• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

I heard about it on This American Life -- producers of Serial -- and listened to the first episode, but I'm waiting until it's done to listen to the whole thing. I know, that's not how they meant it to be listened to. Didn't stop me from marathoning more than two hundred episodes of This American Life.

But, the discussion thread! Listen with your wife.

ReiGun

When did the whole referring to women as "females" instead of women/girls thing start? Saw some people talking how it's offensive and I started thinking about how I only began hearing it from people in recent years.

G-Fex

When did the whole referring to women as "females" instead of women/girls thing start? Saw some people talking how it's offensive and I started thinking about how I only began hearing it from people in recent years.

does anyone say 'ladies' anymore?

not with the m' either

J10

Banned

When they're talking down to 'em.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

Been saying this forever and I'm surprised others are just now seeing how disrespectful it is.

It is used to insult and be disrespectful of the female gender. I think it started with guys saying it on Maury(?)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I needed a Halloween avatar. Is BCT going to attend Halloween Havoc in some form?

Slayven

I heard about it on This American Life -- producers of Serial -- and listened to the first episode, but I'm waiting until it's done to listen to the whole thing. I know, that's not how they meant it to be listened to. Didn't stop me from marathoning more than two hundred episodes of This American Life.
I see you out there repping LOSH, somebody got to.
are you saying that good comic media is like crack?

and people dont want to read the comics
"I got these 2 cheeseburgers for an Icon movie"

That get on my nerves, dudes that do it regularly treat women like shit.

ReiGun

I know some dudes (and some women, to be sure) who pretty much only refer to women as "females." Most popular response when called on it is "not all of them deserve to be called women."

It's just rude as hell to me.

Slayven

Legionnaire until I die.

They died when they retcon the best LOSH lineup

Legion_of_Super-Heroes_Vol_4_66.jpg

G-Fex

I know some dudes (and some women, to be sure) who pretty much only refer to women as "females." Most popular response when called on it is "not all of them deserve to be called women."

It's just rude as hell to me.

getting those familiar feelings of those euphoric fendora types.

Village

On one hand female robin is interesting, On the through the main line robins in order so I can eventually get a Cyborg and Nightwing movie ( in my dreams) and it be the hypest shit ever ( they would ruin it )

I never really looked at it with negative connotations until recently. Hell, I was guilty of doing it myself. But that is a good question. And now that I think about it, there's a lot of women I know that drop it with a negative edge. The more you know....

G-Fex

I'm not gonna fuck with gaming OT's then. Let the insane stay insane, JC want to get sacrified, pfft that's his business.

I guess, I was just bored in a sad way.

GTX 970 got me feeling some type of way right now

This 560Ti has served me well these past 3 years, feeling good about myself playing these last-gen games at 1080p/60fps, but now Mordor and The Evil Within got me strugglin', taking textures down to Storm Chamber status of Aint Shit.

I think its time man

Slayven

This 560Ti has served me well these past 3 years, feeling good about myself playing these last-gen games at 1080p/60fps, but now Mordor and The Evil Within got me strugglin', taking textures down to Storm Chamber status of Aint Shit.

I think its time man

I want to upgrade my card, but I am scared to fool around with the inside of my computer

I think its time man

i shed a single tear when my framerate stuttered in LOTR during the second map.

I think its time man

Yea, I'm probably going to retire the 770GTX next cheque and get a 970GTX

cdyhybrid

Probably not going to upgrade my computer until the next Elder Scrolls game.

All the games I'm playing right now aren't very graphics intensive, my machine can already crush them.

i shed a single tear when my framerate stuttered in LOTR during the second map.

Yeah, that was the curtain call, I think. Nigga was riding high back back in 2012/3, Mass Effect Trilogy, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Battlefield 3, I had that shit down. Then Mordor come out and I got Textures set to 2011 Lupe Fiasco and framerate still dropping. Now I'm lookin' at Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight and MGS5 next year like
kttcoliwhew

they aint bout to get me like this, I'm gon be ready next time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom