• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

The purpose of the show is good. I feel some of the execution is lacking.

They only get less likable with time.

I finished it. On an overall note, it's fine. I really hated most of them, though, and it probably helped that I did, really.

Should I be disliking the main girl though? Like, I empathize with her 'cause she committed suicide and that's always tragic, but outside of that, I don't particularly like her character. Maybe that will change as I find out more about why she killed herself, but as of right now it makes me feel like an asshole.

Should I be disliking the main girl though? Like, I empathize with her 'cause she committed suicide and that's always tragic, but outside of that, I don't particularly like her character. Maybe that will change as I find out more about why she killed herself, but as of right now it makes me feel like an asshole.
I mean I dislike the main characters in man in the high castle and they're fighting actual Nazis.

Sch1sm

You'll understand soon enough, and it will change. At first, it feels like she's just being overly sensitive, but over time? Jeez. She'll grow on you some. Not a lot, but you'll empathize more.

Perhaps. I was indifferent about her by the end of the show. Sad she did what she did, but I felt like the show didn't do much to make her a person outside of a tragic catalyst for the show

Slayven

Bunch of white people blaming colored folks for getting mad

Shit is as predictable as the sun rising in the east, the sky being blue, the moon revolving around the earth, and Slayven's thirst for Hitomi Tanaka's used pair of jogging shoes.
For only at best being 20 percent of the population blacks and LBGTQ get blamed for a lot fos hit

Let me know when you're done. We'll talk. I'll stay quiet on it for now, though. Won't ruin anything. I'll spoiler tag, if anything.

Thanks, sis. Gonna try to catch 2-3 tonight.

---

Just text my niece Hope and am glad I took a second to check spelling..don't think hoe would have been understood 😂

And from both sides. Always from both sides.

Let's be honest, niggas are the cause of many problems. The White House didn't build itself

As far as the show goes...
It made me reflect on high school. Just looked back on life and seeing how everything went for me. Then I think of a lot of the fucked up shit that happened. High school is a fucking war zone

Zekes!

You'll understand soon enough, and it will change. At first, it feels like she's just being overly sensitive, but over time? Jeez. She'll grow on you some. Not a lot, but you'll empathize more.

Aight, I'll wait and see how things turn out. I'll cool it on the talk for now for you Gordon.

I mean I dislike the main characters in man in the high castle and they're fighting actual Nazis.

I'm trying to think of other characters on the side of good / are morally good who I don't particularly like

Sch1sm

Damn, all y'all watching 13 reasons? I might as well bite the bullet and just watch it.

Eh. I follow the hype to witness before knocking it, always. Finished it yesterday. Binged right through it, which really wasn't good for my mood in hindsight, but, it did have effective story telling.

And from both sides. Always from both sides.

Yep. No matter what happens, the blame always falls in our lap. Without fail. Crazy motherfuckers are too cowardly to look in the mirror and realize who is really at fault. Or they just dont want to.

------------

In other news, Lance Nip Chee cracker sandwiches are my new addiction. They are too damn good.

Nudull

Banned
There's a bunch of religious spokespeople in my living room talking to my folks, and I'm weirded out right now. o_0

Numb

There's a bunch of religious spokespeople in my living room talking to my folks, and I'm weirded out right now. o_0
Church folk showed up today and gave me a pamphlet to attend Bible lessons
Next time I'm opening the door in full mooselamb gear 😄

Numb

I don't know what this is but it sounds like that might be a good thing.
This
SnTyG.jpg
Chest piece is moose and headgear is lamb leather
Both personally slaughtered ofc

Nudull

Banned
Church folk showed up today and gave me a pamphlet to attend Bible lessons
Next time I'm opening the door in full mooselamb gear 😄

Reminds me of when I used to openly read Wiccan spellbooks and books about Satanism in school, just to troll people already thinking I'm a crazy loner.

Yes, my school library had Satanist and Wicca literature. My school had issues.

Reminds me of when I used to openly read Wiccan spellbooks and books about Satanism in school, just to troll people already thinking I'm a crazy loner.

Yes, my school library had Satanist and Wicca literature. My school had issues.

Had the Necronomicon in my neighborhood library lol..freaked niggas out with it..

Sch1sm

I couldn't be a muslim, I would need a Muhammad and the angel level intervention just to get over the no pork thing. And the cholesterol argument wouldn't work.

When you grow up without something, it's just easy to never bother with it. That being said, I don't know how converts make that change. Even in the times I questioned the religion most, I learned old habits die hard.

Y'all need better sarcasm detectors.

That being said, I really like it. It's so chill

We don't know you well enough to spot your sarcasm, so maybe you need to acquaint yourself with a /s. 😒

zeemumu

Why do i suddenly want a parody animation of this now?

Well, in the last episode of Once Upon a Time, Snow White, The Evil Queen from Snow White, and Snow White's daughter all went out drinking at a pub owned by Aesop, and before that, Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, and Snow White had a girl's night out at a bar.

But if want a legitimately good version of this, go read Fables.

On the note about converting I could probably do the no alcohol thing. In the last 3 years I probably had 6 total drinks with most of them being Henry Hard Soda and maybe one Strongbow cider.

But nah I love good pulled pork.

When folks reveal they have you on their mind nursing some Grade A haterade

So just a typical day for you?

Izuna

Banned
I couldn't convert because of the routine praying. I'd be late as hell everytime.

I could probably do (edit: Ramadan) regardless, for the many other (scientific) benefits

Slayven

On the note about converting I could probably do the no alcohol thing. In the last 3 years I probably had 6 total drinks with most of them being Henry Hard Soda and maybe one Strongbow cider.

But nah I love good pulled pork.

So just a typical day for you?

I just want to be great, why folks won't let me be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom