• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

I think having that Marvel logo would make it a success financially regardless.

But it wouldn't be a good movie, it's not even an indictment on ScarJo, Black Widow is a boring character that does not work in a solo capacity. She needs to be part of a larger, team based narrative.

She doesn't have enough depth (or even a rogues gallery) to carry a solo movie.

If you did Black Widow/Hawkeye it would be almost entirely a Hawkeye movie. Which would be better anyway cause I like Renner a lot.

Read the recent Waid/Samnee run of Black Widow and then tell me how she can't work on her own again. It's pretty much exactly what a BW movie should be and it works great.

!'m 1000% sure a Black Widow movie would never happen. Maybe a Black Widow and Hawkeye. But there are much better female heroes who deserve movies more than ScarJo's BW. Like

or

or

Or even, and this is an extreme choice I know,

Can we just get Carol out of the way so we can get to Kamala?

How do you convince a bunch of white folks in suits to greenlight a movie about a female Muslim superhero?

Shy

What's this 13 reasons show about. ?
Tomorrow is Persona day
Body = ready
6TVyApz.gif

Chest piece is moose and headgear is lamb leather
Both personally slaughtered ofc
Clearly whoever this guy is, he's the leader of a terrorist cell.

Someone Call Homeland security.
Had the Necronomicon in my neighborhood library lol..freaked niggas out with it..
???

But Lovecraft made it up.
Bill O'relly getting hit in the pocket?
Pity it's not in his face.

D i Z

So who else thinks that GiTS didn't fail because if whitewashing, but because it's ass?

Of course. They had little to no pre-screenings, and their publicity was a mess. At its core, it wasn't going to have universal appeal to begin with. And as shiny as it looked, anyone that is honest about GiTS would say that its a slog to sit through to begin with. The promotion reads that way.

So who else thinks that GiTS didn't fail because if whitewashing, but because it's ass?

I mostly think this. ScarJo particularly looks bland as fuck in the film and I can only see the ScarJo devoted seeing it just because of her presence. Movie Bob was pretty much on the same page in his review.

Izuna

Banned
At least your Bernie ain't my Corbyn

Out of all the shitty politicians we got, he's the dumbest and most spineless one of them all.

(Bernie is also likable)

Numb

I be mad when that happens.

Cause in point. Seen 3 MI movies, only thing i remember is Tom Cruising hanging off of shit
I can usually remember 1 plot thread or scene or anything
Not this time

Tom cruise always be running
Sam Jackson Motherf! Comps on YT must be shorter compared to his running comps

Slayven

Remember when they tried some Jason bourne jr type shit?

91MidaZBtzL._SY445_.jpg

Why did Google act like Tyler Lautner didn't exist when i tried to google his name?

LionPride

Banned
I saw all those movies( I known I know shut up) and the way they justified/explained the romantic triangle was such horse shit I still can't believe it

Looked uninterested the whole way too
I got ya beat, my fifth grade teacher told me to read the books...

And I watched the movies...

cdyhybrid

That's obviously why. They tried to straddle the fence between adaptation and faithful to the source and ended up doing neither.

That said, it's yet another example of why the "we need a white lead to make our movie profitable" is bullshit - your movie will be profitable if it's good.

Slayven

I saw all those movies( I known I know shut up) and the way they justified/explained the romantic triangle was such horse shit I still can't believe it

Looked uninterested the whole way too
Like why are all these people fighting over her boring ass, she looked like she didn't bathed and had the personality of black mold
I got ya beat, my fifth grade teacher told me to read the books...

And I watched the movies...

Damn.....now i feel old

She was like "You like fantasy right? Read this!"

Knowing my ass wouldn't stop till I finished the damn series.

Fuck her.

She the reason I ain't read American Gods when I could've too

Your teacher wanted you to learn about love and heartbreak. Also wanted you to know what a trash series looked like

Numb

Like why are all these people fighting over her boring ass, she looked like she didn't bathed and had the personality of black mold

Damn.....now i feel old
Beyond me
good at keeping eye contact and expressing all emotions through stares
..The wolf guy just smelled her future baby he was destined to be with and was mistaken
She was like "You like fantasy right? Read this!"

Knowing my ass wouldn't stop till I finished the damn series.

Fuck her.

She the reason I ain't read American Gods when I could've too
Speaking of American Gods
I got that shit right next to my bed but was distracted by Zelda..And Persona is out tomorrow...-_-

LionPride

Banned
Beyond me
good at keeping eye contact and expressing all emotions through stares
..The wolf guy just smelled her future baby he was destined to be with and was mistaken
This dude forreal basically said "Hey Bella, the reason I obsessed over you was because I felt you would have a baby and want to smash/protect your future child"
Your teacher wanted you to learn about love and heartbreak. Also wanted you to know what a trash series looked like
Fuck that

Numb

This dude forreal basically said "Hey Bella, the reason I obsessed over you was because I felt you would have a baby and want to smash/protect your future child"

Fuck that
AND SHE WAS OK WITH IT!

You can be nice to the guy you rejected but give him your just born child sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom