• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuckin weeaboos. The GITS dub is 99% the same as the anime's, which is excellent. Although I guess Shy has a slight point about the song

cm7aTGR.jpg

My niece says, "Get a job, you hippie!"

Numb

Aunt niece
I can already hear the stories she's about to tell "..I remember when you were this tall you used to.."

EW has a Buffy reunion video
see's some unrecognizable person in between Joyce and Tara
Finds out it's Michelle Trachtenberg
she finally gained some weight and now looks attractive
then finds out apparently she's been dating Kid Cudi for years now

Been watching a lot of 90s anime later. Shit was just better back then. Character designs and art styles was just leagues ahead

Metropolis, Sword of the Stranger, Millennium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers, Paprika, and Lupin the 3rd The Gravestone of Daisuke Jigen aren't from before 2000.

Is there still gonna be a flashback prologue? Maybe at this point it could take place in 1994 like the original movie did (which had a flashback prologue in the 60's).

I dunno. The description I read was that they're students who get zapped into the game.

RedSwirl

I said it before: GitS should've just been a full-on adaptation without even carrying the same name, like The Departed or Magnificent Seven.

Anyway, one review headline I read made it seem like exactly what I was afraid of: a watchable but shallow typical Hollywood action movie without any of the depth of other GitS media.

caliph95

I said it before: GitS should've just been a full-on adaptation without even carrying the same name, like The Departed or Magnificent Seven.

Anyway, one review headline I read made it seem like exactly what I was afraid of: a watchable but shallow typical Hollywood action movie without any of the depth of other GitS media.
Similar anime/manga adaptation Edge of Tommorow did the same thing and it was great. Though just read few pages of the original and that's not popular but still. Also why i'm more hopeful for Death Note than Gits

So, it's Lucy.

caliph95

I think it's a combo of the actor being a big guy mixed with a ton of tech padding on the suit.

That or they're going full of with the retired superhero dad look.
They casted his daughters while i don't think he is a retired here that could be what they are going for.

shingi70

Banned
They casted his daughters while i don't think he is a retired here that could be what they are going for.

I know the description of the series was former superhero who decides to suit back up after his oldest daughter gets involved in some vigilante stuff.

Looking at the suit I'm guessing Lightning is a tech based hero and his daughters are gonna be metaHumans.

Outside of liking BL I have enjoyed the past shows from the showrunners so I'm down.

Malyse

I know that I'm somewhat disaster prone, but discovering that your right sleeve is soaked in your own blood while dealing with a cut on your left finger can't be normal.

Malyse

What? Are ypu okay???
Definitely not normal, hope all is well with you man...
Whoa. What the hell?

I'm good. I just seem to get hurt. A lot.

And usually in bloody ways. Never can be a knocked knee or something. Oh no. Pain has to bring blood.

T___T

Life can kick rocks.

----

Also, the subbed vs dubbed argument can eat a bag of dicks. Ghost in the Shell has a great dub, as does Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Dragon Ball Z (yeah I said DBZ), Haruhi, and plenty of other shows. Only the most assholelish of weeaboo would argue that dubs are always inferior.

Angela Rye to former Congressman Joe Walsh: "Are you gunna say something while your mouth is moving?"

Raise your voice or talk out the side of your neck to a Black woman in an argument, you WILL catch that ether and get put in your place right quick.

Shy

Fuckin weeaboos. The GITS dub is 99% the same as the anime's, which is excellent. Although I guess Shy has a slight point about the song
Don't get me wrong.

The English dub for both the movies and series of GITS is quite excellent.

I was just pointing out, in this one instance why for it would be best for a first time viewr to listen to the original dub.
I bet you don't even own a katana
Out here promoting dubs like a pleb
LMAO.
My niece says, "Get a job, you hippie!"
D'aww.
Shy miss Europe yet?
IPtHGVb.gif

I know that I'm somewhat disaster prone, but discovering that your right sleeve is soaked in your own blood while dealing with a cut on your left finger can't be normal.
Goodness.

Stay safe D.D.
He's waiting on the No Man's Sky DLC..
Now that's just uncalled for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom