• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Remember that storyline where Bruce's dad was the original Batman and used to dress up in a ghetto batsuit and fight people at parties?

Numb

I couldn't be a muslim, I would need a Muhammad and the angel level intervention just to get over the no pork thing. And the cholesterol argument wouldn't work.

On the note about converting I could probably do the no alcohol thing. In the last 3 years I probably had 6 total drinks with most of them being Henry Hard Soda and maybe one Strongbow cider.

But nah I love good pulled pork.

So just a typical day for you?
Going to hell over some meat
I'll pray for y'all from the other side 😇

But seriously I'm just not the curious type and got even less attachments to things so dropping things has always been easy
Happens with the growing environment

zeemumu

I remember when dad Bruce had guns and Mama Bruce was the Joker

That was a weird cartoon

Remember when Wonder Woman and Aquaman were dating and Aquaman's wife got mad so Wonder Woman decapitated her which led to a war where she strangled Steve Trevor to death with her lasso and murdered all of the Shazam kids?

Numb

Remember that storyline where Bruce's dad was the original Batman and used to dress up in a ghetto batsuit and fight people at parties?

Remember when Wonder Woman and Aquaman were dating and Aquaman's wife got mad so Wonder Woman decapitated her which led to a war where she strangled Steve Trevor to death with her lasso and murdered all of the Shazam kids?
Weird knowing what comic heads talking about for once as an animated movie only viewer
I once knew a dude...

Pork is easy to give up. I've been swine free for over 20 years and counting.
Mashallah

The world could have been saved if Aquaman could have kept it in his pants. Mera has enough anger to be a red lantern, you don't disturb that kind of woman.

zeemumu

Remember when Harley defeated Batman and Joker got pissed so he tossed her out of a window, and the sheer idea that Joker could ever settle down and love someone cause Batman to laugh so hard that it scared Harley?

Izuna

Banned
Remember when Togepi was crying and Pikachu made those silly cute faces and cheered it up, but then Bulbasaur fucked it up with his butters face?

akira28

Going to hell over some meat
I'll pray for y'all from the other side ��

But seriously I'm just not the curious type and got even less attachments to things so dropping things has always been easy
Happens with the growing environment

I'm catholic... so I can load up on all the candied bacon I desire, and when I get to heaven, there will be even more candied bacon. i can give up things like the drop of a hat, with good reason. But just self-denial? hm...the structure of that argument would have to be beautiful.

JC himself would be in the building while we all enjoyed korean porkbelly over wood charcoal. crispy. dat sesame and salt sauce.

zeemumu

The world could have been saved if Aquaman could have kept it in his pants. Mera has enough anger to be a red lantern, you don't disturb that kind of woman.

Well, most of the world would've been saved. Superman would still be an emaciated shell of his former self, and Bruce's parents would've still become Batman and Heath Ledger.

Scar Jo ain't opening doors, or selling tickets.

Watch Marvel back off from that Black Widow movie with the quickness. Even though that's probably not the lesson to take from all this, that's two movies with a ScarJo lead that performed poorly (GITS and Lucy).

We are all we got left. Now and forever.

WF1BQ18.jpg

Watch Marvel back off from that Black Widow movie with the quickness. Even though that's probably not the lesson to take from all this, that's two movies with a ScarJo lead that performed poorly (GITS and Lucy).

WF1BQ18.jpg

This wouldn't surprise​ me at all given what lessons they've seemed to learn from the declining sales of their comics.

Dumbass cross over events ruin everything

Minorities are the problem

If I were to tell yall The Weeknd and Frank Ocean were going to have a no holds barred street fight....who would you bet money on?

The match before would be R.Kelly vs Trey Songz

The fact that Marvel thinks their lineup being diverse for the first time in decades is why they aren't selling and not "generic shit event 1837499" taking over every line for six months + out of the year then it's no wonder the comics section has almost killed the company several times. At least they aren't DC with their grand total of... What. Three black lead books?

Weapons grade Crystal Meth is brutal stuff man.
Every time I see or hear that I can't stop laughing.

Numb

I'm catholic... so I can load up on all the candied bacon I desire, and when I get to heaven, there will be even more candied bacon. i can give up things like the drop of a hat, with good reason. But just self-denial? hm...the structure of that argument would have to be beautiful.

JC himself would be in the building while we all enjoyed korean porkbelly over wood charcoal. crispy. dat sesame and salt sauce.
That's alot of haram to load up on
Didn't know everything was legal with catholics

I'm still 200% positive that a Black Widow movie or a Black Widow/Hawkeye movie would be shit.
How many people can she scissors/leglock/armbarhold?

As long as it's spy stuff and not just action it could go down to 99%

Numb

!'m 1000% sure a Black Widow movie would never happen. Maybe a Black Widow and Hawkeye. But there are much better female heroes who deserve movies more than ScarJo's BW. Like

or

or

Or even, and this is an extreme choice I know,

Can we just get Carol out of the way so we can get to Kamala?
crosses fingers to be included in new MvC

Izuna

Banned
What a great first episode

Everyone should give this a try but it's clicking perfectly

In other news I'm hungry af but it's also 1AM

BlackJace

Man, how many L's can Youtubers catch this year? I used to really fuck with H3H3; it's a shame they're showing their true colors during all of this.

akira28

That's alot of haram to load up on
Didn't know everything was legal with catholics

How many people can she scissors/leglock/armbarhold?

As long as it's spy stuff and not just action it could go down to 99%

well premarital sex isn't, and for a long ass time you would be in serious shit if you ate meat on Fridays. but beyond that, no dietary restrictions come to mind. Aside from what you give up for Lent. And wine is very kind to us.

Numb

I mean, they want it to sell, right? Kamala is great. Also put in Ironheart, Gwenpool, Hawkeye (the real one), and Spider Gwen.
Marvel side for that game might as well be just the generic X-men with how much people care about them(for good reason)

They already got Ironman for that spot-_-
well premarital sex isn't, and for a long ass time you would be in serious shit if you ate meat on Fridays. but beyond that, no dietary restrictions come to mind. Aside from what you give up for Lent. And wine is very kind to us.
Must have realised meat on just Fridays was ridiculous

You want progress. They want "purity". They don't want you frozen. They want your vote

I'm a nigga to both sides. So fuck it. I'm gonna look out for my community
Yep. I'll vote for my local rep and my congressman (or woman, thank you Ms Warren). Fuck all this other nonsense.

Gotta work on my community myself cause lord knows they ain't helping or putting money into the shelters here or the halfway homes or the much needed public housing expansions.

!'m 1000% sure a Black Widow movie would never happen. Maybe a Black Widow and Hawkeye. But there are much better female heroes who deserve movies more than ScarJo's BW. Like

or

or

Or even, and this is an extreme choice I know,

Can we just get Carol out of the way so we can get to Kamala?

Why thay shit in spoilers it ain't a spoiler. It's common knowledge she's getting a movie, but
HELL FUCKING YEAH MISS MARVEL DESERVES A MOVIE. I WAS HOOKED TO THAT SHIT. I WANT TO READ MORE OF HER.

cdyhybrid

I actually think a Black Widow movie could do alright. Do a lower budget (since she has no super powers) spy-thriller with the vibe of Winter Soldier and I think they could make it work.

That said, I still have doubts about ScarJo's ability to carry a movie solo and I wouldn't expect it to break any records.

Edit: Also pork belly skewers are amazing.

Numb

I actually think a Black Widow movie could do alright. Do a lower budget (since she has no super powers) spy-thriller with the vibe of Winter Soldier and I think they could make it work.

That said, I still have doubts about ScarJo's ability to carry a movie solo and I wouldn't expect it to break any records.
They made Ghost banking on her name carrying and didn't believe it could live without her
Guess how that turned out

LionPride

Banned

Edit: Also pork belly skewers are amazing.
Again, her or her AND Renner? Nope. Two people who can't carry a movie at all together or seperate? Ha no.

I think having that Marvel logo would make it a success financially regardless.

But it wouldn't be a good movie, it's not even an indictment on ScarJo, Black Widow is a boring character that does not work in a solo capacity. She needs to be part of a larger, team based narrative.

She doesn't have enough depth (or even a rogues gallery) to carry a solo movie.

If you did Black Widow/Hawkeye it would be almost entirely a Hawkeye movie. Which would be better anyway cause I like Renner a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom