• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian |OT| In my memories, the monster always has kind eyes

I'm honestly not sure what to say to some people. Trico does everything you tell it with a delay, something like 10 to 15 seconds but it can take longer if Trico needs to get into position. Even a simple jump command will have Trico readying itself, getting into position and usually let out a call before making the leap. Its by no means immediate or even prompt but again, its supposed to be an independent and slightly stubborn creature.

I haven't beaten the game yet but seriously, I've had no issues getting Trico to do what I want, go where I want, smash the armored enemies or what have you. This is all taking into account the aforementioned delay in responses from Trico but even still I find it a breeze. Once again. Do not spam commands to Trico it will either confuse it or it will just sit there looking nonplussed. A single command and wait. Even pointing in what direction you want shouldn't be spammed.

Other than that I'm not sure what else to say to some folks who have serious trouble. Perhaps uninstall and reinstall the game and make sure you have the 1.02 patch for the game installed as apparently that alleviates some issues.
God I hope there won't be patch that makes trico insta respond cause that would kill the experience for me. They can go ahead tune up the camera and framerate though

Yeah it doesn't work, I doubt I would find a single person who said he experienced smooth sailing the whole game through. Trico gets stuck in corners, keeps spinning in place, tries to grab a barrel 50 times without success needing me to move it a meter to the side, seeing a clear solution but Trico just won't respond to command making you feel like you are doing it wrong looking for anything else but later finding out that your first solution actually was right but the game was just taking a piss, etc
I never experienced stuff like that, especially Trico getting stuck or spinning around, and I'm currently on a second playthrough

The last one is debatable.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
For buttons, I've learned, it's better to leave them pressed than pressing numerous time, much more responsive. (if you leave O pressed, the child will go by itself pick up and get it as long as you keep it pressed. If you leave X pressed, he'll let go for a longer time and then you release to regrab again)

I find a single press, short or held, is often enough. I'm not sure if it helps but I often stand on Trico's back or head when I want to give precise commands though I don't know if that makes a difference.

I think you would enjoy Daikatana and Amy then :)

You see, if you have a game where you need your AI companion to work with you but he doesn't just because "he is designed not to be cooperative" then it sucks. If you have a game where you AI companion is not always necessary and can sometimes tell you to piss off then you can make a good game out of it, a good example of this would be Binary Domain.

I admit Trico's AI can be a bit on the troublesome side at times but so far I've found a lot of the times for me it's stemmed from an object being ever so slightly out of place, which I feel is more a separate design issue of trigger requirements being too exact which is pretty common still in a number of Japanese games for some reason.

You just reminded me that I really need to get around to playing Binary Domain sometime too. It's been on my backlog forever.

I feel like I played a different game than most people, because my major complaint is that Trico was too smart and too automated. Often I would climb on him, and while I was getting my bearings he would start the necessary series of jumps with no direction or input from me, turning the game into a non-interactive jumping cutscene 10% of the time. The boy frustrates me far more than Trico....he's slow as shit and awfully methodical in his motions for someone with a killer suit of armour breathing down his neck. And I never got the hang (tee hee) of jumping backwards off a chain or rope.

It's really hard to have a discussion with detractors of the game because most of the time the complaints could be answered with "git gud".

I'm serious - it's like people are incapable of realizing that more often than not, the problem is in how they are playing instead of the game. This isn't a simple question of having the player pick up the slack for game jank, the game is LITERALLY built around you trying to make Toriko understand you, and there are better and worse ways to do so. If you really are taking 15 minutes just to get him in position, change your approach.

I feel like I played a different game than most people, because my major complaint is that Trico was too smart and too automated. Often I would climb on him, and while I was getting my bearings he would start the necessary series of jumps with no direction or input from me, turning the game into a non-interactive jumping cutscene 10% of the time. The boy frustrates me far more than Trico....he's slow as shit and awfully methodical in his motions for someone with a killer suit of armour breathing down his neck. And I never got the hang (tee hee) of jumping backwards off a chain or rope.

I've noticed him doing things by himself more often near the late game, which makes me think this was intended.

HStallion

This happened to me a lot. I would climb onto Trico to get a better look around and see if I could leap off of it to get to a higher platform or ledge and it would leap somewhere else and we'd already be in the next section.

HStallion

I'd say I'm a third to halfway though the game and I think I'm agreeing with this post. I loved the moment to moment gameplay in Ico and SOTC while I'm fighting TLG's camera and game design most of the time.

You shouldn't be. The camera is something I'll restate is you shouldn't mess with it much. Turn the sensitivity up a lot, use L1 to focus the camera on Trico when you need to and don't jam the stick around and hold it. The camera works far far better if you just use light taps to make small adjustments. The camera tends to gain some momentum when you swing it around and will keep moving even after you let off the stick. That and be aware the camera seems programmed to frame certain scenes in a specific manner and will be taken away from you.

Feed Trico a lot, pet it all the time in different parts of its body, remove spears quickly as possible and I'm not sure if this helps but sitting on Trico's back or head and giving commands often seems to get a more immediate response. I even had Trico jump up and down doing this which is kind of hilarious as it just hops straight up. Give a command, wait to see if Trico heard it and it will often give a visual cue it did and for things like the jump command it will need to move to the proper position, adjust its body for the jump and will call out right before. This can take ten to twenty seconds.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
God I hope there won't be patch that makes trico insta respond cause that would kill the experience for me. They can go ahead tune up the camera and framerate though

I don't think they're even gonna touch Trico's AI since that was the most problematic aspect to get up and running according to rumors.

The thing that breaks the illusion is that Trico will othewise sit and stare at you attentively until you give him a command and he gets stuck trying to navigate the environment and maneuver properly.

It's akin to talking to a feathered Roomba. It's cute but it's just a little dumb robot.

epmode

You shouldn't be. The camera is something I'll restate is you shouldn't mess with it much. Turn the sensitivity up a lot, use L1 to focus the camera on Trico when you need to and don't jam the stick around and hold it. The camera works far far better if you just use light taps to make small adjustments. The camera tends to gain some momentum when you swing it around and will keep moving even after you let off the stick. That and be aware the camera seems programmed to frame certain scenes in a specific manner and will be taken away from you.

I talked about my problems with the camera in earlier posts and it's not the kind of thing you're addressing here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=226285199&highlight=#post226285199

Basically, the areas are too compact and narrow for such a camera. Maybe the game opens up later, I'm not sure yet.

In other news, I'd love a way to prevent my guy from grabbing Trico as he falls.

I don't think they're even gonna touch Trico's AI since that was the most problematic aspect to get up and running according to rumors.

The thing that breaks the illusion is that Trico will othewise sit and stare at you attentively until you give him a command and he gets stuck trying to navigate the environment and maneuver properly.

It's akin to talking to a feathered Roomba. It's cute but it's just a little dumb robot.
95% of the time, Trico was helping me by looking at or interacting with the way forward, and such

I honestly can't recall a moment where Trico just sits and stares at you, waiting. Either he was walking around, scratching, looking around, or he was hinting at where to go be next through where it would look or body language or what it was interacting with

epmode

95% of the time, Trico will be helping me by looking at or interacting with the way forward, and such

I honestly can't recall a moment where Trico just sits and stares at you, waiting. Either he was walking around, scratching, looking around, or he was hinting at where to go be next through where it would look or body language or what it was interacting with

My worst time with Trico was when he fixated on that blue vase thing that gets attached to chains. The puzzle was complete, I had opened the path forward but he just sat there staring at it with yellow eyes. I tried to get him to move for 20 minutes, thinking I was missing something silly.

Nope! Bug. Reloading the checkpoint fixed it.

Dad

The worst thing I can say about Trico's AI so far is that it's pretty terrible at being able to grab barrels. Otherwise it's been able to consistently do what I ask it to barring a few dumb moments where I was trying to solve a puzzle incorrectly

My worst time with Trico was when he fixated on that blue vase thing that gets attached to chains. The puzzle was complete, I had opened the path forward but he just sat there staring at it with yellow eyes. I tried to get him to move for 20 minutes, thinking I was missing something silly.

Nope! Bug. Reloading the checkpoint fixed it.
Yeah, a lot of these issues sound like bugs. That part, I just got his attention and moved over to give him space.

I'm honestly not sure what to say to some people. Trico does everything you tell it with a delay, something like 10 to 15 seconds but it can take longer if Trico needs to get into position. Even a simple jump command will have Trico readying itself, getting into position and usually let out a call before making the leap. Its by no means immediate or even prompt but again, its supposed to be an independent and slightly stubborn creature. The most annoying time I had with Trico was when I was trying to solve a puzzle incorrectly and thought it was Trico having issues and when he was playing with a chain. The chain part I didn't even mind as it was the cutest damn thing I'd seen in the game yet.

I haven't beaten the game yet but seriously, I've had no issues getting Trico to do what I want, go where I want, smash the armored enemies or what have you. This is all taking into account the aforementioned delay in responses from Trico but even still I find it a breeze. Once again. Do not spam commands to Trico it will either confuse it or it will just sit there looking nonplussed. A single command and wait. Even pointing in what direction you want shouldn't be spammed.

Other than that I'm not sure what else to say to some folks who have serious trouble. Perhaps uninstall and reinstall the game and make sure you have the 1.02 patch for the game installed as apparently that alleviates some issues.

same. i suspected some reviewers were going a little overboard regarding this, &, from my own experience, this indeed has proven to be the case. yes, there can be moments of hesitation, which simply mimic what would be actual behavior, but that's really all there is to it...

KevinG

Just made it to the part where
Trico is hungry and I had to slip under that door to grab the food

How far am I?

And now that I've got him moving, I don't know what to do next. Tempted to ask for help, but it's also so satisfying to figure it out every after 30 minutes of being stumped.

Resorting to personal insults now are we? Congrats on beating the game under 15 hours. You are acting like I am the only one who has a problem with the game or that I am too stupid to enjoy it for what it is. Of course every obstacle can be cleared quickly if you can see the solution but that is what I said already, I knew the solution but the game prevented me from executing it making me believe it actually wasn't the solution and only after running around for 10 minutes did the game tell me what I was supposed to do which was what I was trying to do at the beginning. That's the problem.

So you are saying that a puzzle game which won't always let you execute the necessary actions to solve it's puzzles is a good game? Look, even in ICO Yorda wasn't always cooperating but at least you knew that you just had to move her a little bit or something because the solution was there, here you have to either keep trying to make Trico do what you want to do or look for a different solution but you are never sure which one it is.

Hey, now I haven't resorted to obscenities yet. Apologies if it comes of that way. Anyway back to my point. What I meant was that there should be no AI resistance to clear obstacles, if Trico took a long time to execute then that could be the result of a bug because he was very responsive to my request. Maybe because I keep petting him or going out my way to give as much food to him as possible. But in any case, you're not the first to encounter issues with the AI, we get that and that's something we're becoming increasingly aware.

The worst thing I can say about Trico's AI so far is that it's pretty terrible at being able to grab barrels. Otherwise it's been able to consistently do what I ask it to barring a few dumb moments where I was trying to solve a puzzle incorrectly

My suggestion is to directly throw the barrel at Trico. It works 99% of the time, especially in narrow or vertical spaces. Wait for his eyes to glow yellow, he'll give a bark signaling for you to throw and he'll grab it. I have become quite amused by it to be honest. One of my personal highlights for me.

EDIT: Oh, and for the record, I have played the entire game with the patch 1.02. Not sure if that means anything.

HStallion

I'm not even sure what you're talking about? Trico usually wanders around environments and will do a variety of things while waiting for you to solve a puzzle or give it a command. If anything I have to call Trico over to me before I really try to get it to help me out, that or run over to it, climb it and give it a command. It will sit on occasion but one of the things I love about it is catching it doing something unexpected. I one time lost track of Trico and found it scratching itself on some of the walls like a dog or cat would.

I talked about my problems with the camera in earlier posts and it's not the kind of thing you're addressing here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=226285199&highlight=#post226285199

Basically, the areas are too compact and narrow for such a camera. Maybe the game opens up later, I'm not sure yet.

In other news, I'd love a way to prevent my guy from grabbing Trico as he falls.

Hold or mash X while trying to drop off Trico. Sometimes you'll drop and grab onto another part of it on the way down. Mash it a few times for a second and that should solve your problem.

As to the camera, I'll give you the same advice I did above. Small adjustments, don't alter it too much and don't fight it. Even in small areas I have very few issues. I often make a few taps to reorient the camera and I'm good to go. Perhaps its the fact I've been gaming for a few decades and I've played games with far worse cameras than this and I just adjust quickly but the camera is more often not, an afterthought for me and hasn't hindered me outside of a few occasions.

Trico for some reason won't grab barrels in tight spaces. This is one of the few times I was annoyed with it but then I realized I had to toss the barrel somewhere else with a more open ground plan and the issue was solved.

JerkShep

I never experienced stuff like that, especially Trico getting stuck or spinning around, and I'm currently on a second playthrough

The last one is debatable.

I agree. I would even say that for how the game is structured you don't really need Trico to do complex stuff. For most of my playthrough he progressed through the area naturally with few inputs to begin with. Some people seem hell-bent on this broken AI thing and I won't be able to change their mind but this is my experience with the game and hope that alleviates some issues they might have.

Most of the time he just needs a little positioning help and you can do everything with a simple R1 push in the spot you need him to stand

Sometimes, for jumps, he needs more space and you might have to call him back a bit so he can gain momentum and then press forward one time to let him do his thing.

It can get a bit more tricky when you need to put his tail somewhere specific but most of the time you can drag it yourself so his positioning doesn't need to be perfect.

For platforming sections you need to follow his eyes and point the direction one time at the start, he will complete the sequence by himself. If it's a long sequence, you might have to repeat the command one other time halfway but absolutely not for every jump

Don't issue commands when you are on top of his head, he lowers it and interprets it as a coddling gesture. If I put my hands on my dog's head and keep it there he does the same lol. But you can give a command from his back and when he's in position climb his head to reach your destination. Issue Commands always from standing position on his back or when you are on the ground.

In small environments he might try to follow you and adapt a stance not ideal for big movements such as jumps so you might have to lead him back to an open room and then re-enter, but it's very rare

I think you can finish the game simply using R1 and R1 plus forward, the other commands are used sparingly at most and even if it's a jump Trico for me reacted even with just pressing forward but ymmv in this case

Don't spam commands. Ever

That's mostly it. Hope my experience can alleviate some issues you might have.

watdaeff4

I'm only a few hours into the game but this game is great.

Being a dog owner all my life has made it that much more special to me.

Regarding issues with the camera I've hadn't had much problems, only once very briefly did it get wonky on me and that is when I was climbing Trico and he was going under an archway at the same time.

Trico's AI is amazing. There was one time I got "stuck" for about 10-15 minutes due to he not being extremely responsive. I think the way it is intentionally designed if you are impatient and expect instant responsiveness/gratification then you are going to get frustrated as you will know what needs to be done but have to be dependent upon Trico. Unfortunately for these people that is part of the intended experience.

My biggest issue with the controls is that for so many games I'm so used to X being the jump button.

I think it would best if people started using the patch versions on top of their posts so we can ascertain where we can isolate the issue.

Me: Patch 1.02 (full playthrough experience)

I think you are just making an excuse for a weak AI. I don't believe the fact that Trico behaves erratically is on purpose, but if it is, then wow, making such a broken AI on purpose is real feat and I'm dead serious.

The AI isn't weak though, objectively. Weak AI would be him doing exactly what you want him to every time, because that isn't AI, that's just following a pre-programmed instruction. His AI routines are absolutely amazing, just watch him navigate environments while tracking you all the time. If you're frustrated that you can't make him behave exactly how you want him to the second you tell him to do a thing, you need to be patient, but that's how animals work. It's intentional, and not broken.

KevinG

The AI isn't weak though, objectively. Weak AI would be him doing exactly what you want him to every time, because that isn't AI, that's just following a pre-programmed instruction. His AI routines are absolutely amazing, just watch him navigate environments while tracking you all the time. If you're frustrated that you can't make him behave exactly how you want him to the second you tell him to do a thing, you need to be patient, but that's how animals work. It's intentional, and not broken.

Every time I'm frustrated, I remind myself of this. It's very obviously a gameplay mechanic, intentional resistance from the AI, but I've been programmed by the past decade of gaming to have everything be essentially instant and easy.

HStallion

Every time I'm frustrated, I remind myself of this. It's very obviously a gameplay mechanic, intentional resistance from the AI, but I've been programmed by the past decade of gaming to have everything be essentially instant and easy.

I know it sounds weird to some but this is one of the aspects I love about this game. Aside from the button prompts it doesn't cater at all to modern gaming sensibilities like instant gratification, hand holding and so on. Its a breath of fresh air.

Zomba13

My copy arrived like an hour ago and I've played a bit but the framerate and camera and killing me. I'm feeling sick from it and I don't know if it's the framerate or the camera or both of them. Just getting motion sick like from a few other games (The Witness was another big one this year). I'm using the latest patch and an original PS4 so maybe if I got a pro it'd be smoother but I don't think it'd fix the sluiggish camera. Even on max sensitivity it's bad. I think it's the speed ramp up, how it starts sloooow then speeds up it just messes me up.

Other than that I think the game looks great outside of the boy, he just doesn't look like he fits (the textures and lighting on him are off compared to everything else) and it's a bit frustrating with Trico, like you call him over, he comes, he's in the right place, you climb on him to get to the ledge and as you are climbing he then wanders off or moves his head away from the thing then wanders off. I understand it's part of the whole "it's a living thing and doesn't always listen" but when I'm spending 10 minutes trying to get onto a ledge then it becomes a problem. Maybe it's only bad for the "secret" barrels or something? Because he kept trying to go to the first destroyable obstacle and not where I wanted.

I'll play more later once my stomach has settled.

KevinG

I know it sounds weird to some but this is one of the aspects I love about this game. Aside from the button prompts it doesn't cater at all to modern gaming sensibilities like instant gratification, hand holding and so on. Its a breath of fresh air.

Agreed. I absolutely love it.

I just made it to the part where
the kid is hanging from that branch and the first thing I did was tilt the camera to see if Trico was breathing at the bottom.

About how much of the game do I have left? I'm not ready for it to be over.

nny

Maybe it's me learning how to play, but I feel like Trico is getting more responsive. I wouldn't be surprised if this is how it's supposed to be, the longer you stick together, the closer you get and the easier you communicate. If that's the case, everyone complaining about Trico's responsiveness should start to treat their adventure partner better. ;P

HStallion

Other than that I think the game looks great outside of the boy, he just doesn't look like he fits (the textures and lighting on him are off compared to everything else) and it's a bit frustrating with Trico, like you call him over, he comes, he's in the right place, you climb on him to get to the ledge and as you are climbing he then wanders off or moves his head away from the thing then wanders off. I understand it's part of the whole "it's a living thing and doesn't always listen" but when I'm spending 10 minutes trying to get onto a ledge then it becomes a problem. Maybe it's only bad for the "secret" barrels or something? Because he kept trying to go to the first destroyable obstacle and not where I wanted.

I'll play more later once my stomach has settled.

Trico becomes more easily controlled later in the game. At the start he's an abused animal that has little human contact. Also the Boy's different look is on purpose, it helps him stand out from the environments.

Maybe it's me learning how to play, but I feel like Trico is getting more responsive. I wouldn't be surprised if this is how it's supposed to be, the longer you stick together, the closer you get and the easier you communicate. If that's the case, everyone complaining about Trico's responsiveness should start to treat their adventure partner better. ;P

Your relationship is better. You are correct. This is a gameplay mechanic.

Agreed. I absolutely love it.

I just made it to the part where
the kid is hanging from that branch and the first thing I did was tilt the camera to see if Trico was breathing at the bottom.

About how much of the game do I have left? I'm not ready for it to be over.

A lot. You are only around 60-70% in.

Icolin

Banned
Hey guys, so I got a PS4 Pro at launch with Uncharted 4 and Resident Evil Origins Collection (beat both already), and I need some help with deciding what games to get for Christmas, now that I'm done both of the games I have.

Obviously I'm gonna get this game (avatarquote.jpeg), but what else do you think I should get? It's either FFXV +TLG for Christmas, or TLOU Remastered + Ratchet and Clank + TLG.

The bolded games can be switched out with Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Witcher 3, or whatever else you guys like on the PS4 that aren't brand new, 80$ games (I live in Canada)

HStallion

I gotta admit the game is surprisingly long. I'm taking my time anyways as I just enjoy exploring the environments and watching Trico at times but when I thought I was at the halfway point I found out I was only about 25 to 30 percent into the game. That and combined with the often organic and ingenious puzzles makes me so damn happy. We just don't get large scale console games like this anymore.

HStallion

Hey guys, so I just got a PS4 Pro with Uncharted 4 and Resident Evil Origins Collection, and I need some help with deciding what games to get for Christmas.

Obviously I'm gonna get this game (avatarquote.jpeg), but what else do you think I should get? It's either FFXV +TLG for Christmas, or TLOU Remastered + Ratchet and Clank + TLG.

The bolded games can be switched out with Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Witcher 3, or whatever else you guys like on the PS4 that aren't brand new, 80$ games.

I haven't played FFXV but if you enjoyed the past Ratchet and Clank games you will love the PS4 remake. Its beautiful on the PRO and is really fun at that. And of course TLoU Remastered is one of the best games around.

Hey guys, so I just got a PS4 Pro with Uncharted 4 and Resident Evil Origins Collection, and I need some help with deciding what games to get for Christmas.

The bolded games can be switched out with Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Witcher 3, or whatever else you guys like on the PS4 that aren't brand new, 80$ games.
Have you played Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Witcher 3, etc. before?

Icolin

Banned
I haven't played FFXV but if you enjoyed the past Ratchet and Clank games you will love the PS4 remake. Its beautiful on the PRO and is really fun at that. And of course TLoU Remastered is one of the best games around.

Yeah, I'm mainly interested in Ratchet as a palate cleanser after playing very emotional and grim games like TLOU and TLG.

Blinck

Something really odd is that everytime I take a break from the game (shut down the console) and comeback the framerate seems really smooth for the first 5 min or so on OG PS4.

Really wierd but maybe I'm just imagining things

Editora: not imagining. The game was running super smooth in a certain area, but after entering a new área the framerate tanked. Went back to the original "smooth" área and the framerate stayed low instead of going back up.

This is why the beggining of the game is always smooth.

Nope, although I might just wait on Until Dawn until next Halloween or when it comes onto PS+
Damn, those are hard choices then, If you liked the Souls games, Bloodborne is a must. Like horror movies and Telltale-style choice-driven adventures, Until Dawn is right up your alley. Witcher 3 is my favorite RPG in a long time, but it's a very specific RPG (dont play expecting different classes or defining your own character).

ScOULaris

So is his name pronounced "Tree-coh"? The boy pronounces it "Ter-ee-coh" or "Tree-ker"

Trico is the Anglo-cized spelling and pronunciation of his name. In the Japanese release it converts over to Toriko, which is how the boy says it as well. It just comes down to how Japanese speakers pronounce their R sounds when they directly follow another consonant.

Trico is a play on the naming conventions used in all of Ueda's games thus far.

ICO
NICO (codename for Shadow of the Colossus during development)
Trico

Ni means "two" in Japanese, hence the Ni-co codename for their second project, and Trico uses the "tri" prefix to reference its place as the third game developed by his team.

Game just got delivered. One question is how much of a benefit is the day one patch. Got ps4 pro 4K tv but was wondering if it's still best to go 1080 or go for the 4K visuals.

ScOULaris

Game just got delivered. One question is how much of a benefit is the day one patch. Got ps4 pro 4K tv but was wondering if it's still best to go 1080 or go for the 4K visuals.

Definitely go 1080p for the better performance IMO. It's the bigger benefit between the two modes.

As for the patch, definitely apply it. The general idea is that it introduces some fixes that make bugs with Trico's AI less likely to occur.

The light shield feels so rough when scrolling with it. Nothing horrible or unwieldy, just jarring.

I also have had no problem with Trico so far, but mind you I just got to the part right after where I am separated from him by a giant gate, and I had to go through a window and around to open it.

Trico was so cute during that time.

I wonder if the bond grows the more you pet Trico? Maybe some people never stopped to do so? :p

MrHoot

The light shield feels so rough when scrolling with it. Nothing horrible or unwieldy, just jarring.

I also have had no problem with Trico so far, but mind you I just got to the part right after where I am separated from him by a giant gate, and I had to go through a window and around to open it.

Trico was so cute during that time.

I wonder if the bond grows the more you pet Trico? Maybe some people never stopped to do so? :p

Maybe. I know I used my logic of positive reinforcement (petting after he did an action I wanted at the beginning. Also noticing petting on bloodstains cleans him up so I did that a lot because I didn't want him all bloody =p) and just sometimes took time to "smell the flowers"

Top Bottom