• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

What kind of G would I be if I answered this?

I will call you later

The_Real_Story_Behind_Black_Guy_On_The_Phone_Meme-500x500.jpg

Numb

Your mom is still probably going to try and marry you off the next time someone gets married. 😂

She went to some extreme levels before but she knows she can't crack me
Funny when we got to the same wedding and we make eye contact like some western standoff

bmsHK4b.gif

Slayven

You joke
Seen this happen a dozen times
Avatar has the potential to be in any timeline with new characters and locations
It's like Doctor who and Jojo but no they just left it like that

True, they just need a better protag than Korra

Kreed

Being a literal starving artist is frustrating. I spent the past three days at my town's carnival trying to sell off all of my art because I'm giving up my art and I'm unemployed with no money and my mother said I have to start paying for my own food. So the first day I tried to go on the DL and sell some of my stuff. A couple hours in when I was talking to a black couple some town ordinance guy walked up to me and basically said to get out of there and don't make me call the cops. Still went around trying to see if any of the vendors will let me sell with them and split the profits. Got nothing from any of them, but I found a black owned store nearby who said I could set up a table in front and won't charge me. I came back the next day and set up my table, but no one bit. Plenty of people said my stuff looks good and gave away a bunch of my business cards, but I didn't sell a damn thing. Went there today and nothing either.
I didn't eat at all yesterday and had to beg my mother to eat today. It is so fucking hard being an artist. No job and I can't even sell my shit off when I'm desperate.

I'm assuming you don't have any art events/art walks in your town? Are you selling any prints of your work (smaller copies for 20-50 dollars) or just the originals?

You joke
Seen this happen a dozen times
Avatar has the potential to be in any timeline with new characters and locations
It's like Doctor who and Jojo but no they just left it like that

I remember brainstorming about an Earth Avatar series that took place in that world's equivalent of the 70's.

Sch1sm

She went to some extreme levels before but she knows she can't crack me
Funny when we got to the same wedding and we make eye contact like some western standoff

bmsHK4b.gif

Life. I just avoid family functions. I don't have the time or energy. I pawn everything off on cousins older than me who aren't married yet. It's the only way.

*2 weeks later numb was married off*

I'm sure he'll pay your owner so his girl can ride in on something.

Numb

I remember brainstorming about an Earth Avatar series that took place in that world's equivalent of the 70's.

the next avatar better be an earth nation brother with fast twitch bending

Everyone wants an earth brotha with a fro
Life. I just avoid family functions. I don't have the time or energy. I pawn everything off on cousins older than me who aren't married yet. It's the only way.
Same
Weddings are the only gatherings i'll go to due to the utter madness,dancing,food and even more madness

live footage of numb at last wedding

full

RedSwirl

My younger sis got kids
The heat has settled down from grandkids demand since then

Makes sure to use them as a scapepgoat

Same situation, but my nephews' mother is white, so the pressure from my dad isn't all the way gone.

Come to think of it though, almost all my male first cousins are going through the same thing, and just struggling to stay financially afloat.

I have this recurring nightmare that Sony, in a desperate attempt to make the most money from the Spiderman franchise will straight up do a clone saga movie. Or even worse, a spider verse trilogy.

LionPride

Banned
I have this recurring nightmare that Sony, in a desperate attempt to make the most money from the Spiderman franchise will straight up do a clone saga movie. Or even worse, a spider verse trilogy.
Please

I need to see that shit on screen

I wanna see Ben Reily

Speaking of Spider-Man...Miguel O'Hara when? I want my Latino/Irish Spidy who is a fucking crazy man.

Numb

I would prefer dreads but im biased, I cant wait for bending while black to be a thing :D
If we learned anything from the terrible live action movie your dreaded avatar will become white
You messed up giving Sony spidey movies thought space

Numb

Low key the Fantastic Four of evil Benders was trill as hell.

Numb will you have Gordon catering ?

I was told not to get near the food setting by everyone and they'll handle everything

That airbender dude was amazing sucking the air from your lungs
Damn

Village

I don't care what happens, I want to see the further evolution of fire bending because that's my favorite.

I'm telling you ,I'm telling you.

With that fire energy bending shit, you could reverse engineer ice bending. Because cold is a lack of heat, you can freeze people to death by removing the heat from their bodies. Also you could probably gerryrig it into stealing souls with some mystic avatar bullshit. But mostly the first thing.

No one, ever uses fire powers like that. Every time someone has fire powers its to create fire. but to manipulate heat itself? That's some godlike unstoppable type shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom