• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 24 Hours of Le Mans 2014 |OT| Audi, Porsche, Toyota. One Winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audi is quadruple-stinting their tires, whereas Toyota can only triple-stint. As long as the R18s can stay on the lead lap, or close, Toyota winning the race may not be a sure thing.

E92 M3

Dammit, Comcast doesn't carry Fox Sports 2. Shit I miss, the regular Speed channel that covered racing properly. Where is a good place to watch the race - any streams since Fox Sports 1 is ending. (Watch Fox 2 stream - love Bob Varsha and the gang.)

TylerD

Dammit, Comcast doesn't carry Fox Sports 2. Shit I miss, the regular Speed channel that covered racing properly. Where is a good place to watch the race - any streams since Fox Sports 1 is ending. (Watch Fox 2 stream - love Bob Varsha and the gang.)

PM Sent. I am in the same boat.

Here is the link to a compendium for a bunch of options for following via twitter, audio, video, etc.

http://reillybrennan.com/post/87874274460/2014-24-hours-of-le-mans-couch-kit-streaming-all-the

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Night is falling slowly and then, weird things happens in Le Mans - like 458 suddenly turning into LMP1s

and one more thing - that headlights on LMPs, how strong are they?

Comcast (Xfinity) here, too. Just get the Fox Sports GO app, (if your provider is eligible), as they stream the entire race without commercial interruption. Stream to your TV via HDMI and you're set.

TylerD

Night is falling slowly and then, weird things happens in Le Mans - like 458 suddenly turning into LMP1s

and one more thing - that headlights on LMPs, how strong are they?

I haven't seen them run at night yet but in previous years the LED headlights on the Audis were like suns.

E92 M3

Comcast (Xfinity) here, too. Just get the Fox Sports GO app, (if your provider is eligible), as they stream the entire race without commercial interruption. Stream to your TV via HDMI and you're set.

According to their schedule Fox Go will only stream for an hour, but I'll check it out!

edit: Is this only for mobile?

Night time, baby.

Love night racing, so much.

Me too! It's so intense.

OK, me and the missus are go for staying at the track through the night. Veterans... Tell us where to go. So far we've only really done from s bit below the Ferris wheel to Dunlop bridge.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I haven't seen them run at night yet but in previous years the LED headlights on the Audis were like suns.

Yeah i know, GT drivers complained about that. I wonder how much more powerful they are compared to car's headlight bulbs.

Jezbollah

It started slowing down to about +6 secs per lap and Hartley made a few mistakes. Webber doesn't seem to have the pace either, or the car has an issue.

It's just been stated that after Hartley got out and Webber took over that they're nursing a problem with the car.

blanky

It's just been stated that after Hartley got out and Webber took over that they're nursing a problem with the car.

Figures as much, it would be weird that both drivers are significantly slower than their sister car. I hope they can fix it but that seems unlikely

E92 M3

It's Webber. Of course the car has a problem.

iJHOcWp.jpg

blanky

What are the flashing lights that you sometimes see trackside? Are they triggered by cars towards the end of a high speed straight?

They're aids for the marshalls. So flashing blue is a blue flag means you're slow and should let someone pass for instance.

blanky

So how's Porsche coming along? I'm a big Porsche-phile so it's a little disheartening seeing them holding in 4th and 5th place.

It's their first time back again, that's never gonna go smooth. They seem to have issues with both cars with braking/energy recovery system. But not crippling yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom