• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Multiplayer Discussion Thread

zma1013

I really, really like this game but I don't like how I can't tell when an enemy has an upgraded/modded rifle or handgun. Hate getting outshot. Hate that element of randomness in this game.

Eh, not really a big deal to me as I just assume that them shooting at me is bad, so I try to shoot them first. I have a slightly bigger issue with how fast you can purchase armor in the game myself. I'll be shooting a guy, knock his armor off, he ducks behind cover for a split second and comes out with a fresh new set of armor. Perhaps there should at least be a small crafting period for armor and bonus weapons like there is when you make molotovs or whatever.

I've been doing this wrong the whole time, before today I've been living the struggle. Now I use crafter 3 and first aid 2. I can't hold all this salvage now.

Great games Killthee, Ozymandias and Somnium. Some really superb moments. It's amazing how much better I play (and how much I rage less lol) when I have great players to play with lol. :)

Vitanimus

Haven't played in about a week but will add some more gaffers tonight and play a few rounds if anybody wants to play. I'll try not suck! PSN - georgekupo

test_account

XP-39C²
I ended week 12 now with 84 survivors! :( One short of getting the last unlock, damnit!

I did a big math mistake, i thought that i could do "85 * 1.20 = 102" to find out how many survivors i minimally needed, but that doesnt work. The minimal number of survivors you need at the end is 107 (20% of that is 21.4 survivors, which leaves you with 85.6 survivors).

I thought i was safe when i had 106 survivors, but i just needed one more :( If i knew this, i would have quit the game right at the end because i saw that i didnt have enough resources to gain one extra survivor, or at least i saw that i wasnt guaranteed to gain one extra survivor.

Its not really a big deal though because i wouldnt have used the last unlock anyway, but it still sucks. I think its nice to know that i have gotten all the unlocks, so that i dont have to think anything about the survivor meta game anymore.

GolazoDan

Started playing in a party with 2 of my friends yesterday. Amazing the difference that it made, even just looking at my own personal performance. I wasn't even using my mic but we all know to pay attention and stick together so it was great.

Weird glitch when a game freaked out and eventually froze. It was weird because I was holed upstairs on the Bill's Town map and noticed nobody around. Wandered about, could hear shooting and shouting but nothing. Nobody was respawning when they should have, then the game bugged out when I wandered halfway across the map.

I know I posted my PSN ID in the thread earlier, but I am about to finish the single player - and plan to hop right into the MP.

Would love to play with some fellow GAFer's - I do have a mic. I live in the US on the east coast.

PSN ID - xX_Supaman_Xx

P.s. I intend to go send out friend requests once I finish the game, using the list in the OP - but it would just be nice to have a few already on my list by the time I get around to doing it. Thanks!

Mobius1

I'm just getting into the multiplayer side (on Week 2) and looking to get much better at this game.

PSN ID: Mobius5

Timezone: US Mountain Daylight Time

No Mic

I'm a pretty casual player and usually prefer support roles.

badyu17

I really don't know what's going on but I'm now on week 12 day four and for the fifth time I got Firefly attack and 100 percent risk of population. I thought it was 2 or 3 times? WTH.

vvise

had my first > 6000 point round last night. feels good. basically last man standing every round and win half of those times, i think two aces.

Covert 3 + Strategist 2 with silenced semi-auto or a bow is too good.

Can't be marked, can't be heard, don't show up on radar when firing and see enemies near you on radar.

Vitanimus

had my first > 6000 point round last night. feels good. basically last man standing every round and win half of those times, i think two aces.

Covert 3 + Strategist 2 with silenced semi-auto or a bow is too good.

Can't be marked, can't be heard, don't show up on radar when firing and see enemies near you on radar.

That's impressive! I regularly get 2.5k. I really need to experiment with my loadouts more.

Jesuschrist at this guy with 158 weeks.

Some people are crazy, the one that got me was the stats when i completed the Firefly campaign, saying the person with the most people in their camp had over 500!

How the hell do you get 500 people in your camp? The sheer amount of supplies to sustain that would be shocking surely!

jett

D-Member
Some people are crazy, the one that got me was the stats when i completed the Firefly campaign, saying the person with the most people in their camp had over 500!

How the hell do you get 500 people in your camp? The sheer amount of supplies to sustain that would be shocking surely!

cheating i guess

areutheone2 left me the last guy to kill and I DIED both in game and from embarrassment.

KuGsj.gif
Playing with Auto2 is a great way to starve your clan.

ShogunX

Thats what i figured, shows how sad some people are though considering the amount of work to cheat that many people into your camp.

people just want to get to the top of the leaderboards for the ''fame''. Happens on pretty much every game with leaderboards but normally the cheaters and boosters are removed by the devs.

Woah how do I join the gaf clan?

There are two things that bug me about the MP:

1. The randomness of items in the boxes can really make or break a game

2. Listen mode should not be allowed

I love the maps and it feels like a mix of socom and gears of war. Awesome!
Also it seems the crossbow is OP. People be one/two shooting me with it even though I have armour, not to mention its quick.

I'm on week three and... well I really don't like the multiplayer. The guns I have suck so much it's not funny. I can only get one shot off when the person I shoot gets off three. It's ridiculous. Most of all, I hate the bow and arrow. I get shot with it all the time, even when I'm crouched. I have no leverage. I use listen mode and nothing. I just get shot and die.

I get an average of 4 kills a game while they just murder me over and over. I just can't have fun when I'm constantly dominated every. single. game.

I will give it a few more tries but I think I'm done with the multiplayer. It's tedious and people are just too good... I don't feel like I'm playing the same game sometimes.

squidyj

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I was matched into a game where I was forced into spectator mode because the team I was joining didn't have any respawns and there were 30 seconds left in the game. what the fuck is this shit?

zma1013

I'm on week three and... well I really don't like the multiplayer. The guns I have suck so much it's not funny. I can only get one shot off when the person I shoot gets off three. It's ridiculous. Most of all, I hate the bow and arrow. I get shot with it all the time, even when I'm crouched. I have no leverage. I use listen mode and nothing. I just get shot and die.

I get an average of 4 kills a game while they just murder me over and over. I just can't have fun when I'm constantly dominated every. single. game.

I will give it a few more tries but I think I'm done with the multiplayer. It's tedious and people are just too good... I don't feel like I'm playing the same game sometimes.

Try playing with a team? Also, week 3 is really early. I don't think anybody was really good at week 3.

The game play is so good, but I'm being matched against people way better than me in the no parties supply raid. Wish there was a playing ranking system to separate the players.

I honestly don't see why Naughty Dog can't look at people's rankings when matchmaking and say, "Hey, there are 4 guys in this room who have multiple stars and 4 guys who are less than Week 2... maybe we can divide them up?"

It drives me insane when I get put on a team with 3 people who just bought the game yesterday, versus 4 guys who have six stars and a god damn pentagram of sticks.

Played around with Xx_Supaman_xX tonight - was on Supply Raid but I had no item boxes to raid. That sucked.

My wife is wondering why there is no multiplayer zombie mode, and quite honestly so am I.

The matchmaking system in this game is absolute shit. It seems to love to put all the high level players on one team, and all the nubs on the other. Yeesh!

Ugh, I hate rage quitters. Just had one of my best games, and the last one alive dashboards. Probably didn't want to lose survivors. CURSE YOU META GAME!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Where to join this chat, and maybe push a hour~ ahead?
We'll see how things turn out tomorrow. If there's enough interest for a full private party we can start it ASAP.

If anyone needs a chat room invite quote this post to see the PSN ID for it and send a friend request. I'm going to bed soon, but I'll check the account tomorrow morning and send out invites to everyone who sends a friend request.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
PSN ID: NetMapel
Timezone: PST
No mic... at least for now.

I'm pretty new. Just beat the story mode and am ready to start multiplayer with GAFers :)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
ryvS4TVl.jpg

GAF Private Match Saturday!
Jump into the chat room on Saturday at ~1 PM PDT. If there's enough people for a full 8 man party we'll group and do a few private GAF matches.

t1373745600z4.png

If anyone needs a chat room invite quote this post to see the PSN ID for it and send a friend request. I'll send you a chat room invite the next time I log on.

Top Bottom