• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian |OT| In my memories, the monster always has kind eyes

Sami+

Loving it so much from what I played last night. About an hour and a half.

What are the controls I should know for guiding Trico? I've gotten him to sit but don't really know how I did lol.

Adryuu

Shit my previous post got buried. It was interesting lol.

Anyway I forgot to mention controls. They are totally fine when the frame rate doesn't tank, come on. I hope you are not complaining about jumping with triangle.

If any, my only complaint would be the very slow (stealthy) walking in contrast to a too fast run for some small places.

Mik317

I feel like a piece of shit but man did I find this to be boring...like I have no motivation to play it boring.

now mind you I'm not far at all (just went outside for the first time) but geez/

Going to shelf this for a time in which I have nothing else to play, to get in the right mindset. I think I need more "action" atm.

TrojanAg

The original release of SOTC on PS2 had frame rate dips into the teens (although it runs great on on the PS3 remaster) so any dips here aren't bothersome compared to previous Ueda games. Maybe someday there will be a 'trilogy' remaster in 4K on the PS5.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Someone fucking help me I am seething in frustration.

At the part in a chamber that narrator says
Beast Ill at ease, it's actually hungry
. I got the barrel for him in the next area and got him through the door. Now we're in the dark area and I have no idea where the fuck yo go from here.

Either Trico is bugged and not listening to me properly or I'm not doing something properly.

hughesta

Banned

. I got the barrel for him in the next area and got him through the door. Now we're in the dark area and I have no idea where the fuck yo go from here.

Either Trico is bugged and not listening to me properly or I'm not doing something properly.
climb on Trico and tell him to jump. There's a hole in the far right ceiling, I believe.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
climb on Trico and tell him to jump. There's a hole in the far right ceiling, I believe.

Finally got him to do it. He just refused to stand in the proper position and would only do a little hop. Thanks though.

JP

Jesus, the animation when the boy is trying to get Trico to go in a specific direction is the cutest thing ever to appear in a game. I can't believe how much this game makes me smile, such a treat.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Jesus, the animation when the boy is trying to get Trico to go in a specific direction is the cutest thing ever to appear in a game. I can't believe how much this game makes me smile, such a treat.

When me is marching in place excitedly? Yeah I love that. It's even better when you do it atop Tricos head.

Ride him. Go forward and up if I remember correctly. Just push through the dark there is no puzzle in there. Just find the exit.

If he really is bugged just load the checkpoint.

gonna be real here but I really don't understand people saying this feels like a ps2/ps3 gen game. trico is seriously one of the most impressive things I've seen in video games

I read someone call them game "dated" before I played it, so I didn't expect some parts to out Uncharted 4 at cinematic experience.

Can someone please explain the last guardian augmented reality thing that's currently on PlayStations instagram story? It seems to be a trico head that follows the camera... but I'm not sure how they've done it on instagram :S

MrHoot

Man, I was guessing that R1 + X is cancel but i'm glad it's pretty much confirmed. But I feel bad spamming it sometimes as trico will then look all sad because he thinks you're scolding him. WHY GAME

Ostinatto

Just finished the game. I'm still in shock and a bit dizzy....

This is a unique and beautifull game, we will never see a game like this in the near future, i'm pretty sure the video game industry will learn from it, like they did with Ico and Sotc.

i'm super happy that this game exist , also happy cuz i did'nt read any spoilers xD

The framerate was irrelevant throughout the whole game, i will say no more.

I need to drink something cold now.

I have no issues with the camera. But then I tend to like games where other people complain about the camera like souls games monster hunter etc. I consider it just part of the game play not something to resent.

Movement is very team ico and I just accept that too. There is animation priority over responsiveness. But for this kind of game, I like that. Make it feel even more grounded and less gamey.

My only tiny gripe with the controls is the button mapping. I feel like 99% of video games have JUMP mapped to X. And especially since I am coming off directly from playing Titanfall and FFV, there have been SOOOO many times where I have pressed X to jump and then fallen to my death instead :(

My only tiny gripe with the controls is the button mapping. I feel like 99% of video games have JUMP mapped to X. And especially since I am coming off directly from playing Titanfall and FFV, there have been SOOOO many times where I have pressed X to jump and then fallen to my death instead :(
I found it intuitive after a while. Top button to go up (jump), bottom button to go low (crouch)

Man I just read on the last page the E3 demo is about half way through. I'm well past that point now, fuck that means its almost over. Noooooo.

I found it intuitive after a while. Top button to go up (jump), bottom button to go low (crouch)

Wasn't Triangle the default jump button during PS1/PS2? I had no problem adjusting.

Illucio

Banned
I'm literally spending hours stuck at the beginning of the game, this is so embarrassing....

After the water area when you cross the rock formations, I'm stuck at this area where Trico sticks his head through the little doorway unable to get in. It seems like I need to climb the area where he is trying to come in. But there is nothing I can do in order to reach the rock climbing walls. The one pathway comes to a dead end, and the other pathway leads to where I blew up that statue thingy.

This game does not hand hold whatsoever x.x....

hughesta

Banned
I'm literally spending hours stuck at the beginning of the game, this is so embarrassing....

After the water area when you cross the rock formations, I'm stuck at this area where Trico sticks his head through the little doorway unable to get in. It seems like I need to climb the area where he is trying to come in. But there is nothing I can do in order to reach the rock climbing walls. The one pathway comes to a dead end, and the other pathway leads to where I blew up that statue thingy.

call Trico at the area you blew up the statue, and give him a minute.

brau

Go around, up the stairway where the pillar used to sit. If you stand by the ledge and use R1 to call for Trico he will come around looking for you. Once he spots you Trico will jump up from down there on that entrance.

Hope this helps. PM me if you need anything else.

Everything Uncharted 4 did wrong this game does right. Pottery.

My GOTY and new GOTG (sorry Bloodborne). I'll probably do wall-of-text impressions this friday.

Sane_Man

I'm floored by how good this is. Pretty much every moment moves me in some way. The wait was worth it. Trico is the most impressive thing I may have ever seen in a game.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I enjoy watching the boy let go of Trico and fall face first into the floor and lay there.

Roubjon

This game is literally perfect for me. There isn't a single thing wrong and I've had no problems with the camera or direction Trico around so far. There are feelings and experiences in this that I've never felt or seen in any other game out there. It's amazing. It's not a game I can steamroll through though. I definitely like playing it in little chunks.

Once I landed on a piece of wood and it broke sending me flying to my death. I don't think it was supposed to break it was really odd. It checkpointed me on the floor so I didn't have to do it again.

hughesta

Banned
Oh my god the (late game?) puzzle where
you have Trico climb the lil hill and jump into the water to boost you up
made me so happy :)

Yeah, this is game of the gen for me. Played for about 6 hours without any real frustrations. I think certain people are playing this expecting a guided cinematic experience or whatever, when in reality it's a puzzle game and you actually have to do things and do them right.

SomTervo

Played a tiny bit tonight.

Beautiful.

The thing i can't comprehend: how much you have to pay attention to Trico. Like really pay attention. You can't just go where you want to and press buttons. You've got to check he's paying attention, check he's not pining for food, not afraid of something. And you really need to engage your brain on an empathetic level to get this.

Ingenious.

This is one of the best games I've ever played but so was Colossus. I'm just susceptible to Ueda's style I guess. I just love playing this, looking at it, listening to it, watching Trico's personality and actions unfold through impeccable animation, traversing and studying the environments, finding my way forward, etc.

It's just stunning so far and completely worth the wait.

gow3isben

The consumer response to this game is so much more positive than Final Fantasy XV despite the same critical reception overall.

careksims

Just finished it. What an adventure. Definitely a contender for my GOTY. I couldn't believe I was playing. Got so many reactions out of me. Glad I went through it without spoilers and a guide.

lots of hyperbolic comments in here. i think i'm gonna join you this friday when i will finally play this wonderful game (been actively waiting ever since i finished SotC in 2006 lol).

silva1991

Everything Uncharted 4 did wrong this game does right. Pottery.

My GOTY and new GOTG (sorry Bloodborne). I'll probably do wall-of-text impressions this friday.

I haven't finished it yet, but so far it's slightly better than my GOTGs Bloodborne and Bayonetta 2.

I hope the ending is satisfying.

brawly

I love how this is the opposite of Ico, where you get saved when in peril. This game is just what I needed after being disappointed by FFXV.

Top Bottom