• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Showing off potential pillows for slayven

This Konsuba anime is funny as fuck, yall should peep it

I watched it. It was pretty good.

Anime needs to be banned.

It was inevitable really. Snoop embraced it. How could we not follow

There's some that isn't terrible/crazy stuff, so I dunno about banned. Lot of questionable stuff comes from that side of animation, though.

Agreed. There are some really good anime like Jojo, Gin Tama, One Punch Man, Fist of the North Star, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and many more. But yeah, some really fucked up stuff exists in the genre as well.

Sch1sm

Finished that show..

Check Discord whenever you're not busy, then.

Agreed. There are some really good anime like Jojo, Gin Tama, One Punch Man, Fist of the North Star, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and many more. But yeah, some really fucked up stuff exists in the genre as well.

Same can be said for every single type of media out there, but anime toes some interesting lines between NTR/eroge/whatever.

It's all YMMV on what introduces you to it and what you watch from then on.

Modern anime is trashhhh

Alternatively, you have your nostalgia shades on too strong for old anime.

Check Discord whenever you're not busy, then.

Same can be said for every single type of media out there, but anime toes some interesting lines between NTR/eroge/whatever.

It's all YMMV on what introduces you to it and what you watch from then on.

Alternatively, you have your nostalgia shades on too strong for old anime.

I guess. I havent seen any anime since Kill la Kill and Baccano and that was a while back. I need some more suggestions for modern anime.

I guess. I havent seen any anime since Kill la Kill and Baccano and that was a while back. I need some more suggestions for modern anime.

i-can-show.gif

• Psycho Pass (Excellent futuristic cop show, dont watch past season one)
  • Mob Psycho 100 (Really good action show about self betterment)
  • Konosuba (If you hate modern nime, and love Always Sunny in Philadelphia)
  • One Punch Man
  • My Hero Academia
  • Little Witch Academia
  • Re:Zero (The main protagonist gets actively punished for being an useless otaku)
  • And lastly, if you want absurd comedic fanservice Shogeki no Soma is pretty good.
I also hear good things about gatchaman crowds, wasnt my cup of tea but it has an amazing theme.

Izuna

Banned
Nostalgia shades don't aren't explaining hand drawn > key frames, and the more Moe look

The stories are probably dope, but the art style is a big no no with modern anime.

i-can-show.gif

• Psycho Pass (Excellent futuristic cop show, dont watch past season one)
  • Mob Psycho 100 (Really good action show about self betterment)
  • Konosuba (If you hate modern nime, and love Always Sunny in Philadelphia)
  • One Punch Man
  • My Hero Academia
  • Little Witch Academia
  • Re:Zero (The main protagonist gets actively punished for being an useless otaku)
  • And lastly, if you want absurd comedic fanservice Shogeki no Soma is pretty good.
I also hear good things about gatchaman crowds, wasnt my cup of tea but it has an amazing theme.

-Psycho Pass-I like the look of the gun. It looks awesome.
-Mob Psycho 100-Seen that one actually. Hehe. It was awesome.
-Konosuba-Is it really that good?
-One Punch Man-I need to watch this, immediately.
-Little Witch Academia-Saw the OVA for this. Didnt know it was a show now.
-Re:Zero-Heard about this. Dark souls the anime they called it.
-Shogeki no Soma-Ah yes, foodgasms the anime.
-Gatchaman Crowds-Have the theme saved on my soundcloud playlist.

Edit: I agree with Sch1sm. Izuna, you are kinda painting a pretty broad brush for modern anime.

Kreed

Is your activism performative or substantive? One New Jersey teen knew exactly how to show his answer to that question when filling out his application to Stanford University. Asked “What matters to you, and why?” the teen could think of only one thing: #BlackLivesMatter.

Ziad Ahmed wrote the hashtag #BlackLivesMatter 100 times, and that one act of activism paid off. According to a Mic profile of Ahmed, he received his letter of acceptance from Stanford on Friday.

Muslim Teen Writes #BlackLivesMatter 100 Times for His Stanford Application Statement, Gets Accepted

Nostalgia shades don't aren't explaining hand drawn > key frames, and the more Moe look

The stories are probably dope, but the art style is a big no no with modern anime.

If only there was a modern anime that mixed hand drawn animation, unique and revolutionary animation techniques and had its own unique non moe style.

On a completely unrelated note, heres Mob Psycho 100:

71b58e8b27fba55e63662198949d3b5158f72981_hq.gif

899d16efcefceef0c56a783db14cec0754cc62ff_hq.gif

2016-09-06-11-11-30-tumblr_oa5xzlwZ8l1r3rdh2o1_540.gif

f3dbee99bbf07005a517f07ea576ec135e3938ed_hq.gif

85da098ef8ef5f74c9665ea532827d1e9b8252be_hq.gif

If only there was a modern anime that mixed hand drawn animation, unique and revolutionary animation techniques and had its own unique non moe style.

71b58e8b27fba55e63662198949d3b5158f72981_hq.gif

899d16efcefceef0c56a783db14cec0754cc62ff_hq.gif

2016-09-06-11-11-30-tumblr_oa5xzlwZ8l1r3rdh2o1_540.gif

f3dbee99bbf07005a517f07ea576ec135e3938ed_hq.gif

85da098ef8ef5f74c9665ea532827d1e9b8252be_hq.gif

So many colors. Holy shit.

Edit: The anime cycle is now the only cycle. Also video games. And maybe sometimes music.

More anime suggestions:
durarara!! (Same ppl behind boccanno)
Gurren Lagann (previous work from kill lankill folks, also their best wor imo)
Drifters (crazy show that takes ppl from across actual history and pits them against eachother, this isnt a spoiler since its neither confirmed or denied but im pretty sure the bad guy is jesus christ, just cause of the things the dude says and his powers)
Your Lie in April (more grounded slice of life show, you will most likely tear up tbh)
Ping pong the animation(just watch this, one of my favorite animes, another grounded show, more character driven)
kuroko no basket (Basketball anime but really dramatic in typical anime fashion, i just started watching this myself)

Also ya mob is amazing, def watch that too

D i Z

I cant imagine going to this thread and getting upset because other people like a thing you dont like.

Who's upset? The conversation flows in both directions. It's part of the cycle. I can't imagine someone getting upset because some people don't like a think that you do.

I cant imagine going to this thread and getting upset because other people like a thing you dont like.

This! Come on my BCT brothers and sisters, realize this is the truth.

*Climbs onto a tower and stands before everyone.*

We got the Marvel fans with the DC fans. We got the anime fans with the Western Animation fans. We got the Tekken fans with the Street Fighter fans and nobody is hating on nobody...most of the time. But the point is, we may have our likes and dislikes, but we can't let those dislikes ruin our day, no matter even if it is anime. Because the important thing is...our interests and hobbies define every single one of us!

Can you dig it? Can you dig it? CAN YOU DIG IT?

Also, most importantly you must dedicate time to watch the greatest anime of our lifetime, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Truly a masterpiece. This goes to everyone, not just anime fans

Zekes!

It's too bad that not enough people know that Mob Psycho 100 is ONE's best work, not One-Punch Man

I am my local mini mart and I am staring at a row of "Rap Snacks".

I am sincerely not even joking.

Jalapeno Fetty Wap Chips
Sour Cream and Ranch Migos?!

The fuck?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom