• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships Wimbledon, 2016 |OT| Brexit at Wimbledon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 32 and have hair Nadal would be proud of, but Borg would just tut with disgust.

Tsonga-Murray has now started, 1-1, with serve .

[EDIT - Tsonga saves a break and holds.]

Problem with Tsonga that he is trying to outlast Murray. He ain't going to do that.

Needs to keep points short and be aggressive.

Simplet

Tsonga is playing well, shame that he decided to start by giving himself a handicap...

Who am I kidding, he's playing Murray. He'll throw the kitchen sink at him and it'll never be enough, as usual.

Talonz

I had to go to school at the end of the 2nd set and I'm so glad he came back and won! Federer can do it!!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Tsonga absolutely on fire! Probably won't be enough, though.

geez, that was a bit tense.

murray hella lucky to win that set tbh - super passive, poor first serve on important points, and going for the lob too much, but i'll take it.

tsonga playing well.

Murray's return of serve in this tiebreak has been utterly ridiculous.

But Tsonga had a good number of weak 2nd serves that he did nothing with.

Andy's pickup of that volley at 10-10...wow.

First blood to the Scot!

Murray's return of serve in that TB was ridiculous. Tsonga couldn't believe his bombs kept coming back. Great set of tennis there, but wonder if Tsonga can recover from losing it.

mclem

On the last stretch of my walk home - which takes around eight minutes - I was starting to wonder if I might get home before the end of the tiebreak. Murray won just as I was coming to my front door.

Doesn't this umpire enunciate well?

On the last stretch of my walk home - which takes around eight minutes - I was starting to wonder if I might get home before the end of the tiebreak. Murray won just as I was coming to my front door.

Doesn't this umpire enunciate well?

fergus is one of my favourite umpires - he and murray have had quite a few run ins if i remember correctly.

Ricker

Holy shit,Fed came back...? I left it was 2 sets for Cilic,awesome...and Raonic won also,woooo...gonna be a great semi.

I have Raonic as the favourite but if Fed is up for it as he seemed today then it's definitely possible fed can take it. would not be surprised to see that one go the distance also.

Speevy

Banned
I have Raonic as the favourite but if Fed is up for it as he seemed today then it's definitely possible fed can take it. would not be surprised to see that one go the distance also.

I don't know if it's just a lack of meetings but Raonic has the worst record against Federer of anyone still in the tournament.

murray's forehand is so slow this match compared to his previous. great point though.

awful set from murray - looked like he thought he was entitled to the win at the start and totally bombed a service game. dreadful.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
if raonic is going to be the one to break federer's 10-0 in wimbledon semifinals i am going to be most upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom