• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
This makes the assumption most know many gothic lolita outfits lol

tl;dr,
gothic lolita, the name is self explanatory. It's not just gothic French maid like outfits, but it's meant to give us an impression of youth (which is why it's cringy).

2B's is like if Alexander McQueen had a take on gothic lolita during his London collection ~~ it's sexy, for a grown woman. The visible panties isn't the sexy part, it's the fact that the outfit has a space to show off the upper thigh. The skirt is long at the front, but short on the sides.

It's not something for lolita to wear. Especially since it has a display for cleavage but by means of a pattern.

I dunno, from the little I know about fashion from being dragged to every exhibition and looking at the shit people wear in Harajuku, 2B's outfit is like a goddamn revolution in a genre that's quite frankly, usually distasteful.

If it weren't from a game and was part of a collection, I think it would get a lot of praise by outlets.

~~~

Hmm https://m.liveleak.com/view?i=e44_1491322560

Numb

tl;dr,
gothic lolita, the name is self explanatory. It's not just gothic French maid like outfits, but it's meant to give us an impression of youth (which is why it's cringy).

2B's is like if Alexander McQueen had a take on gothic lolita during his London collection ~~ it's sexy, for a grown woman. The visible panties isn't the sexy part, it's the fact that the outfit has a space to show off the upper thigh. The skirt is long at the front, but short on the sides.

It's not something for lolita to wear. Especially since it has a display for cleavage but by means of a pattern.

I dunno, from the little I know about fashion from being dragged to every exhibition and looking at the shit people wear in Harajuku, 2B's outfit is like a goddamn revolution in a genre that's quite frankly, usually distasteful.

If it weren't from a game and was part of a collection, I think it would get a lot of praise by outlets.

~~~

Hmm https://m.liveleak.com/view?i=e44_1491322560
I'll take your word for it

----

When you haven't turned on your PS Vita for so long it asks for what the date is
full

Johndoey

Banned
No but seriously 2B's outfit is needlessly fetishistic garbage.

It's a modified Magical Girl outfit there's nothing particularly special about it.

Izuna

Banned
Security check required prior to BCT 2018 cookout admittance:

Izuna
SENPAIatLARGE
JohnDoey
zeemumu
harSon

That's not fair, I haven't seen anime in a million years.

No but seriously 2B's outfit is needlessly fetishistic garbage.

It's a modified Magical Girl outfit there's nothing particularly special about it.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Beefy

Beefy is gonna have a damn cow when he sees this thread. So lets switch over to video games instead. So, I need to get back into Nioh and Bloodborne. But Overwatch is taking all my time.

This thread has strayed so far from the light that it can't get back.
---------------------------

Morning BCT, hope you all are good.

tl;dr,

One of my best friends similarly has a big interest in gothic lolita fashion, and every time a game comes out that has a character like 2B, she usually dumps tons of information about the outfit and how it compares to actual gothic lolita fashion on me.

You learned this stuff from your ex you posted about, didn't you. :p

Izuna

Banned
One of my best friends similarly has a big interest in gothic lolita fashion, and every time a game comes out that has a character like 2B, she usually dumps tons of information about the outfit and how it compares to actual gothic lolita fashion on me.

You learned this stuff from your ex, didn't you. :p

FWIW, yeah, haha.

I went to her with the costume and she pointed out that it was gothic lolita-like... Like, it didn't even occur to me, and I began exploring why and formed an opinion.

McQueen would cut the fabric in strange places, like the sides, neck etc. To expose the parts he thought were more sexual to look at, as opposed to the obvious. I think at the very least, 2B's outfit had a lot of thought put into it.

~~

I don't know if she's my ex, Bae, wifey or w/e. It's tiring to think about.

Hope everyone professing their hate for anime smashed their copies of Persona 5, Nioh, Nier, Bloodborne, Guilty Gear and SFV. Make sure you clean yourself after, don't want that anime scent on you when your done. From here on out discussion of Japanese games can't be tolerated, can't risk another anime infection breaking out.
Am I doing it right?

LionPride

Banned
Hope everyone professing their hate for anime smashed their copies of Persona 5, Nioh, Nier, Bloodborne, Guilty Gear and SFV. Make sure you clean yourself after, don't want that anime scent on you when your done. From here on out discussion of Japanese games can't be tolerated, can't risk another anime infection breaking out.
Am I doing it right?
Don't own any of them games

I'm pure

Normal wake up time. Just gets to you doing it every day.

#Fuckthegrind

I know that feel, I hit 3 am everyday. But that grind gets that paper. 🤑

Am I doing it right?

I own none of them, but perhaps you may add Tekken to that list when it hits then I'll own it.

Izuna

Banned
Watchmen is incredible, shits on everything in the DCU

But only the extended cut because otherwise the pacing is not great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom