• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamlet

tumblr_mehnayhpMH1raqm3eo1_500.gif

Perfect avatar ha.

Daemul

I've been struggling this past 5 days to watch or do anything else after the conclusion of Korra, neglecting some of the shows I was watching in the process. So I guess it's true what they say, you never know how good you had something until it's gone. I'm even beginning to get nostalgic of season 2, because no matter how shitty it was, at least it was part of Korra ;_;

I just forced myself to watch an episode of one of those shows, The Mentalist, and welp, a character I never expected to return has done a RKO out of nowhere and popped back on the show. Time to see how this plays out, because that has certainly grabbed my attention and gotten me to forget about LoK, for a couple of hours at least lol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yeah it wasn't great, but at least it was telegraphed throughout starting with the train.

If nothing else the timing for the proposal was right since it was right before the final battle....WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN A GREAT TIME FOR ASAMI OR KORRA TO PULL THE OTHER ASIDE FOR A TENDER MOMENT OF THEIR OWN, BRYKE!

Ah, here is a tidbit, this actually happened, they actually had a really tender moment that really encapsulated the growing feelings. The problem is it was a scene in Remembrances, the bloody clip show, so most people ended up skipping it and episode was a far few away from the finale.

jediyoshi

Ah, here is a tidbit, this actually happened, they actually had a really tender moment that really encapsulated the growing feelings. The problem is it was a scene in Remembrances, the bloody clip show, so most people ended up skipping it and episode was a far few away from the finale.

tumblr_inline_nh1z9gwqO11ri01v3.png

tumblr_inline_nh1zcettbZ1ri01v3.png

#teacuplove

Luigi87

Sales started for things here in Canada. Ordered books 2 & 3 of ATLA on DVD, but book 1 is sold out at the current places, damn.

Merry Christmas Korragaf. It's a hot one here. I feel like melting ha.

Would it shock you if I told you I've never played any of the halo games or pokemon games.
You're not missing much by skipping Halo, but everybody should experience the Shin Megami Tensei games. Pokemon is an acquired taste, one I have myself oddly. I don't, I'm a bit of an all rounder and curious so I play whatever piques my curiosity so I'm always shocked by what people do and don't play.
I don't have the cash or time (anymore ;_;) to keep up with all gaming knowledge. I can barley figure out #gamergate. Just let me know when TMCC is fixed to perfection.
Oh yeah, Merry Christmas, KorraGAF!
While you're waiting for TMCC to unfuck itself buy a cheap ass PS2 and play Persona 4. You'll probably beat it before that game gets fixed.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Merry Christmas, Korragaf. Bryke gave us the best present of all

Hamlet

You're not missing much by skipping Halo, but everybody should experience the Shin Megami Tensei games. Pokemon is an acquired taste, one I have myself oddly. I don't, I'm a bit of an all rounder and curious so I play whatever piques my curiosity so I'm always shocked by what people do and don't play.

While you're waiting for TMCC to unfuck itself buy a cheap ass PS2 and play Persona 4. You'll probably beat it before that game gets fixed.

Yeah i'll usually give anything a try. One of the big reasons i've never played any Pokemon games is due to never owning any Nintendo handheld consoles and plus they don't really interest me that much. Still i'll probably be getting a WiiU just for Zelda when that comes out ha.

YES. Pokemon is amazing, but Halo is the best.
=(
I'd probably could read both #gamergate threads at that point, too

They've never really piqued my interest the Halo games. Though I will listen to the soundtracks occasionally as there's no denying they're fantastic.

Yup, KUVIRA:
tumblr_ngt8gooFjE1tda6puo7_400.gif

Recommend me some.
Persona 3&4, Final Fantasy 4,6,7,8,9,10, Most of the Tales games, if you have a 360 get Tales of Vesperia, cast is great in that game, Suikoden anything...well 2,3 and 5, Resonance of Fate...I'm really going to have to actually look at my games collection and you need to give me a list of systems as well.

Daemul

The Mentalist....

227839420.gif

Now back to talking about LoK lol

I'm just glad I don't have to hear people going crazy over Varrick's hamfisted out of nowhere proposal. Just awful.

Varricks proposal was a huge what the fuck moment for me, it literally came out of nowhere. I knew that Zhu Li had a thing for Varrick, but Varrick had shown no romantic inclinations towards Zhu Li whatsoever. Yeah, he had shown regret for mistreating her over the years, but that was as far as it went, it certainly was not love.

Toa TAK

Banned
Persona 3&4, Final Fantasy 4,6,7,8,9,10, Most of the Tales games, if you have a 360 get Tales of Vesperia, cast is great in that game, Suikoden anything...well 2,3 and 5, Resonance of Fate...I'm really going to have to actually look at my games collection and you need to give me a list of systems as well.

360 and One.

Kinvara

Varricks proposal was a huge what the fuck moment for me, it literally came out of nowhere. I knew that Zhu Li had a thing for Varrick, but Varrick had shown no romantic inclinations towards Zhu Li whatsoever. Yeah, he had shown regret for mistreating her over the years, but that was as far as it went, it certainly was not love.

The romance wasn't a thing until Book 4. It was obvious that Varrick had feelings for Zhu Li. Whenever it looked like he was about to get intimate, he'd chicken out at the last minute and say something ridiculous to kill the mood.

And people say Korrasami isn't canon due to lack of development. Pfft. pls.

My wife and I just marathoned A Muppet's Christmas Carol and It's A Wonderful Life. The latter is great just because everyone is fucking insane.

Also, looking back at Books 3 and 4 I can see the point where Asami knew for sure she loved Korra. Near the end of Book 3 when Korra is lying on the ground about to die from the mercury. The look Asami has on her face and her body language telegraphs it pretty well.

Anyone have a screenshot?

Hamlet

My wife and I just marathoned A Muppet's Christmas Carol and It's A Wonderful Life. The latter is great just because everyone is fucking insane.

Also, looking back at Books 3 and 4 I can see the point where Asami knew for sure she loved Korra. Near the end of Book 3 when Korra is lying on the ground about to die from the mercury. The look Asami has on her face and her body language telegraphs it pretty well.

Anyone have a screenshot?

I assume this is the scene you're referring to.

tNke8Pr.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom