), but I've been somewhat interested in getting back in again. TERA really is one of the prettiest games out there, and I find myself missing it. Have a 60 warrior and 60 mystic.

The first thing I've really noticed is the dungeon lag. It's nearly unplayable compared to the way it was before. About a third of my inputs get eaten during boss fights if I input at a normal speed, and I'm having trouble chaining moves together. This has happened every time I've been in a dungeon with a party (I've gone to FoK and Argon Corpus so far since coming back), and sometimes even when soloing dungeons. Is this lag normal now?

Kammie

Oh dear. Does this happen for all servers or just the highly populated ones? I might want to move servers in this case.
Your problem with dungeons isn't common. The only ones that really lag for everyone are FoK and BT, and I've heard it mentioned that those are held on different servers from all the others. Everything else should work fine though.

I have a problem where sometimes Battlegrounds or Equalized Battlegrounds have a higher ping than normal dungeons or the normal server. We know BGs are hosted on different servers because they once reset just BG servers, while everything else in the game stayed up. Maybe your ISP has a role to play... but as I say, it's definitely not normal. Server performance is the best it's ever been since F2P hit.

Edit: Also, dungeons are cross-server, so your moving to another server won't change a thing.

Kammie

How's the guild doing? Is it still alive? I've checked here and the forums and it seems pretty dead, but that could be due to the lack of new content.

I've got a level 60 sorc on another server but thinking about making a new toon to join the NeoGAF guild... just hope I'm not too late :p
The guild is active, just that no one posts on the forums or here. For the most part there's not many actual gaffers left, though. And most people are 60, so that's where you'll want to be to partake in activities with us.

By the way, it wasn't mentioned yet in this thread, but July 2 is our first big patch, and we finally got patch notes.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/patch-notes/patch-211301

All class balances up to date with KTERA, new 20v20 battlegrounds, and a lot of dungeon/BAM/miscellaneous retooling to make our client mirror the Korean one. What they say this will do is streamline future updates, so that they can release quicker and not have to be specifically tailored just for us every time. Hopefully they pull through on their promises.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Your problem with dungeons isn't common. The only ones that really lag for everyone are FoK and BT, and I've heard it mentioned that those are held on different servers from all the others. Everything else should work fine though.

I have a problem where sometimes Battlegrounds or Equalized Battlegrounds have a higher ping than normal dungeons or the normal server. We know BGs are hosted on different servers because they once reset just BG servers, while everything else in the game stayed up. Maybe your ISP has a role to play... but as I say, it's definitely not normal. Server performance is the best it's ever been since F2P hit.

Edit: Also, dungeons are cross-server, so your moving to another server won't change a thing.
OK, thanks. I'll go through another few dungeons and see how it goes.

I'm currently guildless, so maybe I'll join the GAF guild.

The guild is active, just that no one posts on the forums or here. For the most part there's not many actual gaffers left, though. And most people are 60, so that's where you'll want to be to partake in activities with us.

By the way, it wasn't mentioned yet in this thread, but July 2 is our first big patch, and we finally got patch notes.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/patch-notes/patch-211301

All class balances up to date with KTERA, new 20v20 battlegrounds, and a lot of dungeon/BAM/miscellaneous retooling to make our client mirror the Korean one. What they say this will do is streamline future updates, so that they can release quicker and not have to be specifically tailored just for us every time. Hopefully they pull through on their promises.

No changes made to Berserker.

I'm not coming back. Fuck you too, Bluehole.

Kammie

No changes made to Berserker.

I'm not coming back. Fuck you too, Bluehole.
I imagine they'll have to at some point or another. I'm also hopeful that when the level cap is eventually introduced, we'll get new skills, maybe something to help us cope with our deficiencies.

For now I'm satisfied with warrior backstab being reduced to 10 meters. Should help out a bit. Warriors are my biggest issue with BGs right now.

Kammie

Berserkers already had their patch(es). They're by far the most powerful PvE DPS in the game. What more do you want?
They need stun/stagger protection for PvP purposes. Unlike other classes, we depend almost exclusively on charge attacks, and 90% of the time we get stunned while preparing an attack, and we're then just stunlocked to death since we have low endurance. Also, our hitwindows are miniscule, and considering the crazy desync that goes on in PvP in this game, should probably be expanded just a tiny bit to compensate.

Chromax

I finally decided to get into this game today but I have one question. I just made an account but I forgot about the whole Founder thing so I went ahead and ordered the CE from Amazon.

Can I still play today and just upgrade my account later into the CE + Founder when I get the game next week?

Izayoi

Banned
"Press Spacebar for OP Crits"?
lol

They need stun/stagger protection for PvP purposes. Unlike other classes, we depend almost exclusively on charge attacks, and 90% of the time we get stunned while preparing an attack, and we're then just stunlocked to death since we have low endurance. Also, our hitwindows are miniscule, and considering the crazy desync that goes on in PvP in this game, should probably be expanded just a tiny bit to compensate.
Eh. Never really been huge on PvP, but Zerks have a stagger-lock combo that can kill most anyone in one go. I don't do a whole lot of BGs, but when I do it's incredibly easy to top the leaderboards. Skyring is another story, granted, but most classes are unless there so I don't think it's really something to get upset about.

Kammie

Eh. Never really been huge on PvP, but Zerks have a stagger-lock combo that can kill most anyone in one go. I don't do a whole lot of BGs, but when I do it's incredibly easy to top the leaderboards. Skyring is another story, granted, but most classes are unless there so I don't think it's really something to get upset about.
Sadly for this you need godly ping, and not only that but half the time my attacks will go through even knocked-down opponents. The knock-down chain is more of an exploitation than anything--you can't even do it in EBG due to the missing double attack speed. We need some small modifications to our core mechanics, whose absence is not excused by a cheap tactic that most zerkers don't even know about.

Berserkers already had their patch(es). They're by far the most powerful PvE DPS in the game. What more do you want?

PvP balance

P

v

P

I don't give that much of a shit about PvE, especially Tera's Korean super-grind PvE. I just wanted to hit people with my big axe. Is that so fucking goddamned hard, Bluehole?

Izayoi

Banned
Sadly for this you need godly ping, and not only that but half the time my attacks will go through even knocked-down opponents. The knock-down chain is more of an exploitation than anything--you can't even do it in EBG due to the missing double attack speed. We need some small modifications to our core mechanics, whose absence is not excused by a cheap tactic that most zerkers don't even know about.
Cheap tactic? I'm not sure I agree. Archers and Warriors can also pull off similar combos. Players not knowing how to play their class isn't a good enough reason to justify buffing the class more than it has been already, I don't think. Zerks are really great all-arounders as they are now, and further buffs would lead to FotM.

I don't give that much of a shit about PvE, especially Tera's PvE. I just wanted to hit people with my big axe. Is that so fucking goddamned hard, Bluehole?
Learn the combo, wreck face. It's not hard.

"My class is only viable in massive scale zergs, in smaller scale arenas we are useless. But I'm okay with that, because I don't care about PvP anyways. My class is balanced because I say so and I ignore any evidence to the contrary!"

No. Just no.

There won't be any point to doing the faction stuff either if Bluehole can't ever be arsed to fix Zerker for fights smaller than BG-sized zerg vs. zerg.

Kammie

Cheap tactic? I'm not sure I agree. Archers and Warriors can also pull off similar combos. Players not knowing how to play their class isn't a good enough reason to justify buffing the class more than it has been already, I don't think. Zerks are really great all-arounders as they are now, and further buffs would lead to FotM.
How am I a great all-arounder if I can't even chase down a sorc or mystic? lol

I finally decided to get into this game today but I have one question. I just made an account but I forgot about the whole Founder thing so I went ahead and ordered the CE from Amazon.

Can I still play today and just upgrade my account later into the CE + Founder when I get the game next week?
Yes you can. Just redeem through the EME site later when you have your code.

Izayoi

Banned
"My class is only viable in massive scale zergs, in smaller scale arenas we are useless. But I'm okay with that, because I don't care about PvP anyways. My class is balanced because I say so and I ignore any evidence to the contrary!"

No. Just no.

There won't be any point to doing the faction stuff either if Bluehole can't ever be arsed to fix Zerker for fights smaller than BG-sized zerg vs. zerg.
Almost everyone is useless outside of Warrior, Lancer, and Mystic in structured Arena play. I'm not sure what your point is. Asking for just Zerkers to be buffed and nothing else is rather disingenuous.

All of PvP needs a complete rework if it is going to be truly balanced, begging for one class or another to be buffed or nerfed is going to help nothing.

How am I a great all-arounder if I can't even chase down a sorc or mystic? lol
A lot of people can't chase down a Sorc, and almost nobody can catch a Mystic. What's your point?

Almost everyone is useless outside of Warrior, Lancer, and Mystic in structured Arena play. I'm not sure what your point is. Asking for just Zerkers to be buffed and nothing else is rather disingenuous.

I wasn't asking for that, but no one could have failed to notice that Zerker was the only class which was left entirely unchanged from the latest patch notes. Bluehole just specifically doesn't care about Zerkers and they haven't almost since original Korean launch.

All of PvP needs a complete rework if it is going to be truly balanced, begging for one class or another to be buffed or nerfed is going to help nothing.

Everyone agrees with this statement, but my point was that within the current broken system, minimal effort is being made to improve Zerker but other classes have received regular changes (some good, some bad) throughout the game's life cycle. Bluehole is at least trying with the other classes. Slayers might be mad about Bluehole's changes on them, but all the other classes have in some way received buffs, even Lancers which have always been OP since Day -15.

Kammie

This is nonsense. Even within a broken system, you achieve some semblance of balance by leveling out the abilities within the different classes. When a certain skill like warrior backstab dominates over all others, shortening its range helps diminish what's a very one-sided advantage. You're not ever going to get an overhaul of the entire PvP system, so the next best thing one can hope for is a slow, class-by-class retooling of skills centered around community feedback.

Also, who ever said anyone here is asking for only zerkers to receive buffs? We play zerkers and we ask for changes to zerkers. Don't put words in anyone's mouth.

A lot of people can't chase down a Sorc, and almost nobody can catch a Mystic. What's your point?
My point is you say we're great all-arounders when we can't even chase an opponent down, regardless of what class they are. The only way this class excels is by profiting from the setups created by others. Some of the lowest base endurance in the game coupled with the slowest speed does not make for a great all-arounder. We depend on lucky back crits or exploiting double attack speed with block canceling to lock anyone down, both situations that are nearly impossible in one-vs-one scenarios.

Izayoi

Banned
I wasn't asking for that, but no one could have failed to notice that Zerker was the only class which was left entirely unchanged from the latest patch notes. Bluehole just specifically doesn't care about Zerkers and they haven't almost since original Korean launch.
That's simply not true. K-TERA Zerks were nowhere near as powerful as they are now. Several large buffs since Korean launch have made them the kings of PvE DPS, and ultimately TERA was and is a PvE game - two (three with the new patch) tacked-on PvP instances do not a solid PvP game make.

This is nonsense. Even within a broken system, you achieve some semblance of balance by leveling out the abilities within the different classes. When a certain skill like warrior backstab dominates over all others, shortening its range helps diminish what's a very one-sided advantage. You're not ever going to get an overhaul of the entire PvP system, so the next best thing one can hope for is a slow, class-by-class retooling of skills centered around community feedback.
PvP is an afterthought in TERA, the game was originally built exclusively for PvE. Hoping for any semblance of balance is, to be quite frank, awfully silly. Without a complete retooling of every class, balance will not happen.

My point is you say we're great all-arounders when we can't even chase an opponent down, regardless of what class they are. The only way this class excels is by profiting from the setups created by others. Some of the lowest base endurance in the game coupled with the slowest speed does not make for a great all-arounder. We depend on lucky back crits or exploiting double attack speed with block canceling to lock anyone down, both situations that are nearly impossible in one-vs-one scenarios.
All-rounder when it comes to PvP and PvE, as opposed to being great at one and terrible in the other.

The combo is actually easier in 1v1's, with nobody there to interrupt you. The only people I have trouble dealing with are Lancers in 1v1's, as it's rare to kill one in a single combo. You'll need to rely pretty heavily on Rib Crusher in order to deal with them, and that can be a problem depending on latency.

*pat pat*

There there Nono.

Now you have a excuse to create "Yesyes"!

im both yes and no ! :D

serena! saw you at bg the other day!

btw knxx >___> I have some gripes about this dungeon. was pugging it last week, and people just kept dying, rezzing in town and coming back and eventually cleared it. there are groups that are actually skilled at taking it down properly....... and then, there's the dieing and dieing and dieing way to do it. I just... idk. seems a bit cheapening the whole end-game gear game, the mayhem set.

.___.

Kammie

That's simply not true. K-TERA Zerks were nowhere near as powerful as they are now. Several large buffs since Korean launch have made them the kings of PvE DPS, and ultimately TERA was and is a PvE game - two (three with the new patch) tacked-on PvP instances do not a solid PvP game make.

PvP is an afterthought in TERA, the game was originally built exclusively for PvE. Hoping for any semblance of balance is, to be quite frank, awfully silly. Without a complete retooling of every class, balance will not happen.

All-rounder when it comes to PvP and PvE, as opposed to being great at one and terrible in the other.
As far as I understand, there are no PvE servers in KTERA. I'm not sure if there ever were in the first place, but with instanced PvP and the Alliance patch, PvP is a pretty big part of it at the moment, and the developers know they need it for longevity. PvP will open for several hours at a time on our PvE servers now, too. Balance is something they're going to have to work on. I don't think anyone honestly expects a perfect system, but keeping people from being stunlocked until they die is definitely something that they can retool, since they introduced all these stuns late into the game in the first place.

Also, no one here was complaining about PvE regarding zerkers. PvE is perfect for us. But if half the game is PvP, it's not unreasonable to expect our class to have an equal amount of strengths and weaknesses. As it stands, it's just lopsided, and our performance in PvE doesn't help justify an inability to compete in PvP.

btw knxx >___> I have some gripes about this dungeon. was pugging it last week, and people just kept dying, rezzing in town and coming back and eventually cleared it. there are groups that are actually skilled at taking it down properly....... and then, there's the dieing and dieing and dieing way to do it. I just... idk. seems a bit cheapening the whole end-game gear game, the mayhem set.

.___.
The cheapest thing is the DPS race at the end. The party wipes if you don't kill Kelsaik in a minute, but just have a bunch of you carrying a Goddess' Blessing, and revive right away, and you can just kill Kelsaik without issue. lol

It's true, I think getting Mayhem gear is super cheap. I guess the barrier with this is getting a group together to run it. :p

The cheapest thing is the DPS race at the end. The party wipes if you don't kill Kelsaik in a minute, but just have a bunch of you carrying a Goddess' Blessing, and revive right away, and you can just kill Kelsaik without issue. lol

It's true, I think getting Mayhem gear is super cheap. I guess the barrier with this is getting a group together to run it. :p

that's exactly what happened at the pug run. the dps couldn't finish kelsaik in the 15% burn and some people were just waiting outside at the teleporter, and some died but just goddess blessing or vow themselves back up, then pplz came back in, and had ALL THE TIME they need to finally finish kelsaik. It's like. zuh.

and voila, mayhem set drops !

>___>

I have all the respects for pplz who can organise skilled raid of 20 people, .... but as it is now, I sideeye the mayhem set a little bit cuz of the 'loophole' that pplz are abusing with clearing knxx.

Kammie

I have all the respects for pplz who can organise skilled raid of 20 people, .... but as it is now, I sideeye the mayhem set a little bit cuz of the 'loophole' that pplz are abusing with clearing knxx.
No need to "sideeye" it though, look at Regent. 99% of the people who have it acquired it by just purchasing through the broker. Not so different.

NeOak

No need to "sideeye" it though, look at Regent. 99% of the people who have it acquired it by just purchasing through the broker. Not so different.

And you wondered why i kept using the UTI robe.

I earned that one! :3

I'm full mayhem +12 now anyway lol

that's true, too .___. regents are just as acquirable. but i love mc, though. mchm and cof are probably the two dungeons that keep me entertained in tera.

im looking forward to the patch, especially cuz im mystic, but there are a few things that im not sure about. the increased quill drops (without the increased vitriol drops) and nerfing bams to be soloable, in particular.

Kammie

im looking forward to the patch, especially cuz im mystic, but there are a few things that im not sure about. the increased quill drops (without the increased vitriol drops) and nerfing bams to be soloable, in particular.
Vits will be attainable through 5-man training grounds when the alliance patch hits. I think it's fine, as you'll still need to do MCHM for quills. The difference is that you won't have to farm it for four months to get all your pieces, so you can concentrate on some of the newer content instead.

We'll have to see how the BAMs pan out. But if these changes mean faster (and more) patches, I'm all for it. Not getting patches until five months after KTERA is just inexcusable.

^

that's reassuring :D

i see your point about quill drops, i guess in my guild, people have scattered rng luck. one zerker got 3 quills after 12 mchm runs. the other got 3 after about 16. and then there was one that only got 1 after 65 runs....

as for vits, I've seen only one dropped, and i farmed the arzakaar guardians daily.... its mind numbing, the vit farming. >__<

and yes, i love soloing bams on my warrior alt, and if they are going to be nerfed, im gonna be a little sad. however, if it means game growth, im all for it too! newer contents ftw <3

Styles

Someone needs to carry me through knxx please.

I hope TR is one of the two servers that wins the triple drop this weekend.

We'll have to see how the BAMs pan out. But if these changes mean faster (and more) patches, I'm all for it. Not getting patches until five months after KTERA is just inexcusable.

NCSoft waits a year or more to patch their Korean localized games. See Aion for an example. 5 months is actually pretty timely for this sort of thing.

Top Bottom