• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The campaign against the PS5 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol @ dudes in here acting like OP's premise isn't real and DF wasn't rolling their eyes mere months ago at the prospect of this console and saying it wasn't needed

Of course the PS5 Pro seems more unnecessary this time around than PS4 Pro did - but its absolutely absurd for DF of all outlets to be rolling their eyes and scoffing at something that is so beneficial and directly relevant the health and interest of their business.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Maybe there are good reasons that people just aren't that excited. Never mind, must be a conspiracy. Let's dig up old tweets and last decade's NeoGAF posts. Burn the heretics!

Xr26daU.png

gtabro

Maybe because by the time PS4 Pro came out there were quite a few exclusives and more graphically-heavy games were coming - I know I bought mine for Red Dead Redemption 2.

Now with PS5 I feel we got 3 exclusives in what, 4 years, and no graphically intense games are coming (we have barely seen GTA 6 and with the rumour it might be delayed yet again…). So no wonder people don’t care much about a Pro.

Last edited:

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
I feel this is an exaggeration, I don't remember anyone except for a few malcontents saying that more powerful hardware isn't needed. Even top AAA games like Elden Ring and FFXVI run like shit on the PS5.

LOL read half this thread, they came quickly to prove my point.

Already looking to console war, this isn't about Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo. It's not about console vs PC.

It's about gamers actively wanting gaming to be worse somehow and for some reason. No one is a victim, that's a laughable narrative on its own. Something has shifted in tone where gamers actively pursue games and systems failing. The only victim is our hobby.

The PS5 Pro only makes gaming better. It's good for consumers and it's good for businesses, thus its good for the industry, especially consoles. This thread doesn't change that, the campaign against the PS5 Pro doesn't change that. The thing is going to sell well and nothing is going to change that.

As for the journalists, the articles are already written. They'll change some things based on the presentation, but the articles are written already. The only way they'd have to rewrite the articles if Sony did something crazy like release it for 500 and drop the base price to 400, but we know that isn't going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom