• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian |OT| In my memories, the monster always has kind eyes

Adryuu

So, were we feeding catbird
abducted children's remains
the whole time?

Anybody gonna make a theory thread?

Hey fix that spoiler thing, that's pretty much endgame stuff without notice.

:(

Just finished it and I feel so empty. Last time game made me feel like this was TLOU.

I I've the game at least 9/10

Any theories about the ball villain thing?

Yup. That was disturbing.

I welcome you both to discuss things in the spoiler thread. I have some speculation going on and I'd love to discuss with more people or at least read other opinions.

Link to my post, but there are several others full of speculation/opinion/headcannon:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=226232072#post226232072

Just wanna say that i started playing yesterday and holly shit, this game is amazing. I really like the interaction between the boy and animal. I was hooked in the zone playing yesterday and can't wait to get back to it ! The graphics are also nice, Trico is very well done !

This has the potential to be my game of the year.

SirNinja

Oh shit...was browsing the manual and you're not defenseless against armor. You can pull off their heads with circle

Yep. It's very situational, as Trico usually one-shots them and you're extremely vulnerable while you're pulling the helmet off, but satisfying when it works. I only realized it myself very late into the game, and only by accident. A lot of people will probably only know you can do it by reading the trophy list. (Ditto for the ability to ride on the armor's backs.)

silva1991

Hey fix that spoiler thing, that's pretty much endgame stuff without notice.

I welcome you both to discuss things in the spoiler thread. I have some speculation going on and I'd love to discuss with more people or at least read other opinions.

Link to my post, but there are several others full of speculation/opinion/headcannon:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=226232072#post226232072

Thanks. Will read it for sure.

Okay This is where I stopped playing this game -__- last night.

*There are No spoilers in this video, really this that part that pewdie pie played and the E3 trailer*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR2Zb2zwNqU

^ He's name should be Tricko!

/dead

How far in is the section from the
e3 demo
?

2/3 hours I think.

I liked the ending. Not perfection. But I was satisfied with it.

But the last 5hrs or so of the game is not as good as the first 10hrs. First 10 hours I thought this game was a 10/10. Now I do think it is fallen little down to earth.

Still a really fantastic unique game.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Woke up and recollected my thoughts. This is easily my GOTY and most likely my GOTG. The experience is unlike anything else out there and it is so damn powerful to me. I would literally spend a good two minutes after every single fight to wipe her bloody feathers clean and take out any spears. This game made me genuinely care about these two characters and the bond they share. It is a story of collaboration, and helping others succeed. It is also a story of elevating your physical limitations through love and empathy and for that, I'm eternally grateful for it.

This game genuinely makes my heart smile. <3

Okay I haven't looked anything up yet but I'm stuck, can anyone who's finished tell me what to do at
the elevator where I can't move up with Trico because of the ceiling? I've tried zapping it, I've tried riding without Trico but he just teleports there, I have no clue what to do.

Okay I haven't looked anything up yet but I'm stuck, can anyone who's finished tell me what to do at
the elevator where I can't move up with Trico because of the ceiling? I've tried zapping it, I've tried riding without Trico but he just teleports there, I have no clue what to do.

Ill give a hint and the anwser.
hint
Remember that thing you grabbed in the trico fight?
anwser
Drag tricos tail down a big whole, theres a platform underneath

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Hint:
What a fluffy tail!
Solution:
Descend using her tail first to lower level, activate all ceiling power sources.

Danielsan

I just finished the game. The final chapter brought me to tears. It''s a flawed master piece, but a master piece non the less and a game worthy of being a spiritual successor to ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

I was pretty negative initially when I started this game. Mostly with regards to the framerate, camera and controls. These issues persist throughout the entire game. There are also some issues with puzzles and way points not being completely clear/obscure from time to time, which can bog down the experience a bit. But in the end non of that really matters as the core vision of the game, slowly building a bond between Trico and the player, is so masterfully realized. I am nothing but grateful to the development team, Ueada and Sony for persevering through hard times and making this game come to fruition.

Weiss

Banned
Started it up today and dicked around for a bit.

First impressions are definitely bad. I don't like narration or the on screen prompts because it takes me out of the experience, and I don't like how you don't have to hold a button to hold onto things. That was very important to immersion!

First impressions are definitely bad. I don't like narration or the on screen prompts because it takes me out of the experience, and I don't like how you don't have to hold a button to hold onto things. That was very important to immersion!
Personally I think it would have been cool if you had a grip meter in the beginning but then it would go away once you're better friends with Trico

But overall the grip meter doesn't really make sense here

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Real talk: I was an emotional wreck for last 2/3 of the game. There were couple of moments were I couldn't stop the tears and just balled my eyes out. God damn did it felt good afterwards though. I think I enjoy weeping, wtf!?

You know it's a good insight when the impression makes you reflect back on your personal experience with the game and makes you realize what you felt but couldn't put into words.

I actually agree and now that I think about it that's why shadow of the colossus offered a stamina bar.

but I'm only 3 hours into this journey, who knows if I might change my mind in the end.

I definitely don't like the screen help Icons at all, I wish I could disable them.

Zophar

I am stuck in the
water cave
after you fall in from pushing over the aroma pot. I know that I supposed to get Trico to
lower his tail
but I cannot get him to do it for the life of me. He just stands there barking - what the hell am I supposed to do? Am I stuck here in a glitch?

Both of the narration cues come and go, too, and nothing changes. Very frustrating and worried I have to start over.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

The grip meter was essential in the challenge and gameplay of SotC. It's not needed for a game like TLG as you aren't fighting to stay on Trico like you were the Colossi.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I am stuck in the
water cave
after you fall in from pushing over the aroma pot. I know that I supposed to get Trico to
lower his tail
but I cannot get him to do it for the life of me. He just stands there barking - what the hell am I supposed to do? Am I stuck here in a glitch?

Both of the narration cues come and go, too, and nothing changes. Very frustrating and worried I have to start over.
She lowered her tail when I swam to the end of that room facing the wall with the wooden foundation. Used the wooden box to jump up and grab it. Keep swimming and looking up(?)
Good luck!

I really like the kid. I know it's all about the beast, but I think the way he stumbles is amazing. He does a bunch of stuff with his hands too, like puts it on a railing when overlooking a balcony, and when I was holding the light shield, he held on to his shoulder because it was too heavy!!

Definitely wish they did away with button prompts on screen and Im not sure how I feel about the narration as Ive already been told obvious things. "The beast was afraid to go any further!" (I know that!)

Seems very much like it was there for new players.

It's also strange seeing the intro credits, as it felt very ... modern compared to the beautiful SoTC. But I loved the sketches.

Maybe it's a hint to the next game :p

Haha, god how I hope Sony works with Ueda again. I dont want these games to stop.

Have to say, so far, SoTC is still the absolute best. This game has made me want to play it again

DaddyDonuts

Neo Member
Really wish the on-screen prompts were optional and the narrator was a bit more sparse, but this game is the best damn thing. I don't know how far I am at the moment, probably somewhere around 6-7 hours. It just keeps surprising me. What a game.

ScOULaris

I am stuck in the
water cave
lower his tail

That is the most annoying "puzzle" in the game. Basically,
bring the box over to the back right corner of the water area (looking out at the water from the land area where the box originally sat before you pushed it into the water). Trico should splinter some of the wood above you and then lower his tail down

You're not the only one who got stuck on that part. I'd think nearly every did or will.

A-V-B

Okay, stuck on the
huge pool area where Toriko can dive deep into the water. There's something at the bottom, like a hole, or... something. But I can't get Toriko to dive deep enough, and I can't swim past a certain point. Any clues?

AzureFlame

Okay, stuck on the
huge pool area where Toriko can dive deep into the water. There's something at the bottom, like a hole, or... something. But I can't get Toriko to dive deep enough, and I can't swim past a certain point. Any clues?

dive without him there is a hole not far down so you can enter and open the door from behind

SomTervo

PEGI 12
ESRB Teen
Same team as ICO and SOTC

You probably could have guessed there'd be some stuff in here that could upset an extremely empathetic 8 year old.

It's still basically confirming the sort of thing that happens in the game.

This can still surprise you from a story standpoint. For instance, the recent surprise (recent huge game) in
Uncharted 4
, where (ending story landscape spoilers)
nobody dies and it's emotionally powerful in a positive way
. Esp when everyone
expected Sully at least to bite the bullet, but even as much as Drake

I guess you're right about the '12' PEGI limit but that shit is so subjective.

A-V-B

dive without him there is a hole not far down so you can enter and open the door from behind

Do I just have way more air than I think I do? After about 15 or so seconds, the boy seems to be desperate for air and I have to swim back to the surface. Is this intentional?

AzureFlame

Do I just have way more air than I think I do? After about 15 or so seconds, the boy seems to be desperate for air and I have to swim back to the surface. Is this intentional?

the hole is under the door, not really that far

DaddyDonuts

Neo Member
Just did the part where
you're in the water and have to raise a gate and then make Trico dive and swim through a cave. That was *great*, but then there's another room just like it. More water, another blocked underwater cave and a lever behind a gate. Only this time, the ladder up tto the lever behind the gate is broken. It took me a while to figure it out, but the solution to that is one of the most intuitive and joyful puzzle solutions I've ever experienced in a game. Wow.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
After the cart
catapult area, how do you activate the golem at the top? I know there's a barrel behind him but I can't figure out how to get a helmet up there since the boy drops it when launched up.

pls help

silva1991

Just did the part where
you're in the water and have to raise a gate and then make Trico dive and swim through a cave. That was *great*, but then there's another room just like it. More water, another blocked underwater cave and a lever behind a gate. Only this time, the ladder up tto the lever behind the gate is broken. It took me a while to figure it out, but the solution to that is one of the most intuitive and joyful puzzle solutions I've ever experienced in a game. Wow.

Fuck yes. It's probably my favorite puzzle in the game personally.

Cess007

Finally played a bit last night, made it until
the first mirror that scares Trico appears and i'd to throw it down out of the way
. I can understand some complains now, the controls and the camera are terrible at times (I even cracked the camera to Max sensitivity) and are hard to get even when compared to ICO and SotC.

However, level design, atmosphere and an animations are top notch. Trico is unbearably cute and behaves sometimes so real that it's kinda scary (I was playing with my dog watching, and when Trico started scratching his hear, my dog started to do the same lol)

SomTervo

wth are u guys talking about spoilers. I feel like someone just hinted something .

im out

yeah it would be great if people could move spoiler chat immediately to, you know, the actual spoiler thread

don't spoil shit people have been waiting almost 10 years for

the game isn't even out in the UK yet

yeah it would be great if people could move spoiler chat immediately to, you know, the actual spoiler thread

don't spoil shit people have been waiting almost 10 years for

the game isn't even out in the UK yet

If only we had some system where you could hide spoilers,but people could choose to view them. That way people could get help and not spoil the entire game for themselves.

Dont click on the spoilers tags.
Nobody is forcing you to click on the spoiler tags.

cooldawn

I played about 20 minutes and then realised I'm still to play Shadow of the Colossus. I feel bad.

I have the PS3 Remaster. Really, I should complete that first. Or not. Oh...I don't know.

wapplew

I think we put Trico and Boy up there with Joel/Ellie, Drake/Sully, etc. as one of the best duos in games, right?

pKLy9Ewl.jpg

Definitely up there with Joel and Ellie for me.

Top Bottom