• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

You mean this one

FlameRiderBodyMK8.png

Cause if so, I can see why. It's looks pretty good.

Indeed

If Marvel goes a quarter in with Black Panther as they did with GOTG 2.........we would not be ready

I had no expectations for guardians just went
So when it hits it HIT

Black Panther? Want it to be good
No
Greatest Marvel movie but won't overhype self

LotusHD

Banned
Arrow Season 5 is only challenged by SHIELD and Legion this year. Not a single down episode this year.

AoS > Legion > Arrow

Although if someone want to switch Legion and Arrow, that's fine, it's only been one season, while Arrow is strong this season because of all the past shit we've been through.

New WW trailer. Can Diana do what no one else can?

I would like for this movie not to suck.

Being a literal starving artist is frustrating. I spent the past three days at my town's carnival trying to sell off all of my art because I'm giving up my art and I'm unemployed with no money and my mother said I have to start paying for my own food. So the first day I tried to go on the DL and sell some of my stuff. A couple hours in when I was talking to a black couple some town ordinance guy walked up to me and basically said to get out of there and don't make me call the cops. Still went around trying to see if any of the vendors will let me sell with them and split the profits. Got nothing from any of them, but I found a black owned store nearby who said I could set up a table in front and won't charge me. I came back the next day and set up my table, but no one bit. Plenty of people said my stuff looks good and gave away a bunch of my business cards, but I didn't sell a damn thing. Went there today and nothing either.
I didn't eat at all yesterday and had to beg my mother to eat today. It is so fucking hard being an artist. No job and I can't even sell my shit off when I'm desperate.

D i Z

Being a literal starving artist is frustrating. I spent the past three days at my town's carnival trying to sell off all of my art because I'm giving up my art and I'm unemployed with no money and my mother said I have to start paying for my own food. So the first day I tried to go on the DL and sell some of my stuff. A couple hours in when I was talking to a black couple some town ordinance guy walked up to me and basically said to get out of there and don't make me call the cops. Still went around trying to see if any of the vendors will let me sell with them and split the profits. Got nothing from any of them, but I found a store nearby who said I could set up a table in front and won't charge me. I came back the next day and set up my table, but no one bit. Plenty of people said my stuff looks good and gave away a bunch of my business cards, but I didn't sell a damn thing.
I didn't eat at all yesterday and had to beg my mother to eat today. It is so fucking hard being an artist. No job and I can't even sell my shit off when I'm desperate.

Have you thought about selling work online?

LotusHD

Banned
Being a literal starving artist is frustrating. I spent the past three days at my town's carnival trying to sell off all of my art because I'm giving up my art and I'm unemployed with no money and my mother said I have to start paying for my own food. So the first day I tried to go on the DL and sell some of my stuff. A couple hours in when I was talking to a black couple some town ordinance guy walked up to me and basically said to get out of there and don't make me call the cops. Still went around trying to see if any of the vendors will let me sell with them and split the profits. Got nothing from any of them, but I found a black owned store nearby who said I could set up a table in front and won't charge me. I came back the next day and set up my table, but no one bit. Plenty of people said my stuff looks good and gave away a bunch of my business cards, but I didn't sell a damn thing. Went there today and nothing either.

Damn, hope everything manages to work out for you. :(

akira28

i see people requesting commissions online all the time. you may have to draw some...questionable Sonic pictures.

You could put up a Patreon for your ever growing art portfolio to accept donations. I mean there are lots of imaginative ways to try to make money. We are usually just to exhausted from the working part to try to manage the profit. But if you're an artist, the two are very uniquely related with your ability to eat.

keep your head up Blas.

do you have a Patreon? paypal?

LotusHD

Banned
That's all we want. Her acting is kind of a secondary concern. She can act enough for this and be great at it .

I have no faith in this movie.

I'm no expert but I'm liking the ww trailers.

This was the best trailer yet imo

I want to eat the most delicious crow for this movie, but after two stinkers, it's utterly hard to have high hopes for it lol

And it's made all the more awkward since she's an iconic superhero, so there's this elephant in the room where it kinda needs to be good, otherwise Hollywood gets stupid ideas...

LionPride

Banned

Stay strong, as others have said, Patreon? Perhaps?

Have you thought about selling work online?
Yeah, I've been taking comissions online for as long as I've been a member here. No bites. Only got like three ever and there were all in person from people I know.

i see people requesting commissions online all the time. you may have to draw some...questionable Sonic pictures.

You could put up a Patreon for your ever growing art portfolio to accept donations. I mean there are lots of imaginative ways to try to make money. We are usually just to exhausted from the working part to try to manage the profit. But if you're an artist, the two are very uniquely related with your ability to eat.

keep your head up Blas.

do you have a Patreon? paypal?

I do have a Paypal account, but no Pateron. I'm not even sure exactly what it is.

Sch1sm

Let me let you hold $20, or a pizza, or something.

I'm with everyone else, though. Whenever I'm on Tumblr and the like, I see people doing commissions. Maybe you can get in on that. Get a following, start a patreon, etcetc. Hope things turn up for you. Can't imagine what you're going through, but you've got my prayers.

---

Patreon is a service people use to connect with fans, mainly, but they also set up donation goals for x thing to happen, or sell memberships so people can get x thing for x price at x interval.

hypernima

Banned

That's the life we live. I know the struggle all too well, but my folks would be hard pushed to cut me off after all I've helped them with.
Where are you located?

Shy

Try to stay strong, Blasain.

I hope things turn around for you.

Zaverious

AoS > Legion > Arrow

Although if someone want to switch Legion and Arrow, that's fine, it's only been one season, while Arrow is strong this season because of all the past shit we've been through.

I would like for this movie not to suck.

The thing about Arrow is that this is legit the best season it's ever had with every episode being good to great and building up stuff from the past 4 seasons. Prometheus in name only is pretty dope as well.

Yeah, I've been taking comissions online for as long as I've been a member here. No bites. Only got like three ever and there were all in person from people I know.

I do have a Paypal account, but no Pateron. I'm not even sure exactly what it is.

OK, to do list:

1. Get a PayPal Debit card so you can use your funds easily
  2. Get Patreon
  3. Advertise yourself, go all in
  4. Create a Tumblr for your work
  5. Create a FB page for your work
  6. Hustle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom