• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

My dad's side of the family keeps taking hit after hit, holy fuckin shit.

Last July, my cousin committed suicide. She was 23, my aunt's only child.

My mom calls me this morning, telling me she got home last night and my dad was just sitting there in a daze. He tells her his other sister's son... Got high on LSD and stabbed someone. Attempted murder charge. His life is finished.

My mom was on the phone almost in tears making me promise her I'll get my shit together.

Numb

My mom calls me this morning, telling me she got home last night and my dad was just sitting there in a daze. He tells her his other sister's son... Got high on LSD and stabbed someone. Attempted murder charge. His life is finished.

My mom was on the phone almost in tears making me promise her I'll get my shit together.

Damn
Sad to hear that fam. Hope things get better

Slayven

Man sorry to ehar that

Damn. Stay strong

Yikes. Sorry your family has to deal with that at all. Have there been signs of this stuff in the family or did these things just happen out of nowhere?

Slayven got them mad.

Bernie is giving reparations y'all. He just happens to be giving it to everyone. We are being selfish and shortsighted. We are getting in the way of our 40 acres by being stubborn mules.

We need to be horses like jandro

So sorry. Keep your head up, kid..

Numb

I am late as fuck but whatever.

Where you're from - New Orleans, LA
Where you live - Atlanta, GA
What is your age? - 24
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - My whole family is 100% Black as far as I know.
Do you know your roots - No, not really Sadly
Favorite musical genre - Instrumental Hip-Hop, R&B, VG Music
Your profession/major/career interest - Information Systems, IT, Database Management. Still a student. (Graduating this year though)
Your religious affiliation - None
Hobbies - Video Games, Manga, Anime, Digital Art
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Bojangles, easily

Sup people, been on GAF forever but never posted in this thread for some reason.

I'm going to get drunk soon so if I say something weird later, my b. I might end up just passing out instead.

See me in SFV come Tuesday.
Welcome welcome
Never can be late
Down for the SFV thingy

A tone vacuum, What is Killer Mike and Cornell West doing?
The dude in the corner "You just fucked up" face makes it

My personal opinion: Killer Mike actually thinks that Bernie Sanders has good ideas. Dear Brother Cornel West just has a hate for President Obama that is so strong that he is willing to support a man who wanted to primary him.

Dai101

Banned

That's fucked. Sorry to hear that and i can't do much but to wish you and your family the best and to stay strong.

Mis mejores deseos para ti y tu familia.

Damn dude.

You have my condolences. Stay up, and make sure you've got people to talk to.

Kreed

Its going to be Prop 8 all over again

"Too little too late"
RIP Gaborn

My personal opinion: Killer Mike actually thinks that Bernie Sanders has good ideas. Dear Brother Cornel West just has a hate for President Obama that is so strong that he is willing to support a man who wanted to primary him.

Yeah I don't see the issue with Killer Mike/West supporting Sanders vs West himself becoming a clown by attacking Obama all the time. Killer Mike as far as I know hasn't done/said anything stupid in public. My only real negative opinion of Sanders right now outside of his elect-ability chances are his "he is the second coming" supporters excusing everything he does in regards to missteps he's had trying to get more support from black people. No matter what he does it's "Well he's better than Hilary" or some other line from a anti-Bernie response generator. Like is anyone excusing Hilary going on TV shows doing the Nae Nae or the Dab?

HilaryBro: "Well, she can do the Nae Nae cause she walked with Martin Luther King Obama."

Kraftwerk

damn. Very sorry to hear man. Feel free to pm me if you ever need to talk.

You mean the thread where you have a bunch of non black posters quoting the same "yay a black man that agrees with me" post over and over in order to bury supporting discussion or the "LOL, fix your own damn problems Americans" one?

Honestly a general moratorium on race discussion would probably be for everyone's benefit.

Feenix, stay up and remember we're here for you.

Slayven

Slayven got them mad.

Bernie is giving reparations y'all. He just happens to be giving it to everyone. We are being selfish and shortsighted. We are getting in the way of our 40 acres by being stubborn mules.

We need to be horses like jandro
For real why do every bernie thread turn into people trying to psycho analyzing me?

Cornel think we forgot how he got aired out over being thirsty as fuck for anita baker.
Honestly a general moratorium on race discussion would probably be for everyone's benefit.

Feenix, stay up and remember we're here for you.

Yeah I am about to burnd out. Going to get back to talking about folks in funny underwear shooting lasers out their eyes

Bubba T

latest

Each time I hear a Republican talk about fiscal policy I think of Agrabah. I can never look at Aladdin the same again.

did i mention that I'm a bernie supporter?

and what's a cudgel?

I think you did in this OT or the last one.

A cudgel is a low level weapon in RPGs that look like a wooden drumstick.

You were making a valid point about how bad things can get if resentment grew within his administration. He hasn't been able to control the narrative around his campaign. His vocal supporters have damaged him with many minorities. He also suffers from being too economically focused.The problem with economics is that the colorblind nature of them almost always leads to blacks being left out.

Mizerman

For real why do every bernie thread turn into people trying to psycho analyzing me?

Because they're to save themselves through you.

That, or they're just willfully blind.

I'm sorry to hear about that, Feenix. Damn...

Cornel think we forgot how he got aired out over being thirsty as fuck for anita baker.

Yeah I am about to burnd out. Going to get back to talking about folks in funny underwear shooting lasers out their eyes

I'm not going to hate on the man being caught up in the rapture of Anita Baker. Old school thirst is still real. :)

I'm a little saddened that politics has flooded into this space, but I guess it was inevitable. I do appreciate that people are being comparatively civil about things, like a virtual barbershop (ahem).

I'm sure we'll be back to talking about horse puns in a moment. :)

Also: Feenix, you have my condolences.

Slayven

I'm not going to hate on the man being caught up in the rapture of Anita Baker. Old school thirst is still real. :)

I'm a little saddened that politics has flooded into this space, but I guess it was inevitable. I do appreciate that people are being comparatively civil about things, like a virtual barbershop (ahem).

I'm sure we'll be back to talking about horse puns in a moment. :)

Also: Feenix, you have my condolences.

We could be talking about how Chingy hasn't dropped anything in a while>?

Shy

My condolences to you and your family Feenix. I'm am so so sorry to hear that.

Like everyone else has said, if you ever need to lean on us, we're here for you.

I really appreciate the love guys, thanks and virtual hugs to yall.

And now I'm sitting in the library because the power went out at the house and it's cold.

Top Bottom