• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Tyler Perry get unnecessary hate.

Does he? Always seemed like he's got one hell of a fan base. Not that it isn't deserved, the man is very hardworking and intelligent.

However, I dunno, while I like him and I think he's funny as Madea, I can't hang with his shows like I did as a teen. Just way too much going on in terms of drama and a lot of content can be very over the top, not in a good way either. I wish he could dial it back some...

Infinite

That Liz Just Like You EP goes hard as fuck. Highly recommend it if you wanna bump to some r&b. It's a free download too.

liz-just-like-u-cover-art-620x620.jpg

https://soundcloud.com/maddecent/sets/liz-just-like-you-ep-jeff070

KumaJG

Does he? Always seemed like he's got one hell of a fan base. Not that it isn't deserved, the man is very hardworking and intelligent.

However, I dunno, while I like him and I think he's funny as Madea, I can't hang with his shows like I did as a teen. Just way too much going on in terms of drama and a lot of content can be very over the top, not in a good way either. I wish he could dial it back some...

People just agendas against him, especially towards his movies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
this time tomorrow i'll be in hawaii

cannot believe i survived the last 3 years of bullshit mentally intact

fuck

jWILL253

Banned
Currently on Volume 3 of BLEACH.

You know how dope it would be to have somd real life "soul candy"? I'd be all fuckin' shit up with my out-of-body self, and my proxy soul would be giving niggas dehumanizing stares for all that other world oppression it experienced.

Got back from kickin at a friend's place for my birthday (Monday) we watched Transformers: AoE...never again will I watch this movie.

Shit was dumb.

BdGshDu.png

And thanks for the suggestions.

Are you a Kazuo Ishiguro fan? I have Never Let Me Go and An Artist of the Floating World sitting there but haven't gotten around to them yet... Though I guess he's more of a British author than Japanese.

I have 'An Artist of the Floating World' but I've never finished it to be honest. Not sure why, after I finish with Max Gladstone's stuff (absolutely loving his Craft Sequence books, so damn good!) I'll give it another go.

jWILL253

Banned
Got back from kickin at a friend's place for my birthday (Monday) we watched Transformers: AoE...never again will I watch this movie.

Shit was dumb.

Michael Bay's Transformers is the 50 Cent of cinema. First couple were straight fire. Since then, though? A whole lot of ehhhhhhhhhh...

Happy berfday, though.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Michael Bay's Transformers is the 50 Cent of cinema. First couple were straight fire. Since then, though? A whole lot of ehhhhhhhhhh...

Happy berfday, though.

ill say this though. im still looking foward to bad boys 3

strobogo

Banned
What's this stereotype about black people and mayo? The only people I know who like mayo are 400 pounders who also would eat a stick of butter. I've never once heard "black people don't like mayo".

Trey

What's this stereotype about black people and mayo? The only people I know who like mayo are 400 pounders who also would eat a stick of butter. I've never once heard "black people don't like mayo".

It's something in the vein of "shit white people do" meme. White people act stupid in horror movies, white people can't dance, white people put mayo on everything.

DominoKid

Its just always been a thing as long as I can remember. For me, the taste of mayo makes me gag.

akira28

the stereotype is white people and mayo, not black people and mayo.

'white people like mayo and are extremely unimaginative with their cuisine.'

Mayo is great. Except on beef. Pork, fish, chicken, works well.

ReiGun

I'm weird. I can eat mayo on hot subs and in things like egg salad, but I cannot eat that shit on cold cuts or deli sandwiches at all.

strobogo

Banned
It's something in the vein of "shit white people do" meme. White people act stupid in horror movies, white people can't dance, white people put mayo on everything.

Shit disgusting white people do.

Its just always been a thing as long as I can remember. For me, the taste of mayo makes me gag.

Mayo is fucking disgusting. I don't understand how it is a black stereotype to not like it. But this is GAF and weird things get made up all the time.

Like this "saying" from a NATO/Russia/Ukraine thread:

There is a saying in America, "police don't clap after meals," it means police are a very sneaky peoples.

That is most definitely not a saying anywhere in America. But according to someone on GAF, it is and everyone knows it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The first and only time I've heard the black people hate mayo stereotype is Undercover Brother

DominoKid

The first and only time I've heard the black people hate mayo stereotype is Undercover Brother

That disgusting plop sound in Undercover Brother did mayo no favors in the black community.

Had it dripping all off the sandwich and shit. I guess thats the trade off for smashing Denise Richards.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'm weird. I can eat mayo on hot subs and in things like egg salad, but I cannot eat that shit on cold cuts or deli sandwiches at all.

pretty much the same. potato salad is my shit, and it being cooked is good, but otherwise no

i do grilled cheese with mayo instead of butter now because of GAF,

always liked it with dogs, burgers and deli sandwiches.

then there's tuna, chicken and potato salads.

Mortemis

Banned
Mayo on some things is okay but I'm not really big on it either. If I had a choice I'd probably not even think of it.

Anyways I really liked the first episode of korra S4. I know you guys are big on S3 but I feel like this season has more potential, assuming they aren't going to pack it into a few episodes and rush it. I'll write up a better post in the ot later.

Everyone wants to be black. There's nothing more punk rock on Earth than being black. We stroll in, all muscle and sinew and cocoa, fucking the game up like dirty edge connectors. We laugh loud and speak bold and emit "I-just-don't-give-a-fuck" with every movement. We have been scrutinized and analyzed in every conceivable way, and still we are mysterious and exotic right down to the kink of our hair to those - surprising, still numerous - people who haven't been in contact with us before. We've created the rhythm and the blues, the rock and the roll, the hip and the hop. We brought in the noise and the funk. We put the soul in food, and pretty much everything else too. We built your pyramids, and we leap over them with our seemingly impossible collective athleticism, borne of mountains, jungles and plains that many of us still live in all across the world. Everyone wants to be black.

No one wants to be black. There's nothing more terrifying than the knowledge that we exist in every way but individually to everyone - even other black people. We can never be judged by our own merits; we carry the weight of the race's progression with every step into the future like Atlas, and even he shrugged...but we can't, because it's considered weak and selling out if we do. Every bit of slang, every bit of clothing that sits the wrong way, every head nod and hand gesture can and will be taken in the wrong way, a universal "there-goes-the-neighborhood" by everyone that can do so, which basically consists of everyone that doesn't want the social association with black people. That group, naturally, consists of everyone that is able to pass as "non-black". We live in a world where we were kings until we were cattle, and then we were weapons, and then we were like aphids, sprouting up where we weren't wanted, corrupting non-black youth, and the reason for everything from crime to lowered test scores or property value. Nobody wants to be black.

My blackness offends infinitely.
I want to be black.

Also, I'm just not going to address the topic. I'm just going to sit back and watch. I wouldn't say we are universally reviled; it just seems that way sometimes.

this is a powerful post.

Village

Mayo is nasty in most cases

You ever listen to a guy's music on sound cloud for whatever reason, the person wont let you download it and then that person dissapears from the earth

I should have just recorded the shit from the website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom