• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

Yeah it's pretty bad. A handful of shiny moments. But they really do piss it all away with rote challenges and major story elements they already used several times in the original trilogy.

Seems legit. *hands money over to D I Z*

Check your spam folder for the receipt 30 days after the check clears.

Damn. Got it for Jean's birthday..she loved it. That's sad.

How far did she get? I completed it and almost all side quests and it was torture on that last half.

Beefy

I was hyped for ME:A but as soon as it landed I passed it. The game looks so damn boring and the amount of back and forward shit you have to do is mad.

D i Z

Everything done a couple days short of a month..

The only things I missed (besides MP) were the glitched quests and collecting all of the caches. Took me just over a month.

I was hyped for ME:A but as soon as it landed I passed it. The game looks so damn boring and the amount of back and forward shit you have to do is mad.

The back and forth quests are seriously out of control in this one.

Johndoey

Banned

I'm a pretty big fan of the Mass Effect games, and I could barely hang with the game for twenty hours. The shit was so damn dull. The characters, the planets, the new races, there was nothing to latch onto.

What if Ancestry.com is shitting out randomly generated racial matches?
How many people would lose their shit if in five years from now the company closed up shop and scattered to the wind.
Leaving behind a tell all document on how during one particularly vicious coke bender, the testing labs burnt down, so they decided then to make shit up just for the giggles.

That would explain this: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/michigan-white-officer-african-ancestry-lawuit_us_59121a90e4b05e1ca202840e

White Cop Who Finds He Has African Ancestry Sues City, Chief Over Racism -
The officer claims his colleagues began to make derogatory comments and jokes after he told them of his DNA results.

Though, after finding out that the officer's name is Cleon Brown, I suspect that someone in the family already knew...

Also,why do people always claim Cherokee ancestry? Why is it never any other tribe?

Kreed

Though, after finding out that the officer's name is Cleon Brown, I suspect that someone in the family already knew...

Also,why do people always claim Cherokee ancestry? Why is it never any other tribe?

"Go back to across the border?!? I was born here! How about you go back to Europe?"

"I don't need to go back, I'm home. My Great Great Grandfather was Native American."

"Oh yeah, what tribe?"

"...Grand Cherokee. His tribe name was Jeep Crystler"

What would an Overwatch movie even be? People picking Hanzo when a healer is needed or two hours of nobody being on the payload?

Or maybe it could be about the colony of apes on the moon attacking the earth for revenge because they were being mistreated by humans. Yeah the moon colony is real in Overwatch, look it up.

"Go back to across the border?!? I was born here! How about you go back to Europe?"

"I don't need to go back, I'm home. My Great Great Grandfather was Native American."

"Oh yeah, what tribe?"

"...Grand Cherokee. His tribe name was Jeep Crystler"

himZD0M.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I didn't realize Teddy Riley's doing K-Pop work now:

http://theboombox.com/teddy-riley-t...at-he-learned-from-michael-jackson-interview/

You’ve started working with more K-pop artists as well. What made you decide to do that?

Riley: Yes. I decided to do that when I was introduced to K-pop back in 2008, 2007. I happened to go to Korea just to check out the scenes and I did a press conference and people really enjoyed it and it just kind of gave me a presence out there to where I said I want to go out and make some music. And I did it.

And I saw you’ve been developing music camps over there too. Have you been helping artists over there, how’s that relationship been?

Riley: Oh yeah, I’ve been working with a lot of artists over there. Girls Generation, EXO and f(x) and whole bunch of groups, artists that are over there and you know that are really famous and we got a bunch of great records and number ones together. It’s really a great, great time for me because you know, once upon a time, record business over here…the recession. And I just said, you know what? I need to learn how to move my cheese.

What was one of the biggest surprises you had going there for the first time and learning about the music industry over there?

Riley: The culture over there is certainly a culture that wanted to follow our culture. They wanted the American culture so they hired American producers and choreographers and writers and creators, inventors to come over and bring our culture and that’s basically what it’s about. They didn’t have no shame in their game. “We want the American culture.” That’s where their swag, their type of swagging they got it from the American culture.

There’s a Black Korean R&B group, Coco Avenue. And as you know, there’s also a black singer in RaNia. Are you expecting more black people to get into K Pop?

Riley: I think it’s a cool idea but I am hoping to see something like that where it can open the market up to the American culture and having black Asians over there that’s doing the music and people recognizing it. But if it’s an American group, I don’t know. I don’t know what it could be. I just don’t see it based on what I’ve been educated to over there. They have music and they live it. The only thing that inspires them is American culture and our style but their music is their music and it’s really territorial. It’s like the K-pop fans are straight K-pop fans. They don’t know English and the only English that they know is the English hooks that are sung on a K-pop song. They repeat that. Some know what it means, some don’t and that’s why when we do their music, they always say “make it sound like this” or “make it sound like ‘No Diggity’,” or “make it sound like an American song.” When they give us leads — leads mean they give us songs that they want us to kind of follow, they’re called leads. When they give us our leads they’re most likely asking us to follow R&B music or hip-hop music, or specific pop songs.

Are they usually from any specific era?

Riley: It doesn’t matter, it’s different eras. Now they’re on funk, EDM, pop music…

It’s often said that K-pop draws inspiration from ’90s black culture. Do you see any similarities or do you feel that there’s a connection there?

Riley: Of course I do. The reason why is because they’re bringing mostly our producers and people from America, they’re bringing us over to Korea to do music.

I feel like over the years hip-hop and R&B have kind of melded together…

Riley: That’s what New Jack Swing is about. New Jack Swing is hip-hop and R&B mixed together and a lot of artists are still doing New Jack Swing today. It’s the technology of music which is kind of meshing and merging styles and merging singing and rapping together and that’s a form of New Jack Swing.

Slay could've been living it up if he could have landed a job with Riley's staff.

akira28

That would explain this: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/michigan-white-officer-african-ancestry-lawuit_us_59121a90e4b05e1ca202840e

near as I can tell its because cherokee used to be in the southeastern united states prior to the Trail of Tears, and a good many remained behind, and over all that time there were intermarriages and births and more with the free blacks and escaped slaves.

I got grandfolks that remember being told of their cherokee and seminole roots which were physically closer than their african ones unfortunately.

cdyhybrid

UFC is fucking ridiculous. Didn't the Patriots owner by them?

And nah, you ain't getting no house. That's the Korean won equivalent of $20
I think that's a Photoshop. They have the right guy on their actual timeline.

I was about to reenact that one Daredevil gif until I checked.

Izuna

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2s0TV8Pag0

^^^^ this is her youtube video on the topic

warning

it's almost impossible to watch, like holy FUCKING shit.

I know a girl that's... a little like this. Nigerian girl who wanted to be in a maid cafe in Japan and only dated Japanese dudes (to no success). My GF hates her because she's literally only interested in "Asian culture************"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom