• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue isn't stupid cyberpunk bullshit about the soul like they always try and make it.

Making her a Japanese person who then becomes a white woman complete with a completely new name is the issue.

The issue isn't stupid cyberpunk bullshit about the soul like they always try and make it.

Making her a Japanese person who then becomes a white woman complete with a completely new name is the issue.

Exactly why I brought up the original. I thought zeemumu was referring to knowing that instead? Because these new spoilers are off the mark if you compare the two.

I thought this was the plot for the old one as well

Nah she was always presented and assumed to be Japanese, ignoring those people who think all anime characters are white and that a woman with the name Motoko Kusanagi, working for a Japanese secret police force, would be white for some reason

zeemumu

Nah she was always presented and assumed to be Japanese, ignoring those people who think all anime characters are white and that a woman with the name Motoko Kusanagi, working for a Japanese secret police force, would be white for some reason

So basically
431.png

So, since I've never actually seen Ghost in the Shell(I am not anime guy) What order do I watch these films.

Please don't try to sell me on anime in general, I don't really care for it and multiple people have tried to change my mind.

So, since I've never actually seen Ghost in the Shell(I am not anime guy) What order do I watch these films.

Please don't try to sell me on anime in general, I don't really care for it and multiple people have tried to change my mind.

There are only 2 films. Just watch them in order, although the series Standalone Complex is the most accessible to new time fans to the series and new anime fans

LOL^

Not an anime fan, but didn't mind the original 1995 film at all. Haven't seen anything else related to it so can't judge the rest.

Just watch the first one that's just titled Ghost in the Shell. Really all that's worth watching aside from the long form series of Stand Alone Complex but that's not your thing.

Zekes!

I thought GitS was going to be painfully average, skimming the surface of terrible, but I didn't expect it to turn out like that.

YIKES

Zekes!

Man, I'm about to hand in the worst paper I've ever written by a large margin. Shit's worth 40% and the best I can hope for is a 60%. There goes my A average

andthebeatgoeson

Sounds boring but some basic car safety/breakdown gear is always a good thing to have in a car. That or some jump leads for her to shove in the boot.

Not the most exciting gifts I know
This is good and will get you some 'protection' brownie points. Make sure she has a spare tire and it's inflated, a flash light and breakdown kit. Unless she's into cars, she probably won't care about the floor mats as much as you signaling to get you care that she gets home at night.

AAA membership would do the same thing. It says, 'don't even trip if things go south. I'm a grown ass man that has break down insurance'. It's $50 a year.

LOL^

Not an anime fan, but didn't mind the original 1995 film at all. Haven't seen anything else related to it so can't judge the rest.

Just watch the first one that's just titled Ghost in the Shell. Really all that's worth watching aside from the long form series of Stand Alone Complex but that's not your thing.

Definitely the original. The newer one replaced a lot of pivotal scenes with CG, which makes no sense considering the hand drawn animation is incredible, and CG is bootleg DreamWorks tier

Can't go wrong with the original.

Thanks, everyone!

Dai101

Banned
Car related. Was thinking of something to put in it, but who the fuck wants floor mats as a gift? Maybe something to hang on the mirror or something.

Numb pls

This should do the trick:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006MQJ0M/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Travel with this well stocked kit stowed in your trunk for greater security on the road. The AAA 42 piece emergency road assistance kit includes:
1 AAA car care guide
1 AAA membership brochure
1 8-gauge booster cable
1 flashlight
2 AA batteries
1 emergency poncho
1 safety vest
1 roll of duct tape
1 2-in-1 screw driver
6 assorted sizes of fuses
1 shop cloth
4 cable ties
1 reusable zip lock bag
19 pieces of first aid kit
1 AAA storage bag

For $20.00. A must have for anyone that drives

Angela Rye did not come to play with fools today. Goddamn!

Nope, they got that work.

Angela Rye: Trump has no experience.

Joe Walsh: Obama had no experience either.

Angela Rye: What? He had experience, he was a senator and a constitutional scholar.

Joe Walsh: He was a state senator.

Angela Rye: ??? He was a US Senator, in fact, he served longer than you.

Me; Dead.

Shy

Aftwrnnon BCT.
Afternoon, warriors.

tenor.gif
Sup homies!!]
Evening.
Shyega's out here keeping the rest of the community from seeing Ls. ✊🏿
Of course. Gotta look after my peoples.
I saw American Who without knowing what Dr.Who was, it was trippy
LOL. I can imagine.
Been watching a lot of 90s anime later. Shit was just better back then. Character designs and art styles was just leagues ahead
This post equals the truth
Who else still pays 75 dollars for 3 480p episodes on DVD?
LOL. Or even back further. On VHS.
So...Ghost in the Shell was
a Rachel Dolezal documentary?
Those GITS spoilers are like Tom Hanks LNOE level.
LOL.
I thought this was the plot for the old one as well
Nope, not at all.
looks like there are 2 versions of the first movie. Should I watch the original or GitS:The New Movie(2015)
Watch the original 1995 movie.

And if possible in Japanese.

The song the plays at the begging middle and end (in slightly different version) is meant to represent birth, life and death/rebirth.
And for some odd reason the one the plays at the end is replaced in the Eng version. And while this isn't an absolute deal breaker, it does spoil the overall effect.
NkP0w17.gif

Watch the original 1995 movie.

And if possible in Japanese.

The song the plays at the begging middle and end (in slightly different version) is meant to represent birth, life and death/rebirth.
And for some odd reason the one the plays at the end is replaced in the Eng version. And while this isn't an absolute deal breaker, it does spoil the overall effect.

I'm no savage, I'll be watching it subbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom