• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Chicago was pretty good, not as wild as you guys these last couple of pages though. Stuck on this megabus because some old fool can't handle his drink; threw up and then was stumbling all over smacking people in the head. Bus driver pulled over for 20 minutes so far and then he turn around and lecture everyone saying this is what bus drivers have to put up with on the daily so we should all be nicer to drivers.

Man I don't give a fuck it's late and I gotta work in 6 hours and I just wanna go home.

Kraftwerk

Finished Roots...damn

The scenes such as Ol' George Johnson trying to be an overseer, and everyone else telling him not to call them "sir" but "nigger" were so powerful. Just the way it was portrayed.

I honestly thought at first the brutality and the violence would get to me, such as any beating or whipping that might be in the show, but it was the mental side of things that got me. Not saying that the whipping wasn't brutal. But just the way they showed how systematically they did all that vile shit, and all the justification they used. Just damn.

One critique I have, is the comedic tone of a lot of the scenes. I guess it's mainly due to the decade it was filmed it, but it still bothered me. you have some serious scenes, and then it abruptly jumps right into some 'funny' scene with matching music,

Anyway, great show.

I guess Ill have to watch Rosewood now.

strobogo

Banned
So...are you guys done fighting the white devil for tonight? Is it safe for me and Sunny to be here?

I come in titty shaking peace

i1c7zvmiqnUUo.gif

IrishNinja

damn, stormy...as a head CAC, hope it was worth it battling me & my melanin-deficient peoples

The 5 Percenter Culture Thread |OT| No Mayo Breathed, Dog Kissin, Wash cloth neglecting, Blue Eyed Devils Allowed

no lie, i'd fuck with that thread too - 5% might be on some conspiracy bullshit but the quality hip hop that came outta that scene is undeniable

Just gonna drop this since it's more interesting than anything Storm is saying.
iOb02y3.jpg

i might gotta take a moment here

strobogo

Banned
The fear over Ebola is god damn ridiculous. You have about as much of a chance of catching it as AIDS. My cousin works for what is basically the CDC of Indiana and he gets calls at home from people worried they have Ebola because they have a headache and nausea. Grandparents are super terrified of it. You don't just catch Ebola. Unless you're fucking people with Ebola, or playing around with their blood.

Kreed

Seriously though was Storm Chamber always like this?

If you're asking if there's a post history trail of anti white people post Jado could summon up, I doubt you'll find it. At least not anything more alarming than comments other members have made in here from time to time.

However what you will find in this thread was Storm Chamber getting more and more "comfortable" in here. We shoot the shit so much in here that sometimes it's easy to forget the rules and dude went full on Black Barbershop.

akira28

the hell in this thread? "soul cac"?

I mean we is allowed to troll each other, but really some people in here don't know how to play, apparently...throwing punches in a slapbox fight.

smh.

edit: Storm Chamber wasn't even serious. yakub? edomite? cmon breshs

SmokyDave

Seriously though was Storm Chamber always like this?
I haven't gone back and reviewed the fuckery yet, but I will say he's the only dude that I've ever sensed genuine hostility from in this thread. I wasn't about to call him out, but I'm definitely not sad to see him go.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
How you going to have Fanfiction about a whole race?

Oh god

However what you will find in this thread was Storm Chamber getting more and more "comfortable" in here. We shoot the shit so much in here that sometimes it's easy to forget the rules and dude went full on Black Barbershop.

I haven't gone back and reviewed the fuckery yet, but I will say he's the only dude that I've ever sensed genuine hostility from in this thread. I wasn't about to call him out, but I'm definitely not sad to see him go.

Yeah that's what I was wondering

I mean I feel bad about the dude getting thrown under the bus, but I'm glad you guys handled it the way you did. We don't need people thinking we get down like that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was playing Mordor all weekend. I got no idea what the fuck is going on in here.

Have you given up yet? I'm 7 hours in and there's just...nothing I care about. And I have huge issues with the main character being as "inoffensive" as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom