• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamlet

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=959893

Damn Korra not eligible for GAFanime of the year.

Very funny Shira
tumblr_ncrwtkhFIX1s67n76o1_500.gif

DedValve

Banned
I'm loving the discussion going on here. I guess we are doing our own post mortem of the show.

WHAT WILL FILL THE VOID OF KORRA NOW?

Seriously I feel so vested in this series only for it to be gone.

The Korra video game is so good. I don't get why reviews gave it such a low score. I mean yeah the story is really simple and straightforward and Naga runs are crap. But that combat system is so good.

The Korra video game is so good. I don't get why reviews gave it such a low score. I mean yeah the story is really simple and straightforward and Naga runs are crap. But that combat system is so good.

That's PlatinumGames for ya. First time I ever play of their games, it's so much better with all the elements unlocked at harder difficulties.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I'm loving the discussion going on here. I guess we are doing our own post mortem of the show.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Sou Da

Don't like RWBY? I've only seen a few eps.

RWBY might as well be false advertising based on it's pre release trailers, also some of the modeling really showed off how much of an amateur Monty Oum is. Dude made entirely new models for their pajama appearances and completely screwed up their heights.

I don't mind it though. At the end of the day it's still a good thing to have more indie western animation.

I will say this about RvB though. Given the nature of the plots they do nowadays, they REALLY should have just went through with the deal to make the cartoon.

Hamlet

Going be hard to find something to fill that void. But at least there are plenty of great shows out there at the moment to ease the pain. Just not so with western action animated shows at the moment though :(
- Steven Universe is getting better and better as goes on
- Tron Uprising is pretty good. Fantastic score for this one
Also you're missing out big time if you haven't started watching Gravity Falls yet.
- Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis having quite a bit of fun with that so far.

Young Justice and then Gargoyles so when both get cut down in their prime you can shed some manly tears.
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Watch this shit son! Seriously. Let go your earthly tether and strike some manly poses.
If it's not praise-worthy it's the wrong opinion.
I will not praise wasted potential, I will critique it and judge it accordingly.

Well since western animators seem scared shirtless of making mature animated shows, best start trying to get into anime!

Hamlet

I really do need to watch Psycho Pass eventually. Seriously there's a lot of years worth of old anime to get into as well. Don't neglect some of the oldies because of animation age.

You need to watch Space Battleship Yamato 2199 first before you even think about watching Psycho Pass.

You need to watch Space Battleship Yamato 2199 first before you even think about watching Psycho Pass.
I watched the first ep, then switched to Young Justice. I needed a break from subs and I think I was in the mood some something less of a space opera I guess. I'm definitely getting back to that after I watch Gargoyles I think.

AniHawk

I really do need to watch Psycho Pass eventually. Seriously there's a lot of years worth of old anime to get into as well. Don't neglect some of the oldies because of animation age.

just watch madoka magica instead. it's pretty much the same thing and only half as long.

Young Justice and then Gargoyles so when both get cut down in their prime you can shed some manly tears.

Watch this shit son! Seriously. Let go your earthly tether and strike some manly poses.

I will not praise wasted potential, I will critique it and judge it accordingly.

i fucking hate you. you got me hooked on young justice and I know it got cancelled. this can only end poorly.

DAMMIT

Hamlet

I watched the first ep, then switched to Young Justice. I needed a break from subs and I think I was in the mood some something less of a space opera I guess. I'm definitely getting back to that after I watch Gargoyles I think.

Fair enough. Glad to see you're liking Young Justice.
Gah still hurts after all this time how CN treated the show. I just keep falling in love with shows that get horribly mistreated by their networks.

AniHawk

Gah still hurts after all this time how CN treated the show. I just keep falling in love with shows that get horribly mistreated by their networks.

you should really watch sym-bionic titan.

Poyunch

What hurts even more is there are numerous background jokes and references to Young Justice and Green Lantern in Teen Titans Go! It hurts.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Said to the guy that likes Kill La Kill. Is it worse than Baccano? Cause I really think that's an over rated show.

At least Kill la Kill never pretended to be more then it was, I can't say the same for Psycho Pass.
Is the Sybil System evil? OF COURSE IT BLOODY IS IF IT IS GOING TO CLASSIFY A EMOTIONALLY TRAUMATIZED RAPE VICTIM AS A CRIMINAL AND WHEN THE MAN WHO RAPED HER ONLY DID IT BECAUSE HE WAS ALREADY BRANDED!
God damn, what a stupid show.

I just wish the PSN was up so I could buy it on sale for $9!

Also, I'm mailing that letter tomorrow morning.

I'm going to make a final post.

I wanted to first thank GAF for everything they've done for me. I've had a rough year. They made me feel loved and cared for. I got so much support. This site meant so much to me. But I've been really struggling these past couple of days. I've lost my only friend and it really hurts. But I'm also now able to see things more clearly. I've hit rock bottom. Which means I can finally step back and look at myself. What I see is not good. I'm really embarassed and ashamed at how I've been. I never meant to be those things. I guess I've just been lost.

I need to start fresh, even if that means letting go of something like this that means so much to me. I can't keep posting when it pains me to think of this person. I just can't anymore. I plan on leaving soon for Japan and travelling. Hopefully I can clear my head and find a new beginning. But as of now I can't stop myself from crying every time I think of this person or every time I feel the hole in my heart. I had never cared about someone more then I had of them. The reality is, where I'm at in my life, right now. They were the only thing I really had. And losing that, has meant I have nothing.

I'm so hurt and angry. But I also realize so much of it was my own fault. I pushed all my issues on them. I became too clingy. The fact is, because they were the only thing that made me happy, I put too much on them. Putting everything on a single person is never good. It's not healthy. It took me hitting rock bottom and losing them to realize that.

I don't know what is next. I just know I can't stick around anymore. I can't keep being in this place. It hurts too much.

I'm not going to hurt myself. And I appreciate anyone trying to reach out. But please don't. I've thought about this, and it's what I need. It's what I'm going to do. I'm not sure if this will be bye forever. But it's goodbye for now. I just want to say I'm so sorry for anyone Ive ever disappointed. Just know I've always just had nothing but love in my heart for others. At my core this past year, I was just a scared and lonely person.

I wish things had been different. But I can't continue to occupy this same space. I'm worn out and tired of being hurt. I just wanted to say I hope everyone fights on and never gives up. If you need to reach me my Twitter is: @azulaGAF.

Azula's final post.

Goddamn.

:(

This show is awesome. I'm watching ep 8, it's not afraid to tackle some very difficult material. Only thing keeping the characters from hitting a bottle of Jack Daniels is the fact that it was on Cartoon Network.
Azula's final post.

Goddamn.

:(
He's not digging a hole in the ground just recharging his batteries. It's something he really needs to be honest.

This show is awesome. I'm watching ep 8, it's not afraid to tackle some very difficult material. Only thing keeping the characters from hitting a bottle of Jack Daniels is the fact that it was on Cartoon Network.

He's not digging a hole in the ground just recharging his batteries. It's something he really needs to be honest.

Everyone needs a break from these kinds of forums (and I don't mean GAF alone, but Facebook, Twitter, what have you).

He's a swell guy - hope he finds happiness in the new year and has a blast in Japan. I'll miss his posts but we'll be waiting for him when he's ready.

Everyone needs a break from these kinds of forums (and I don't mean GAF alone, but Facebook, Twitter, what have you).

He's a swell guy - hope he finds happiness in the new year and has a blast in Japan. I'll miss his posts but we'll be waiting for him when he's ready.
That's the best way to look at it. He just wants to get back to being his best so he's taking a break to exorcise some demons and enjoy his time in Japan. GAF will be here when he gets back so we should all just wish him luck.
Edit:
Sportmasters monologue in ep 8 is fucking hilarious!!! LOL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom