• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroMW

Imma find you and rub my ebola juice on you.

tv0upsn.png

Ebola juice lmao

Is this article a "fucking with black people" candidate? http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-sperm-donor-lawsuit-met-20140930-story.html

I like it. I wonder what would make it difficult to raise the child in their "all white neighborhood" exactly? I mean, you're already a lesbian couple. Surely having a tan baby won't be the the biggest of your issues in your conservative lilly-white community. If you don't know how to comb naps, go to youtube.

Infinite

I like it. I wonder what would make it difficult to raise the child in their "all white neighborhood" exactly? I mean, you're already a lesbian couple. Surely having a tan baby won't be the the biggest of your issues in your conservative lilly-white community. If you don't know how to comb naps, go to youtube.

Yeah. What made me laugh a little bit when they said "steep learning curve". I mean raising any kid comes with a steep learning curve. Step it up and be a parents to your child . combing her hair and going to the black part of town for a hair cut can't be your biggest concerns.

besada

Banned

It's hard to tell if they're actually upset over the outcome, or just adding things into their filing for a payday against Spermco. When you put together a complaint, you throw everything you can think of into it, no matter how ridiculous. I once wrote one that included damages for a guy losing his chance to make the PGA because of a neck injury, even though everyone knew he wasn't ever going to make the PGA. It gives you stuff to give up in negotiations, and makes the complaint seem weightier.

That said, I've unfortunately known some gay folk that never got past their ugly upbringing and seemed unable to bridge the cognitive gap regarding their own racism.

someday

Banned
Exactly. I read this article earlier and my eyes almost rolled out my head.
On the other hand we don't need to nuke Texas, the Cowboys have shown us people in Dallas can't catch shit. :3
lol

Malyse

Yoooo. Reading the early part of the Ferguson 1.0 thread is fucking fascinating. Especially how some people was giving the cops the benifit of the doubt and the black folk was all, naw that ain't what happened.

Trey

Good rule of thumb is to just wash your hands every time you leave a bathroom. And use a paper towel when you need to grab something.

If you beat Mumei, you can have his spot.

For real though, I want to legitimately start pursuing writing as a career option (in addition to a slew of other freelance media things), so even if I don't participate I'll probably be writing concurrently. I just don't really know how to approach it from a legal, publishing, etc. standpoint.

besada

Banned
For real though, I want to legitimately start pursuing writing as a career option (in addition to a slew of other freelance media things), so even if I don't participate I'll probably be writing concurrently. I just don't really know how to approach it from a legal, publishing, etc. standpoint.
Hit the WritingGAF thread. Lots of decent advice there, but the first part is always to write. No point in worrying about publication until you have something to publish. I'll PM you one of my pieces for fun, though.

Hit the WritingGAF thread. Lots of decent advice there, but the first part is always to write. No point in worrying about publication until you have something to publish. I'll PM you one of my pieces for fun, though.

That'd be great, Besada. My first concept is an eight-part anthology that serves as a companion piece to the larger mixed-media project of mine I'm developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom