• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faustek

Yo, currently feeling queasy from breakfast, laying down to stop the spinning. You?

Came back to work from a 2 week staycation. I shouldn't complain but I really don't like working above people. People are so horrible to each other and it don't seem to understand that not everyone is in on the "joke".

Old man salt

Well...there sure is salt there but at the same time I can understand why he was stupid enough to not see the potential in games. Especially in Poland at the time. Piracy was the defacto way to get games.
May it be a lesson to everyone to always go for the royalties and if you are really in a need try to get a mix.

Faustek

I think I saw that word today. No clue myself tho. Lake Thingymajiggy, we did motorboting.

~~~

There is justice in the world: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...en-custody-latest-prank-parents-a7713376.html

Yeah I've only been up to lake windysomethingsomething and stayed at the Macdonald hotel/spa. I remember us driving from Lancaster up to Windysomething. Man those lakes are beautiful.

This book I am reading has the most depressing superhero origin ever

Fill us in.

Good morning BCT.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Also I hope WeAreStarStuff drops in this thread. I might pm the guy because I have a situation somewhat related but no where near as ridiculous. Would love to hash it out with another brother dealing with issues of being in an interracial relationship.

Came back to work from a 2 week staycation. I shouldn't complain but I really don't like working above people. People are so horrible to each other and it don't seem to understand that not everyone is in on the "joke".

Sounds like you got a story about this, care to share? I was the opposite, always had a problem with working for people.

Thanks Doey

Life is good. Reading how millions of dollars makes it ok to be called a niggar, but 400k for a speech is an abandonment of ethics. Just another day here with our liberal allies.

Our liberal allies can fuck off somewhere. Hypocritical bastards, every last one of them.

---------

Morning, everyone.

Beefy

C-z7phoXsAAQdn-.jpg

The fuck

Was just laughing at that very thing..truly amazing.

I would call them gymnastics, but I truly feel that word is like the one ring from LOTR. They lost it and they need to have it back.

The money arguments are another thing entirely. They can't tell me shit when their savior's wife is under FBI investigation for foolishness

Congrats man, you got this.

3h5pe45FM9qUM.gif

Thanks Capt

And that gif is the perfect response

Slayven

Yeah I've only been up to lake windysomethingsomething and stayed at the Macdonald hotel/spa. I remember us driving from Lancaster up to Windysomething. Man those lakes are beautiful.

Fill us in.

Let's hear it

dude gets shot in the back in the head and is paralyzed from the neck down, develops telekinetic powers. So he pretty much works his body like a puppet. He has no control over his bladder or bowels so on his quest for answers he has to stop and break into stores stealing depends/adult diapers and wet wipes.

So yeah someone made a book about the american dad joke Mind Quad

Had my last practical final for my culinary arts program today. I did an Cantonese chicken, with honey ginger zucchini and ginger rice.

I aced that test like:
tumblr_oorhn3NFBS1v3aw67o1_500.gif

All that's left is a written test and I'm done.
If I ever decide to ride around a fantasy world in a convertible with three other dudes wearing all black, I'll give you a call.

Beefy

Some girl added me on insta looks like the goddess that was in American Gods Episode 1, I'm scared fam. ��

---------

Congrats Senpai

Had my last practical final for my culinary arts program today. I did an Cantonese chicken, with honey ginger zucchini and ginger rice.

I aced that test like:

Congrats!
Tell me what books and resources I should be looking at to improve my skills? I know I won't be able to achieve your talent but feel free to point a brother to some knowledge.

Congrats!
Tell me what books and resources I should be looking at to improve my skills? I know I won't be able to achieve your talent but feel free to point a brother to some knowledge.
You can pick up a used textbook for 60 or less.
I own this one:
http://m.barnesandnoble.com/p/professional-cooking-wayne-gisslen/1119703412/2676683484093?st=PLA&sid=BNB_DRS_Marketplace+Shopping+Textbooks_00000000&2sid=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP20411&k_clickid=3x20411
The most important thing to learn in cooking is flavors and cooking techniques. You want to learn how to fry, sauté, braise, roast, etc and what tastes good with what. If you know your flavors you can recover ruined meals and adapt to changes on the fly.
Also, try as much unusual and foreign food as possible, and try to get recipes for it. Expanding your palette is key.

Faustek

Our liberal allies can fuck off somewhere. Hypocritical bastards, every last one of them.

In my life as when Push comes to shove I've only ever seen 4 people stand up. They are now and forever my friends and I'm the godfather to two of the siblings kids.

smfh

I aced that test like:

Good luck on the test.
EDIT: ahh you aced the practical test, grats man. I just saw the fancy win screen and missed the text above :)
Anyway, you want how much for catering the BCT cookout?

Sounds like you got a story about this, care to share? I was the opposite, always had a problem with working for people.

It started with an chonie thief so that got me kinda more involved. I had to see what was up because the people directly under me is supposed to fill me in as I have other responsibilities but due to the fact that it had been ongoing for so long I have zero confidence in them. Started interviewing the young ones at work and shit I got to hear what they have to accept is horrible. Old men talking about how women shouldn't have the same salary due to the fact that they aren't as smart or as strong as a man, from a chemical engineer this is as well...like what the fuck? The strength you need to lift a damn test tube is a non issue. Men that call each other whatever insult they can come up with and everyone else has to accept that as well no matter what. People using the intercom system to blaze out how badly they feel about one particular person. Having a go about how the young ones should do the Negrojob or they are gay of some sort. So shit like that. I Have been in contact with HR and tried to have them green light some sort of training akin to sensitivity training, kinda to give them one last chance to actually realise that they are behaving like idiots. This would be for the workers and engineers alike. But no. HR don't see any wrong in anything and that that's just "men being men". I talked to the locus chief and he was the same. Just "men being men".

And this isn't the first time. HR have been hiring people they are related to for years and I have fired the same people for years. Going above them and ignoring them as much as possible. I mean I can deal with nepotism of sort but HR seems to be this own thing no one dares to mess with. Especially not their relatives. Ok so sure, 1300 people here. No one would notice a handful of disgusting people but they have this annoying habit of ending up in my house. Which btw was forced on me. I liked having a team of 30ish people, managing them and talking up our products to costumers but now I suddenly have 220 more people to be responsible for, they centered R&D together with PD. No I don't like it. Especially not when those under me responsible for all them refuse to actually be responsible or keep me informed about the well being of people. So yes, I go work knowing that no one gives a shit about how things are. As long as the money comes in I could build a damn ring and make people fight each other for fun and no one would care.

Sorry to seem like a hippie but anyone with half a brain cell do understand the correlation between being well mentally at work and being sick or doing a bad job. Not to mention the dangerous moments that occur in the work itself. It's stressful enough knowing that you can kill yourself and your work "mates" if you fuck up badly but being in a hostile work environment atop of that? I don't see any of the young ones staying or anyone wanting to work for us in the future. I don't want to work for us right now either.

Johndoey

Banned

I aced that test like:

Good for you man! The food looks Ace.
--
I'm​not feeling how American Gods looks so far. Like the actual design of certain aspects of the show. The opening was a bit too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom