• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Remnant |OT| of DON'T LISTEN TO REVIEWERS!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Spring
• New features not included in the original Xbox 360 release version
Woot.

Will the NA version come out any sooner? Or do we have to wait for it to support French, German, Spanish and Italian? :[

batbeg

Hazaro said:
Spring

Woot.

Will the NA version come out any sooner? Or do we have to wait for it to support French, German, Spanish and Italian? :[

Yeah, you'll have to wait, just like with the 360 version.

Seriously, wut?

batbeg

DedicationThroughLight said:
So the PC version is only coming to PAL territories AND the PS3 version is still TBA in all territories and USA is not getting PC version apparently?

What in the world are they thinking?

What? What are you guys on about? This is a PAL PR release. That's why it's about the PAL territories.

Belgorim

I wasnt going to buy this game at first, but then they had it for 25€ @ play.com so had to give it a go. And boy was I surprised, its awesome.

I have to admit the start was pretty rough though, I had to give it a couple hours to get in to it. I think I am still pretty early in the game though, at least I hope so.

I never even tried it without installing. The graphics, animation and art direction is in my opinion incredible. Pop-in has not bothered me yet. Though that hardly bothered me in mass effect either, so go figure.

batbeg said:
What? What are you guys on about? This is a PAL PR release. That's why it's about the PAL territories.

Yeah, the problem is that they only released a press release there and no where else at all and have been working extensively on the PC version and not the PS3 version.

Quazar

So I just got on second disc. Does anyone have a number of quests I should have done ? I didn't see any at any pub.

Ah damn is the fire elemtal fight quest available on disc 2?

Damn it's not there anymore :(

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
if i remember right from a message board i read.. there are something like 42 quests on the first disc

Quazar

worldrevolution said:
if i remember right from a message board i read.. there are something like 42 quests on the first disc

Cool, thanks. I have a saved file just right before last area on disc 1. Not looking forward to a second run through of those last bosses.

Krelian

I had only 37 quests done when I finished disc one. But I couldn't find any more quests, I double checked every pub in every town to no avail. Anyway, I'll just continue, maybe I'll try getting every quest another play-through.

Quazar

Krelian said:
I had only 37 quests done when I finished disc one. But I couldn't find any more quests, I double checked every pub in every town to no avail. Anyway, I'll just continue, maybe I'll try getting every quest another play-through.

Yea I had 36 and nothing else was available.

Walshicus

Just started this game, having installed it right off the bat. I think I might have to turn subtitles ON... I could swear I got knocked out in the first fifteen minutes by a giant phallus called the Gay Bulge.

Aaron

I wonder if they're ever patch the game. It seems to me the big cause of the slowdown during battle is due to the useless transparencies. Just disable them, and the framerate is bound to jump up. I wouldn't mind them still if they didn't mess up the timing for the critical triggers. I do okay, but sometimes they're either too fast or way too slow.

Yazus

DAMMIT. If i only knew this two weeks ago, i wouldnt have bought the game. I dont like it much and i have a lot of other games to play.

Also, PC = no slowdowns (i hope :lol) and more features. So i probably should have waited. Oh well.

Neil

Ooo I *finally* unlocked Blackout. No idea how I did it. And then about an hour later it was used again. Again, no idea how I did it.
I thought when you unlocked it, you would be able to use it whenever you wanted to? I've never seen it in the battle list.

I've completed every quest there is on the first disk now *I think* :D

Yazus

Guys i need some advice.

I'm BR 35 and i'm at the Eagle Nest battle.
I have done about 15 of the 41 quests in DVD1.

Roeas and Castanea keep kicking my ass.

Do I need to level more? This game is too grindy :(
I mean if it wasn't for the grind/quests i would have been BR25.

Angela Lansbury

Neo Member
For all those that don't know, here are the supposed actual secret achievements, and thank the lord that it isn't that keeping rush from dying nonsense!

Im not sure if they are really spoilers, so look at your own risk.

The Last Remnant: 200: You have defeated the Absolute Conquerer. Perhaps YOU are the Last Remnant...

The Final Instance: 200: You have finished the quest "Things Unchangeable." Congratulations!

Jonsoncao

Banned
after putting a few hours into it.......holy shit by far the best JRPG non-action-based battle system i ve ever played!!!

:lol :lol :lol

Finally got some of the Blueprint 2's for that uber-weapon that requires 50 BP1's, 40BP2's, and 30BP'3s.

I didn't realize there were other guilds! I just completed Baron Nelson's second quest which unlocked an entirely new guild with new quests. Awesome!

Yazus said:
Guys i need some advice.

I'm BR 35 and i'm at the Eagle Nest battle.
I have done about 15 of the 41 quests in DVD1.

Roeas and Castanea keep kicking my ass.

Do I need to level more? This game is too grindy :(
I mean if it wasn't for the grind/quests i would have been BR25.

I beat them around BR45 without much of an issue - I had to re-load once because I'm trying to keep Rush alive.

The key to the battle is (imo) to kill off everyone but the big guy w/ the hammer first. He's the only one that can do AoE attacks. Once everyone else is killed off, attack him sparingly - heal as much as possible, and only use 1 party at a time to attack + distance attacks from magus squads.

Beat him on my second try...I couldn't believe people complained about him so much. If someone has AoE + Multi-deadlock...Then don't fight them with every Union you have!

Ricker

The Bosses at the end of disk 1 are much harder...I'm trying to do 2 side quests now that have me a little stomped...I need to find the city of Ballukk i think it's called and where the Ostji land is as well.Doing one big quest with someone(took me 2 hours) raised my battle rank to 65 now and I have unlocked something I'm not even sure how to use yet(I think it's time I revisit all the guild/tavern/stores/forge/upgrade places to find out about that...this game is huge,if you want it to be. :)

Aaron

Ricker said:
The Bosses at the end of disk 1 are much harder...I'm trying to do 2 side quests now that have me a little stomped...I need to find the city of Ballukk i think it's called and where the Ostji land is as well.Doing one big quest with someone(took me 2 hours) raised my battle rank to 65 now and I have unlocked something I'm not even sure how to use yet(I think it's time I revisit all the guild/tavern/stores/forge/upgrade places to find out about that...this game is huge,if you want it to be. :)
Ballukk is northwest exit on the great sand sea. Just keep going through the valley of the gods.

I got a X360 few days ago, and I really need my JRPG fix, and I don't want to browse the entire thread, so here goes the question: is the game that good?.

batbeg

Relaxed Muscle said:
I got a X360 few days ago, and I really need my JRPG fix, and I don't want to browse the entire thread, so here goes the question: is the game that good?.

If production values, dramatic storytelling, and deep characters are your thing, no.

If battle systems, customization, exploration, and side quests are your thing, yes.

Relaxed Muscle said:
Yes the gameplay is really good, also it's pretty challenging especially after the end of disk 1.

There's texture pop-in and some framerate drops in combat, but it never bothered me and it's certainly not a reason to miss out on the game. Just be sure to install it to your hard drive first.

Ryn

Relaxed Muscle said:

It's either this or Lost Odyssey. And Lost Odyssey is pretty much amazing as well.

me Jojo

Want this just for the battle system alone, but there's also tons of other games I wanna get. Might (have to) go to the store tomorrow, will grab it if there's a Christmas discount.:D

Okay I gotta say some of the quirks in this game have to be some of the worst ever. I am guessing I am close to the end of the game. I have beaten 3 of the boss gauntlet in the middle of the map. After the second one I found a quest to get some marshel stone(not sure how they romanize it) which one you get allows you to capture some remnants as items. Now this is the FUCKING problem. I can't tell my party what to equip. So out of 3 only one character took one so I have only seen one of the summons usedand it looks like it will stay that way. :(

Sorry for spelling. iPhone.

Okay so need some help.

I am around battle rank 68 and have gotten through three of the 6 boss battles you have to do on disc 2. Now I am just completely getting owned by any of the other ones I try. I can't find shit for quests and I have no idea where to go for some good old fashioned grinding.

Any tips?

Shouta

Dunno about grinding but those things scale to a degree so I don't know how much you will need to overcome that hump. I'm on the last 2 of the 6 and been so for the last week or so since I haven't had the urge to play.

Which ones did you finish?

Shouta said:
Dunno about grinding but those things scale to a degree so I don't know how much you will need to overcome that hump. I'm on the last 2 of the 6 and been so for the last week or so since I haven't had the urge to play.

Which ones did you finish?

I finished 1-3. I started the fourth one a couple of times but the twins do that attack at the start of the fight that take most of my guys down to half health. Add to that the backup units they have and I usually lose two unions in the first round.

I am going with 4 units atm and really don't know what else to do.

Wait so even the bosses scale?

_Xenon_

Banned
BudokaiMR2 said:
Okay so need some help.

I am around battle rank 68 and have gotten through three of the 6 boss battles you have to do on disc 2. Now I am just completely getting owned by any of the other ones I try. I can't find shit for quests and I have no idea where to go for some good old fashioned grinding.

Any tips?
This game's LV up system kind of sucks ass. BR basically means nothing to your group's strength. You have to make your grinding plan at very early age of the game or your teams / characters are pretty screwed.

Generally:
<rank 10: Blackdale - Obsidian trail
This area is unlocked once you finish the first blackdale quest. The plan is to keep killing the first Scull Scavenger in Obsidian trail over and over (switch zone & login/out to respawn the mob) until your BR reaches 40. You will have about 2K+ hp after the grinding.

<rank 50: Siebenbur - The First Path
Can't remember how to unlock it. Maybe from a random dialog in somewhere's guild...
The plan is keeping cleaning the area until you reach BR 65 (maybe 60).

<rank 100: DLC dungeon (disc 2)
The hydra & dragon mob in the 1st floor is your target. Avoid those floating ghost things as much as possible since they can summon reinforcement endlessly. Basically after grinding to BR 100 here, each of your team will have around 6K+ hp, which makes the rest of game a piece of cake.

Wait is this DLC dungeon free because I don't have any monies on my debit card atm. :(

I really just want to finish the game at the point but these bosses can be a real bitch. Seems like the only way i am gonna beat them at my current state is with some real luck.

BudokaiMR2 said:
Wait is this DLC dungeon free because I don't have any monies on my debit card atm. :(

I really just want to finish the game at the point but these bosses can be a real bitch. Seems like the only way i am gonna beat them at my current state is with some real luck.

All the download content I saw for the game was free.

I picked TLR today, and I played for a bit, so far so good, graphics weren't as bad as I think they would, they look pretty decent IMO, apart from the problems everybody is aware of. Combat system is indeed deep, I only get a grasp of how is, but I can tell there's a lot of options, features and possibilities. I think I'll read the manual, something I don't do for some quite time :lol , because the tuturial leave me some questions and there's no manual in the game.

Relix said:
LO is cheaper and it's pretty much a great experience if you like Final Fantasy-type games.

I am waiting to buy TLR, waiting for another huge price drop since i missed on Amazon's one.

Well, you are a bit late :lol

Anyway, LO was the first option, but, I couldn't find it (and I didn't want to search that much) and it's still 60€ here. I'll get LO when drops the price.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Relaxed Muscle said:
thanks for the advice.

Tomorrow I'll decide, it's this or LO. I will post impressions if I choose LR.:lol :lol

LO is cheaper and it's pretty much a great experience if you like Final Fantasy-type games.

I am waiting to buy TLR, waiting for another huge price drop since i missed on Amazon's one.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Ryn said:
It's either this or Lost Odyssey. And Lost Odyssey is pretty much amazing as well.
LO definitely didn't hook me like this has.
Finally beat Hell's Gate on Sunday. Yeah, I'm slow.
I didn't realize you could revive the units he took over! I never got the option, but I was actually never holding any damn revive items, so that was my fault. Shit, I never picked up any items from the item shop, so I was fucking myself without realizing it.
Still loving it, though.

Aaron

Jonsoncao said:
any good formation and personnel advice? thanks guys
Make sure each union has two healers, one to revive fallen enemies and the other to heal them at the same time. What formations you use depends on how your unions end up. So if it's nothing but sword wielders, use pincer's grip. If it's mostly magic attacks, choose the one that boosts that.

duckroll

I can't wait to pick this up next week:

081222.jpg

992 pages! RAWWWWRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Shouta

Quazar said:
So what city is the quest for fighting tournament? Starting to think I'm missing a city.

Go to the Heroic Ramparts and instead of going right, hang a left and exit that way. You'll find a city. That's where Bloctor's Fighting Tournament quest is.

So I went into the ancient ruins DLC and got my ass raped pretty bad. I am battle rank 68 and I really just want to level up to get some more HP in order to beat some of these last bosses.

Also...

IS THERE ANY WAY TO GET THESE FUCKERS TO EQUIP THE EQUIPMENT I WANT!?!?!

:(

I have like 3 remnant items that are perfectly usable that no one will ask for. I swear the idea of not being able to equip your own guys was retarded.

Top Bottom