• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 24 Hours of Le Mans 2014 |OT| Audi, Porsche, Toyota. One Winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portman

So what happened there, did that Ferrari come into them to fast and cause it or was the accident already happening and the Ferrari just got caught up in it? What they get for not going full wet tires and trying to make it on intermediates.

Mastah

BqGPqU9CAAAF2xg.jpg:orig

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
The Porsche caused the accident I think on the onboard replay

Let's see how good the Toyota mechanics are.

Looks like Lapierre's Toyota, not the GT Ferrari, was the cause of that wreck.

Replay just showed him losing the car and getting sideways before taking the other cars out.

LoveCake

The Toyota in the pits, whats the cover type thing they have put on the front of the car, is it something to check the alignment or geometry ?

Jezbollah

Oliver Javis (#3 Audi): "We were going very slow because of the conditions, but it looks like we got hit by a Ferrari going at full pace"...

TylerD

Replay just showed him losing the car and getting sideways before taking the other cars out.

It looked to me like the #8 Toyota lost control and crashed and then the GT Ferrari rammed the #3 Audi from behind. Just a huge mess right there.

The Porsche caused the accident I think on the onboard replay

Let's see how good the Toyota mechanics are.
The Porsche didn't do anything (apart from sideswipe the wall).

Toyota came in too fast and wiped himself out.

Ferrari plowed into the back of the Audi.

Looked like the Toyota miraculously missed everything (except the wall)

Portman

Kinda infuriating that the Toyota causes that by barreling into them way to fast and then survives to limp back to the pits like a drunk driver surviving a crash. At least everyone's safe and Audi has 2 more cars, hopefully the rain racing will be cleaner and smarter after this incident.

Juicy Bob

From the live onboard, I was just surprised that the Corvette was quicker than the Toyota.

I wondered whether Nico was slowing for a SC or something, because he just seemed especially slow. Maybe it really was undriveable out there...

Dilly

Banned
Kinda infuriating that the Toyota causes that by barreling into them way to fast and then survives to limp back to the pits like a drunk driver surviving a crash. At least everyone's safe and Audi has 2 more cars, hopefully the rain racing will be cleaner and smarter after this incident.

Biggest damage on the Audi was from the Ferrari rear ending it.

It looked to me like the #8 Toyota lost control and crashed and then the GT Ferrari rammed the #3 Audi from behind. Just a huge mess right there.

They just showed it again, and you're right.

Lapierre spun and might have tagged the Audi, but the real damage was done by the Ferrari. So yeah, it's always a Ferrari; I never should have doubted them. :p

As noted, Toyota only screwed themselves up with that. The Audi may have gotten clipped by the initial impact (but honestly it looked like he jogged left to avoid the carnage)

Then Ferrari came in and put 3rd place overall out of the race.

Chiramii

The first link is showing tennis but the 2nd one is working thanks. It's very letterboxed though, is that normal?
You can easily change the aspect ratio of the stream on your own using VLC. Not sure if that's possible with other media players like WMP or MPC though.

andylsun

Thank goodness for fox sports go! Watching on my phone while we are on a long car journey. The great thing is when they go to an ad break on the TV feed they keep the go feed on the race, so you get a few minutes of footage with no commentey.

It's ace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom