• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mononoke

Banned
Going out. Need to get out. I'm going to go stay with someone, so I'm not alone. I might post on my phone. But if not, Merry Christmas everyone!

I recorded a couple tracks from the game because I couldn't find them anywhere and they were too good to pass up.
Note that I don't think these tracks have any officially released names, so I'm just naming them as I see 'em.

"Professional Bending"
Plays for a criminally short amount of time in Chapter 1, and in certain rounds of Pro Bending mode.

Thanks mate. Goddamn that "Pro-bending" piece,
0bde98cc6e316b510abca73105ec74031331141438_full.jpg

What could've been, but never be. Hmm..was there any specific bits of music for probending? I can't recall much on the pro-bending aspect of season 1.

Mononoke

Banned
That's actually good to hear. Make her breakfast tomorrow. You'll both feel good after the experience.

Lol I see what you are implying. :p

But nah I was seriously in an awful place. I have a lot going on in my life right now and I was so depressed. I don't think I've ever been this bad before.

So I'm not in exactly good shape. But I also feel an anger energy of wanting to get past all of this. To get the people out of my life that have brought me so much pain. I'm just ready to move on.

Leaving my house and staying with this friend for Xmas Eve and Xmas should give me some support and a fresh new start so to speak. This has been the worst week of my life.

But I'm ready to just leave behind everything and move forward.

Anyways I hope everyone has a good night/Xmas. I love you guys.

Durask

I'm gonna put up my season 2 and 3 blu rays on Ebay,

Bought them since Amazon did not have these seasons on Prime and I missed those seasons when they were airing.

No way I am buying 1 and 4. Not a blu ray worthy show for me.

But nah I was seriously in an awful place. I have a lot going on in my life right now and I was so depressed. I don't think I've ever been this bad before.

So I'm not in exactly good shape. But I also feel an anger energy of wanting to get past all of this. To get the people out of my life that have brought me so much pain. I'm just ready to move on.

Leaving my house and staying with this friend for Xmas Eve and Xmas should give me some support and a fresh new start so to speak. This has been the worst week of my life.

I wasn't exactly implying that. Make the woman breakfast, she'll appreciate it and it's a nice way of saying thank you. People can bond over food you know and well it might eventually lead to what you were initially implying.

I wasn't exactly implying that. Make the woman breakfast, she'll appreciate it and it's a nice way of saying thank you. People can bond over food you know and well it might eventually lead to what you were initially implying.

I thought that only happens when you compliment their hair???

Mononoke

Banned

Lol sorry, I'm texting while heading out so I didn't get what you were saying :p But yeah, I definitely should thank her for taking me in. She offered more compassion and help then my own close friends smh.

Mononoke

Banned
tumblr_nh3ulc32RW1qcsd3co1_500.gif

coming on korra gaf after a couple of days and seeing all the Korrasami

also Merry Christmas everyone :D

Lol it's a shame so much focus has been on Korrasami when it wasn't even that well written. Now the ending of the series having no plot or resolution makes sense. Bryke intended the entire series to be defined by this relationship lol

Lol it's a shame so much focus has been on Korrasami when it wasn't even that well written. Now the ending of the series having no plot or resolution makes sense. Bryke intended the entire series to be defined by this relationship lol

1398988006156.jpg

There aint much to talk about besides wasted potential, stepping closer to the dark abyss of fanfiction, acceptance and rinse&repeat.

I thought that only happens when you compliment their hair???
Bryke had it wrong. Depending on the woman complimenting their legs works better.
Lol sorry, I'm texting while heading out so I didn't get what you were saying :p But yeah, I definitely should thank her for taking me in. She offered more compassion and help then my own close friends smh.
You know some pretty shit people man, flush those people.

Trey

How can you follow up such a great episode like A Voice In the Night with fucking Spirit of Competition of all things?

Sorry to hear that. Hope the new year comes with better tidings!

But yeah, I live my life kind of harshly. I'm very quick to cut off anyone I think is going to have an adverse affect on my physical or mental health. Might be a bad thing for me, but eh, who knows.

Trey

I loved that episode, though.

Why?

I asked that exact question.

It's so perplexing. You have some solid, character building stuff to go on due to the nearly flawless Voice in the Night. You could have had Korra learn something from Tenzin to connect deeper with her avatar spirit. You can still have the Bolin date as an aside, cuz that was cute. You could have Korra go on an adventure in Republic City to help her understand Amon's motives. So much more functional and interesting things could be done that would actually help the show's relationships more than Spirit of Competition ended up doing because it makes the characters interesting.

But nah.

Why?

It's so perplexing. You have some solid, character building stuff to go on due to the nearly flawless Voice in the Night. You could have had Korra learn something from Tenzin to connect deeper with her avatar spirit. You can still have the Bolin date as an aside, cuz that was cute. You could have Korra go on an adventure in Republic City to help her understand Amon's motives. So much more functional and interesting things could be done that would actually help the show's relationships more than Spirit of Competition ended up doing because it makes the characters interesting.

But nah.

Why do we even question these things any more?

The answer is simple, it's one word, it's a portmanteau.

It's Bryke.

Afrocious

I'm actually considering writing a fanfiction for post-LoK stuff, which sucks because the only reason I stopped writing fanfiction was how I felt it was a waste of time and potential money despite how much I enjoyed it.

Yet here I am not working on anything, and damn sure not writing.

The Mentalist....

227839420.gif

Is it? Because I bailed out a little bit after the Red John arc concluded. I watched a couple episodes and forgot about it and I've been meaning to catch up on it so I can watch Season 7 and finished the series. I really like the series, but the way they finished up Red John was bullshit of the highest order.

Hey, how is everyone doing tonight?

I'm spending Christmas Eve all alone. I kind of went through some really tough times the past couple of days. I just wanted to say hi, and just have someone to talk to I guess. Hope everyone is happy.

Sorry to hear you're spending it alone! Cheer up, we'll all meditate into the spirit world and have a party ;)

Neo Dark

I'm spending Christmas Eve all alone. I kind of went through some really tough times the past couple of days. I just wanted to say hi, and just have someone to talk to I guess. Hope everyone is happy.
Hope things get better. We're here for you. In a way, you're not really alone =)

Sorry to hear you're spending it alone! Cheer up, we'll all meditate into the spirit world and have a party ;)
This too. Let's go our own journey and find Korrasami

Damn. Cheer up. That's all I got, sorry.

On a side note, I'm only halfway through Book 1 on my re-watch. Man, The Spirit of Competition is definitely the weakest episode up until that point. I don't mind it so much though, because I think the whole triangle was decent, plus (unlike a lot of people, apparently) I enjoyed pro-bending. Sure, it doesn't hold a candle to the actual bending in the series (And the Winner is... still has a dope fucking action sequence) but I still enjoyed it a lot. I like the mechanics of it, which means yes, I did enjoy pro-bending in the game. Besides, pro-bending isn't even a thing after The Aftermath (another good episode, might I add).

Omikaru

Merry Christmas, KorraGAF. Wishing you all a wonderful day. I'm at my dad's place and I have no computer, so I'm accessing GAF on my phone, which is why I'm not posting much.

One of my best friends saw the finale today, and she thanked me for introducing her to ATLA back in 2011. Regardless of how you feel about the show, it's always great to see people who love something so passionately that they're moved by it.

Going to marathon Book 4 with my best pal (it's a tradition after each season ends) on the 27th. I've seen it, he hasn't. Maybe I'll have a different perspective to offer having ploughed through it all in one go.

Toa TAK

Banned
Merry Christmas, KorraGAF. Wishing you all a wonderful day. I'm at my dad's place and I have no computer, so I'm accessing GAF on my phone, which is why I'm not posting much.

One of my best friends saw the finale today, and she thanked me for introducing her to ATLA back in 2011. Regardless of how you feel about the show, it's always great to see people who love something so passionately that they're moved by it.

Going to marathon Book 4 with my best pal (it's a tradition after each season ends) on the 27th. I've seen it, he hasn't. Maybe I'll have a different perspective to offer having ploughed through it all in one go.
Merry Christmas and enjoy yourselves!
I wouldn't say weak, the people who found the ending acceptable were mostly either Biodrones or people who weren't invested in the series.
Yeah, but the IT was full of holes and reaching, too. :(

I barely feel like I have a family and I'm pretty much just waiting for my parents to get divorced. I'm fine with my mom and two sisters, but my dad has absentee syndrome and acts like his family doesn't exist.

Daemul

Os0lQ9L.jpg

Is it? Because I bailed out a little bit after the Red John arc concluded. I watched a couple episodes and forgot about it and I've been meaning to catch up on it so I can watch Season 7 and finished the series. I really like the series, but the way they finished up Red John was bullshit of the highest order.

The Red John arc ending was complete bullshit, but they did well to move on and continue the series afterwards, and the final season so far is very good with them closing up some plot threads from the previous 6 seasons.

You should catch up with the series, even though season 7 is only a 13 episode season, but it's a 13 episode season done right so far. The first 4 episodes have already had more happening in them than the entirety of LoK S4 LOL!

Bryke should really realise that if you're going to have a 10-13 episode season, each episode should be at least 40 minutes long for it to work right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom