• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero_suit

Dreamcast and Saturn were never this bad at this point in their life. Dreamcast in particular had games after games. I remember in 2000 when ps2 was out, it had nothing at all for games and Dreamcast was kicking its ass in that category.

Lesson is, don't buy systems at launch.

Oh, I was talking about sales.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I don't ever want to care that much about a videogame.
Me neither. But the fact that some people do adds so much entertainment to my life.
all versions?!? ALL VERSIONS?

i8r9EpqH8ghof.gif

I can't believe people in there are actually arguing about whether a generic phrase was misleading and that the dude is an asshole because he said one systems name over saying other systems.

I mean I understand people are disappointed but they're really just lashing out at silly things.

Slayven

I'll stick with being emotionally invested in a group of millionaires who represent my city in what is essentially a children's game...thank you very much.

My team of big black men can beat your team of big black men.

On that note, sports fan smack is some of the best in the world. If gaming learned to do that, I would cancel direct tv and just read the gaming side,

That guy must go into a blind rage when he misses Mcdonald's breakfast by a minute

Also, got 50 Amazon bucks to spend. About to dive into Catherine, Resonance of Fate, and Valkyria Chronicles for 58 bucks

Slayven

That guy must go into a blind rage when he misses Mcdonald's breakfast by a minute

Also, got 50 Amazon bucks to spend. About to dive into Catherine, Resonance of Fate, and Valkyria Chronicles for 58 bucks

Dude, these are people that can't handle when a cashier asks them if there is anything else they can help them with. Of course they go defcon one on that shit.

My team of big black men can beat your team of big black men.

On that note, sports fan smack is some of the best in the world. If gaming learned to do that, I would cancel direct tv and just read the gaming side,

I'd love to do a livestream chat between two fans of each team playing eachother. NBAgaf could produce levels of salt that could make the dead sea blush.

Slayven

I'd love to do a livestream chat between two fans of each team playing eachother. NBAgaf could produce levels of salt that could make the dead sea blush.
I listen to sports podcasts and I am not even into sports. Man dudes can get raw as hell. Last one I heard a guy keep doing breaking news every 5 minutes to tell the world RG3 won rookie of the year. It was hilarious.

No thanks. Are those two words really that difficult to say?

Evidently it does, it takes green lantern level will power not to flip out in Gamestop.

The Rayman news makes me laugh just as much as it makes me sad. Glad that I get to play a non-touchscreen version of the game, sad that I gotta wait 7 fuckin' months for the sequel to my GotY 2011, and even more sad that this early Wii-U purchase is looking sillier every day. Literally nothing else I want to play on this system scheduled for months.

Slayven

The Rayman news makes me laugh just as much as it makes me sad. Glad that I get to play a non-touchscreen version of the game, sad that I gotta wait 7 fuckin' months for the sequel to my GotY 2011, and even more sad that this early Wii-U purchase is looking sillier every day. Literally nothing else I want to play on this system scheduled for months.

I am looking forward to the price drop. Nintendo being doom is not funny no matter who says it. But to ignore they are hurting is silly.

If you want entertaining sports fan battles, head to any sports bar on game day/night in a Military town. There's such a mix of dudes from all over and that liquid courage flowing. Dudes get crazy. The most entertaining moment I saw was a Pats fan getting into another teams fans face telling screaming about how he wasn't shit and his wasn't either. Pats fan slapped the dude's hat off and the dude put it back on just to have it knocked off again, repeatedly. All the while the Pats fan never missed a beat with the trash talk.

It's kind of sad I won't be around to view and enjoy The Hangover III. What an awesome trilogy. Todd Phillips, don't make anymore Hangovers after the third, takes away the originality of its foundation. World War Z looks good and The Walking Dead season 3 (second half) looked intriguing. Damn, gonna miss shark week.

"Welp, bout to get my KILLIN' SPREE on but...man, what about Shark Week!? Fuuuuuu...."

That LAPD guy, holy shit.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef017d40da0bf1970c-640wi

Are they trying to prove him right? o_o

I don't live in LA, I'm on the completely other side of the country, but everything I've ever read about them points to them essentially being a legal gang. Too many issues with them to even name.

I believe sections of his manifesto. "I'll call you nigger whenever I want" "Yeah me too". All the lying and deceitfulness. I hope this all ends very soon, but also hope that SOMEONE takes a look at this department.

I would watch the fuck out of a movie on that. Amazing.

Fuck it, might as well get this out the way now : Idris Elba as Christopher Jordan Dorner

That LAPD guy, holy shit.

6a00d8341c630a53ef017d40da0bf1970c-640wi

Are they trying to prove him right? o_o

Can you catch me up on the "prove him right" part? Last I had heard he commited a double homicide and then shot 3 cops before this.

Also, I am from LA and have dealt with the LAPD multiple times. Only once did I ever experience anything I thought was questionable. The vast majority of the time there were very professional, there was no excessive treatment or bullshit reasoning for approaching me, and absolutely nothing related to race.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
His full manifesto is something else. wow

Yeah... I've read over it too and... yeah

Guys who abuse their power getting promoted, taking pics of people they shot to show off, bragging about kills = paid leave days, joining certain precincts just to fuck with minorities...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Can you catch me up on the "prove him right" part? Last I had heard he commited a double homicide and then shot 3 cops before this.

Also, I am from LA and have dealt with the LAPD multiple times. Only once did I ever experience anything I thought was questionable. The vast majority of the time there were very professional, there was no excessive treatment or bullshit reasoning for approaching me, and absolutely nothing related to race.

LAPD is "proving him right" by unloading on a truck simply because it matched the description of his vehicle. They didn't even attempt to ID the people inside or go through any other options like calling them in, tailing, etc. They shot two women just because they thought it MIGHT be them.

LAPD is operating under Rules of Engagement that even the military doesn't use. Shoot-on-sight for a police force is absolutely ridiculous and the fact that it even crossed those officers' minds means that the LAPD is COMPLETELY fucked up.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
The benefit of xbl gold is the large player base. I distinctly remember playing Uncharted 2 at release - one of the biggest games for the system - with a mere 4k people online playing. That is pathetic. Though psn may be free it is not in any way a better service in terms of functionality, player base, or features. Psn is shoddy as hell and is extremely bare bones.

A good example is the network itself. It takes me barely a few minutes to do a 1 gig demo on xbl. Meanwhile on psn, that same demo will be 3 (!) Gigs and take an hour to get to 1 gig.

You get what you pay for.

this kinda depends on the demo and game.
for example the metal gear rising demo used sd video on the xbl version and hd video on the ps3 version making the download larger.

psn isn't anymore shoddy than xbl in most cases. while I don't remember xbl going down for a whole month the system has been plagued by hacking and down time just as much as ps3 while still having a pay gate on top of it. I'm not even going to bring up the fact that ads are on a paid service as well.

people like to dance around facts to justify their purchases cause they don't want to feel cheated.

LAPD is "proving him right" by unloading on a truck simply because it matched the description of his vehicle. They didn't even attempt to ID the people inside or go through any other options like calling them in, tailing, etc. They shot two women just because they thought it MIGHT be them.

LAPD is operating under Rules of Engagement that even the military doesn't use. Shoot-on-sight for a police force is absolutely ridiculous and the fact that it even crossed those officers' minds means that the LAPD is COMPLETELY fucked up.

Whoa. That's definitely some fucked up shit. I don't even know what to say to that.

Slayven

I said it before, and I say it again. Folks that scream "Fuck the police" the loudest will be the first on the line to 911 crying "They shooting, they shooting"

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Hope Parallax is alright. The dude out weights Par by 80 pounds but you know how black folks look a like.

Were actually about the sane build. im paranoid as hell actually. And theyre having a campus safety meeting right now that I'm actually thinking of bailing on with all the armed officers in the area and their shoot first ask question later mentality.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

Wow.

Were actually about the sane build. im paranoid as hell actually. And theyre having a campus safety meeting right now that I'm actually thinking of bailing on with all the armed officers in the area and their shoot first ask question later mentality.

Yea, better safe than sorry.

Onemic

whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm not caught up on this story at all, but that actually happened?

Jennifer Beals, Serena Williams, Grae Drake, Lisa Nicole-Carson, Diana Taurasi, N'bushe Wright, Brenda Villa, Kate Winslet, Ashley Graham, Erika Christensen, Gabrielle Union, Isabella Soprano, Zain Verjee, Tamron Hall, Gina Carano, America Ferrara, Giana Michaels, Nene, Natalie Portman, Queen Latifah, Michelle Rodriguez, Anjelah Johnson, Kelly Clarkson, Nora Jones, Laura Prepon, Margaret Cho, and Rutina Wesley, you are THE MOST beautiful women on this planet, period. Never settle, professionally or personally.

He has some diverse taste, I'll give him that. Tamron Hall made the cut, hell yeah.

Cyclist, I have no problem sharing the road with you. But, at least go the fucking speed limit posted or get off the road!!! That is a feasible request. Livestrong you fraudulent assholes.

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom